PDA

View Full Version : The Stall Support Group

florenonite
March 15th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to create a support thread for those who are going through a stall. I've been at 26.5" since I measured sometime mid-January. I've been eating reasonably healthy (though I could do better), I shouldn't be at terminal already, and I'm not at a false terminal, so it's getting frustrating. I was hoping to be at waist (29") by the beginning of the summer, but that won't happen now :(

Is there anyone else out there like me at the moment?

KaeleyAnne
March 15th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Good luck overcoming your stall. It's possible that you'll have a spring "growth spurt" that will allow you to reach waist by summertime.

florenonite
March 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Good luck overcoming your stall. It's possible that you'll have a spring "growth spurt" that will allow you to reach waist by summertime.

Ooh, I hope so. I generally just have a growth spurt over the summer, though.

RancheroTheBee
March 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I'm going through more of a slow at 1/3rd of an inch a month since December. Ughn.

Pierre
March 15th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I've been stuck at the same length, when measured to the longest strand, for over a year. The thickness near the end is increasing, and the amount of S&D I have to do is decreasing. So I think I'll be out of the stall soon.

mira-chan
March 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM
No change in my hair since early to mid summer. It grew a grad total of just under a half inch after an inch to inch and half trim, earlier in the winter, nothing since. I might be close to terminal or false terminal (ponytail and shampoo damage). I'm not even sure if any thickness is moving down, nothing very noticeable anyway.

amaiaisabella
March 15th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Thank you for starting this thread :) I've been stuck at 19.5" since January and am very frustrated. The overall condition of my hair has greatly improved the past year, but growth has been very slow, and I keep finding split and broken ends that I'm afraid have prohibited my growth :(

Fee
March 15th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I needed this :) I stopped measuring my hair for this reason, I've been a couple of months at 32", I did have some trims a while ago..but still I can't seem to pass this length :( I'm scared I hit terminal, which would be awful because I want classic length.

florenonite
March 16th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I needed this :) I stopped measuring my hair for this reason, I've been a couple of months at 32", I did have some trims a while ago..but still I can't seem to pass this length :( I'm scared I hit terminal, which would be awful because I want classic length.

Me too, I want hip-length, which is 33", but I'm scared that this might be my terminal, especially as my fringe has been growing (albeit really slowly).

jera
March 16th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to create a support thread for those who are going through a stall. I've been at 26.5" since I measured sometime mid-January. I've been eating reasonably healthy (though I could do better), I shouldn't be at terminal already, and I'm not at a false terminal, so it's getting frustrating. I was hoping to be at waist (29") by the beginning of the summer, but that won't happen now :(

I stall during cold weather months because where I live most winters are frigid. :rolleyes: But my hair more than makes up for it. ince joining LHC last year, my hair stalls are not nearly as bad. Hair responds to support.

mira-chan
March 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Me too, I want hip-length, which is 33", but I'm scared that this might be my terminal, especially as my fringe has been growing (albeit really slowly).
Your ends are quite thick, no fairy tailing. So I doubt it's a terminal. There'd have to be at least a couple of inches of taper, if you trimmed it off, the taper would grow back. Yours is probably taking a rest for a bit. :flower:

I guess I'm lucky I got to classic before stalling. It also means I'm more likely to be at or close to terminal though. I do have the required taper, more than enough of it.:(

Charli800
March 16th, 2009, 04:01 PM
The fist time I measured my hair was in January and it hasn't changed since then, so count me in. It can't be terminal either, because I don't have even a hint of taper.
Everything I've changed since LHC doesn't seem to make my hair grow :( It is 'happier' though. (And I can't even blame it on winter down here.)

Question: could the wrong products cause hair to stall without (obvious) damage? Sort of like the opposite of Monistat/Megatek etc?

florenonite
March 17th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Your ends are quite thick, no fairy tailing. So I doubt it's a terminal. There'd have to be at least a couple of inches of taper, if you trimmed it off, the taper would grow back. Yours is probably taking a rest for a bit. :flower:

I guess I'm lucky I got to classic before stalling. It also means I'm more likely to be at or close to terminal though. I do have the required taper, more than enough of it.:(

Yay, I'm not a terminal :D

I'm sorry you're so close, though :( How long do you want to grow?

SpecialKitty
March 17th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I was stalled at 20" for several months due to severe anemia. The problem is now corrected, my iron is returning, and I grew 1" last month! :cheese: Actually, my growth rate has always been extremely slow - maybe 3" a year at most, and I've always been anemic. I'm hoping that now the problem is solved, that I will have a normal growth rate. Only time will tell. I'm so used to having slow or no growth, that I won't be too terribly disappointed if I stall again.

amaiaisabella
March 17th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I am getting so frustrated. I wouldn't necessarily mind a stall because I am loving my color and condition of my hair right now, but it's at a really awkward length. It's not long, it's not short, and it hangs oddly. When it's longer, my hair gets wavier, which I'm looking forward to, but I do miss the short swinginess :( I am going to try the recipe for growth that has garlic, because I have been stalled here for months and am getting really frustrated.

mira-chan
March 17th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Yay, I'm not a terminal :D

I'm sorry you're so close, though :( How long do you want to grow?
I'm fine with the length, as I am at my goal length, which is nice. I'm just annoyed that it's not growing at all and I would have liked to reduce the taper at least in half because it's a bit too much. Maybe the thickness will catch up eventually.

