PDA

View Full Version : The Spring Promise

AJoifulNoise
March 15th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Spring is coming. The weather is warming (in places). Flowers are popping up, robbins are appearing, and bunnies will soon be frolicking.

And, I know with that, some of us are going to feel the urge to cut/color/highlight/etc our hair. A spring spruce that we may regret later.

So, I am swearing off all of the major hair changes that I will be tempted to try this spring. I will not color or cut my hair drastically. Really, I don't plan to even trim until September.

I figure I'm not the only one who will need a little support with this. I notice there are more "I'm considering cutting my hair" type threads and blogs popping up right now.

So, who's with me? Whenever we consider major hair changes this spring we can come to this thread and talk each other down.

Speckla
March 15th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I'll promise not to do anything beyond trimming my bangs if my hair promises to behave. :)
________
Bubbler Pipe (http://bubblers.net/)

Silverlox
March 15th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Great idea! :flower:

I'm definitely with you. Not because I have had any urges so far to cut, dye or highlight, but simply because I've invested far too much time and TLC into achieving long, virgin hair to let any fad ruin it! :scared:

The hair stays! So do all the silvers and greys. :D

RoseRedDead
March 15th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I promise not to cut (save normal scheduled trimming), colour, or do anything naughty with my hair this spring.

(I hope to reach waist-length by summer, whoo!)

Brat
March 15th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Yup, the joys of spring. Mosquitos breeding, unbearable humidity, too much rain to be able to mow, and hurricane season coming. Woohoo. Can't wait for winter!!

I promise to not cut my length, just refresh my "fringe" as they call it. And I will not get highlights (well, can't really with indigo! whew! easy promise to keep!) and I will treat my hair like it's spun silk.

Nightshade
March 15th, 2009, 07:48 PM
.... and bunnies will soon be frolicking.

So that's what they're calling it now! :eyebrows: ;)

Great thread idea! :flowers:

AJoifulNoise
March 15th, 2009, 07:58 PM

Wise-cracker in every bunch. :p

WritingPrincess
March 15th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I promise not to cut my hair more than 2 inches either. Not that I'm considering it, but I AM thinking about a trim. My ends look bad. There. I've said it.

plainjanegirl
March 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I am joining this. May let my hair get some sun this summer.
But no chemicals or cutting or trims of any kind.

Coriander
March 15th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Spring is coming. The weather is warming (in places). Flowers are popping up, robbins are appearing, and bunnies will soon be frolicking.

I have a feeling this world will soon be overrun with bunnies.

I promise to just leave my hair the heck alone. :) Keep taking my vitamins and aloe and being a good girl. I will only take up the Evil Scissors should I find a split.

Coriander
March 15th, 2009, 08:42 PM

Great thread idea! :flowers:

Wise-cracker in every bunch. :p

*sigh*

Make it two... I just read the rest of the posts. :laugh:

LeaM07
March 15th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Count me in... although I didn't plan on doing anything with mine anyway, so no real feat of greatness, there. :silly:

Frolic away, li'l bunnies. http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/axnopy/bunny.gifhttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/axnopy/bunny.gif

GlennaGirl
March 15th, 2009, 09:18 PM

And, I know with that, some of us are going to feel the urge to cut/color/highlight/etc our hair. A spring spruce that we may regret later.

So, I am swearing off all of the major hair changes that I will be tempted to try this spring. I will not color or cut my hair drastically. Really, I don't plan to even trim until September.

I figure I'm not the only one who will need a little support with this. I notice there are more "I'm considering cutting my hair" type threads and blogs popping up right now.

So, who's with me? Whenever we consider major hair changes this spring we can come to this thread and talk each other down.

What a wonderful idea, AJN. And beautifully written! I got a real "springtime" feel from it. I think this is a great idea!

Nightshade
March 15th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Count me in... although I didn't plan on doing anything with mine anyway, so no real feat of greatness, there. :silly:

Frolic away, li'l bunnies. http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/axnopy/bunny.gifhttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/axnopy/bunny.gif

Ditto here, on all counts. Aside from that whole Sun-In episode I haven't changed what I do to my hair in years :lol:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/axnopy/bunny.gifhttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/axnopy/bunny.gifhttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/axnopy/bunny.gifhttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/axnopy/bunny.gifhttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/axnopy/bunny.gifhttp://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/axnopy/bunny.gif

Darkhorse1
March 15th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I color my gray ;) But, my goal for this summer is to treat my hair a bit nicer than last summer, when ripping it out of styles between show classes and coaching has taken its toll on my ends now. I will also comb it out gentler/brush kinder and do more oilings. :D

CestMadeleine
March 15th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'm in.

