View Full Version : A good hair day

themostsilly
April 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM
So on Sunday night I tried my first EO overnight oil treatment. I put in on pretty heavy, and then washed on Monday morning, using also my first ACV rinse as a final rinse. My hair did not look so great, the hair felt heavy and kind of oiling and not very soft, so I was a little upset. Last night I decided to try another treatment hoping the outcome would be better. So I mixed together my version of a SMT, using 4 parts conditioner, 1 part AVG, 1/2 part honey,1/2 coconut oil, and a few drops of my EO olive oil mix. Applied heavily to all my hair and scalp, and put a shower cap on and went to bed. I washed it out this morning, conditioned the length after shampoo, and used an ACV rinse as a final rinse. WOW my hair is so soft, smooth, and very shiny. It feels very light and flowly, I love it. I also noticed my natural highlights seem to stand out more. I am so pleased, it definetly lightened my stress load from everything that is going on this week.
I think from now on I will only lightly oil overnight with the EO mix for my scalp, and alternate with the smt overnight.
Anyone else had a really great hair day that was out of the ordinary, and/or used a new treatment they LOVED, please share the happiness.
It so amazing how mush a good hair day can raise you mood,or at least mine.

Islandgrrl
April 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
Well, maybe this qualifies as a good hair day. My hair for the last little while has been staticky and flyaway and sticking to my face (the fringe part that is stubborn about not staying up) and generally making me a little insane.

I did a CO yesterday morning with some Nature's Gate stuff I've never used before. I damp bunned and left it that way all day yesterday, took it down last night and combed it, then put it back up into 3 little slightly damp buns to sleep in.

I swear if I were not doing the Hair Up for a Year Challenge, I'd be wearing it down today. The bun waves are STUNNING and my hair is super soft and bouncy and wonderful. It even smells nice!

Anje
April 1st, 2008, 12:47 PM
Congrats on the good results! For the record, you should know that the honey in the SMT can lighten hair unless the mixture is heated enough to kill the enzymes in it. So it's entirely possible that it has added to your highlights as well as bringing them out more.