It would have been fun to get to mid thigh or knee but if I'm at terminal then oh well.

Leisje
March 17th, 2009, 11:15 AM
My hair seems to be growing quite slowly the last few months. I'm hoping its just waiting for spring to give me a grand growth-spurt. Le sigh.

But in the meantime its been nice babying my length, and making it stronger. Though I sure do wish it were growing!
Perhaps I ought to start taking my vitamins more regularly. Hmm...

s_tresses
March 21st, 2009, 10:15 AM
I never noticed it before but after joining LHC i realized that I have had these layers from a very long time and I cut them around 5 years ago. I mean whenever I got a trim, I trimmed them a little bit too but lately I have been feeling like the layers are just at the same length as they've always been and my hair just doesnt seem to grow. urghh and whenever it doesnt grow I always have the urge to get it trimmed (I used to believe in that trim it to let it grow myth)

nowxisxforever
March 21st, 2009, 02:19 PM
Perhaps start in on the vitamin regimen? It's to my understanding that even if you were at terminal, MSM can help lengthen the growth cycle and thus help you get past 'terminal', possibly, by a little at least...

mira-chan
March 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Perhaps start in on the vitamin regimen? It's to my understanding that even if you were at terminal, MSM can help lengthen the growth cycle and thus help you get past 'terminal', possibly, by a little at least...
It is possible. Though I have been taking MSM for 2+ years and it's doing nothing for my hair, nice for joints though. Biotin can help growth too, unless you get nasty side effects from it like I do.

MasCat
May 30th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Oh, stall support group :) Perfect ;)

Hi! I'm MasCat (hello MasCat) and I have reached a stall. It's been two months and the stupid hair stopped growing. I need a hug ;)

Silverbrumby
May 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Oh, stall support group :) Perfect ;)

Hi! I'm MasCat (hello MasCat) and I have reached a stall. It's been two months and the stupid hair stopped growing. I need a hug ;)

Hugs.

I'm stalled at 23.75 for some reason. It will grow I'm sure as I was 26 inches then chopped off 3 inches on March 13th

It's possible my terminal is around 28 inches.

Pumpkin3826
April 3rd, 2018, 07:18 AM
I hate when you come across a thread that is perfect for what you are going through but then you see it has been inactive for a while.. oh well. Lol.

I think I might be at a stall. I used to think my hair grew quick, so I decided that January 2018 I would start taking monthly measurements. I am now thinking that was a bad idea.. Now I am obsessing more then usual. I am growing out blunt bangs, so I measure those and then the overall length as well. The first month I had .5 inch growth but now I have been at the same overall length for the last 2 months, my bangs have grown about 1/4 inch since the beginning of March. I hate when you see you have not gained much length it is so discouraging. My overall length is 38 Inches. I would say I am between BCL and TBL. I hope when the warmer weather comes I will be able to make up for the colder months. I live in Northern America where it is cold about 8-9 months out of the year.. :rolleyes:

Jas
April 3rd, 2018, 11:48 AM
Monthly measurements definitely managed to make me feel crazy, I'm now forcing myself to do three monthly ones and three monthly pics. I was growing 2cm per month for a good while then in December to now it's just slowed right down - drove me batty, I even reverted to old habits and did a 0.5 inch trim to encourage it to grow! lol.

I'm in the same boat, had a 1cm growth since January. WTH hair? I really hope summer brings growth again - just wish I could magically forget about it!

nycelle
April 3rd, 2018, 12:18 PM
Right there with you guys.

Joined first week of Feb. and I measured in at 25.5" now it's 26". Two months and 1/2"??? I also don't know how long I was at 25.5" so I'm guessing it's actually longer than two months. That's pretty slow.

Dark40
April 7th, 2018, 04:39 PM

I'm stalling also! The last time I've measured was last September at Waist Length, and I'm still there at Waist Length. Haven't grown anything more since then, and I've had a couple of trims of 2cm at 2 different times. One trim of a 1cm in November, and another one in February. I am also wanting to grow my hair to Classic or longer too! I don't think I have reached terminal. I might be just going through a resting phase. Hopefully, during this spring and summer I will go through a growing "spurt."

vpatt
April 8th, 2018, 05:14 AM
Count me in the stall group. Plus now I'm having a major shed, ergh!! And I don't know what to say about measuring. If I measure 3 times in a row I can get three different results. So it "seems" I have grown about one inch since the first of the year, but nothing during March. Then I began thinking my hair feels a tiny bit longer, but not according to the tape measure. I noticed very little growth since last spring or summer. The whole thing makes me crazier than normal.
:?

Zwaluw
April 11th, 2018, 02:29 AM
I've stalled, or at least I very much hope I have, before classic! My hair is jussst reaching the end of my butt and that's already long but I'm so bummed!