This thread is perfect for me. Every spring/early summer I've cut my hair short, let it grow through the year and cut it again by spring.

Last year was the first time I never cut my hair. And I hope it will continue that way until I need a trim.

However, I am going to make one change, which is indigo my hair to even out my two toned colour for my wedding this spring. :D And you can't stop me! Mwhahaha!!!

*frolics along with the bunnies*

Friesiangirl
March 15th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I'm in-- I'll leave my hair alone. I've been tempted... oh the temptation *smacks hand*

No, no cutting!

Hayley

steph in tx
March 16th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I, Stephanie, do hereby promise to refrain from cutting, coloring or otherwise defacing my hair in any way during this Spring season. (I do, however, retain the right to trim my bangs if I find that growing them out is something I don't want to do.) Said promise shall remain in effect regardless of any obvious bunny-frolicking or lack thereof. :D

Magicknthenight
March 16th, 2009, 12:39 AM
while i wasn't really planning on doing much..
I'm in :D Not gonna cut or even trim unless my ends seem like they really need it.
I may trim my bangs back up if i don't like the way they look in up dos though.. I do want to wear my hair down more now that the weather will be nicer though. I'd like to expand my hair toy collection too :)

templeofvenus
March 16th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I better join this thread as I know I eill be tempted as I am growing out a layered bob it is bound to drive me potty lol :)I will only have mini trims to even it up until all the layers are out no other drastic changes!

Finoriel
March 16th, 2009, 01:56 AM
I´m in too :wink: not that I was planning any changes anyways... but then I may as well share my ´leave it alone´-attitude with all of you who try to resist the scissor happy spring-evils.

:D May the ´benign neglect´-disease be as contagious as needed.

kwaniesiam
March 16th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Ooh, great idea! I promise I will not cut, alter, or physically assault my poor hair in the name of spring fashion even if a pack of angry stylists waving Vogue magazine chases me down the road :silly:

Unofficial_Rose
March 16th, 2009, 02:26 AM
I'm in for this one! It's not the scissors, it's the bleach I need to resist.

Very timely as every Spring I start to want to go lighter. It's been all I can do not to break out the peroxide and last year I succumbed and bleached over indigo and had to cut my hair short to gte rid of the ensuing green :(

So, I will vow to leave it alone. Repeat to self: "No blonde highlights and NO CHEMICALS of any description!" :D

AJN, with your lovely hair I didn't think you suffered these sorts of destructive urges?

plainjanegirl
March 16th, 2009, 07:12 AM
while i wasn't really planning on doing much..
I'm in :D Not gonna cut or even trim unless my ends seem like they really need it.
I may trim my bangs back up if i don't like the way they look in up dos though.. I do want to wear my hair down more now that the weather will be nicer though. I'd like to expand my hair toy collection too :)

I forgot that one....I also wanna get some new and different hair toys.

Gutterfayrie
March 16th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I'll join in. Maybe I can keep from over S&D'ing like I've been doing the past few days :rolleyes:

GlassEyes
March 16th, 2009, 07:26 AM
No.

For me, spring weather means 'OHMYGODMYHAIRWON'TFREEZEANYMORE', and that's good enough for me. xDDD

Then again, I haven't ever done that 'spring spruce' thing. First time hearing it to reference anything but cleaning.

LutraLutra
March 16th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Nice thread, I have terrible itchy fingers to do 'something' to my hair right now.

- I promise I will not have my hair cut like Karen O (http://www.refinery29.com/editorial/img/christianjoy_instory.jpg) from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

- I promise I will grow my hair until it looks like Natasha Khan's (http://www.ugo.com/images/galleries/natashakhan_music/natashakhan1.jpg)from Bat For Lashes.

But I'm having real problems not doing a dye release cassia/rhubarb to brighten up my red. But I don't want to stain my hair permantely, but what if it does stain permantley!? And if it does it'd take years to grow out!? And what if it stains my silvers, and I get a tide line of colour?! And right now my hair is totally virgin, and I don't want to mess with that, do I!? :headache:

RavennaNight
March 16th, 2009, 07:39 AM
This is a good idea. I had an equinox trim in mind even though my ends look fine. Maybe this thread will stave that off. Otherwise, I had no color change ideas, so... No to the scissors!

KajiKodomo
March 16th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I promise to not cut my hair at all this spring/summer. I may do a trim to even it all out in the fall, but I will NOT cut it at all until then. I'm going to let it grow and finally reach my goal of tailbone! :)

AJoifulNoise
March 16th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Ooh, great idea! I promise I will not cut, alter, or physically assault my poor hair in the name of spring fashion even if a pack of angry stylists waving Vogue magazine chases me down the road :silly:

:lol: Oh, that's a mental image!

AJN, with your lovely hair I didn't think you suffered these sorts of destructive urges?

Aw, thank you! But, even I have my moments. When I freak out and want to chop the lot to shoulder length. Doubt I'd actually do that since I don't want to go to the salon and I'm not brave enough to do it myself. But, dying it red sure is tempting. Oh, I miss my red hair.

Not gonna do it. Nope! I like my new silvers too much.

enfys
March 16th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I have about 4 inches difference between my layers and ends, and 12 inches between my "fringe" and ends. I was considering evening them up, but couldn't choose which point to. Yes, I know, I know.

So, I'm in. I will reveiw the situation in June.

Unless something beyond my control happens, like I dip it in paint.

Roll on summer!

JamieLeigh
March 16th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I am definitely not doing anything major with my hair right now. I think I got lucky, in that I just hit a major milestone, so I think that will satisfy me for awhile, hair-wise. The only thing I'm doing is probably just maintaining here at 42" until I thicken up a bit. So I will be right here at this length for the rest of the year, probably. :) But I'm happy!!

I too have noticed a lot of "I'm thinking of cutting" threads...but since I've only been here since last fall, I did't know that was seasonal or unusual. I guess the season of renewal and new vibrance can make the "same old thing" people had going on in the winter time seem drab or boring. That's really sad!! :(

maunaloa
March 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM
{raises hand}
I know what you mean. Spring has sprung and it is tempting. I have fought the urge to cut during the winter - last cut was in November.

Unzadi
March 16th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I'm in. No cutting beyond S&D. Still reserve the right to use a demipermanent color or gloss, but nothing permanent.

MsBubbles
March 16th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I definitely got impatient and needed to make a drastic change - so I just threw away all those old clothes on my closet floor and half of them that were hanging up. Now I can actually WALK into my closet in the mornings to complain that I have nothing to wear.

Hair is still intact. :)

AJoifulNoise
March 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I definitely got impatient and needed to make a drastic change - so I just threw away all those old clothes on my closet floor and half of them that were hanging up. Now I can actually WALK into my closet in the mornings to complain that I have nothing to wear.

Hair is still intact. :)

About a month ago I got itchy for a change. So, instead of coloring my hair I rearranged all the furniture in my bedroom. By myself. I was sore for a week afterwards, but it was so worth it. And, as you say, hair is still intact.

Eden Iris
March 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Well, I did my spring sprucing yesterday: the twice-annual, full-head henna application. So now I'm done, and I will try to resist trimming two or so inches off the ends because I know I'll just make a mess of it.

Ryanne
March 16th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I'm in. I'll only S&D.

LaurelSpring
March 16th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Oh Im in! I am only a couple inches from waist now and I can TASTE it!!

Fayejay
March 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM
With cup of tea in hand toast this wonderful thread.

I, promise not to cut or trim my hair this spring. I will trim my fringe/bang as to not do so will render me insane... I will color my hair, but that is in maintanance of the current colour.

I actually don't plan on a trim until June at the earliest.:eyebrows:

arabidbutterfly
March 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I won't do anything. I am so indecisive about my virgin hair that I can't even bring myself to henna. I can't s and d either, because I can't see the ends yet.

MimiKeki
March 16th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Here here! I also promise not to give in to urges/boredom to have my hair cut or coloured. Instead, I will try hard to remember what the regret of doing so feels like.
I want to be at least waist-length by this time next year.

punky
March 16th, 2009, 07:31 PM
You can count me in too! No cutting. I wish my hair would grow as fast as the grass in my yard.:D