PDA

View Full Version : Anti-widow's peak/Anti-balding.

RancheroTheBee
March 15th, 2009, 12:49 PM
My hair line is beginning to get rather screwy. I never noticed any hair loss around the hair line on my forehead, but now I'm noticing that I'm growing extra hair. I didn't believe it at first, but my hair line is now about 1/8th of an inch closer to my eyebrows, and it's growing back in patches. At first, I just had an extra couple of hairs growing past the hair line, and now it's gotten so plentiful that it's created a sort of anti widow's peak (it sort of goes in at the centre, as opposed to out).

Uh, what the hell is going on? I'm not really doing anything special to my hair as of late, aside from cutting out heat styling. Could heat styling have caused some hair loss, and now it's coming back?

For the record, I'm not worried or anything, it just seems really weird to me. Has this happened to any one else?

ETA: In any other situation, I would provide pictures. That said, I colored my hair last month, and now there's half an inch of glowy blonde roots which, in my experience, don't show up with digital photography. I am, however, working on a diagram.

jera
March 15th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I don't think that could be the result of heat syling. :confused: Could it be those whispy fine hairline hairs have thickened up recently and have darkened due to all the good habits you've been adopting here? :p

RancheroTheBee
March 15th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, maybe. Before, I was coloring frequently, heat-styling constantly, sometimes neglecting to condition, ripping through it with a brush, never trimming, etc. I can't complain, I guess. I think I'm going to try to even up the line with Monistat, though, which I just started using. (I don't think the MN has anything to do with the hair growing back; my hairline has been getting bigger for a few months now.)

DragonLady
March 15th, 2009, 01:38 PM
My hair line is beginning to get rather screwy. I never noticed any hair loss around the hair line on my forehead, but now I'm noticing that I'm growing extra hair. I didn't believe it at first, but my hair line is now about 1/8th of an inch closer to my eyebrows, and it's growing back in patches. At first, I just had an extra couple of hairs growing past the hair line, and now it's gotten so plentiful that it's created a sort of anti widow's peak (it sort of goes in at the centre, as opposed to out).

The same thing is happening to me. I noticed it about three weeks ago, and was trying to figure out if it's hair falling out, or hair growing in. And I think it's growing in. I think it might be the Monistat. Like you, it's kinda patchy and my hairline isn't a line anymore. I've been hiding by pulling my hair to the side to cover it.

RancheroTheBee
March 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
The same thing is happening to me. I noticed it about three weeks ago, and was trying to figure out if it's hair falling out, or hair growing in. And I think it's growing in. I think it might be the Monistat. Like you, it's kinda patchy and my hairline isn't a line anymore. I've been hiding by pulling my hair to the side to cover it.

Haha. I just started using Monistat. Great, now my hair line will be even weirder. Hurray! Confused Knights in the Order of the Iffy Hair Lines!

HoneyMouse
March 15th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I'm trying to remember what era it was when high foreheads were aspired to to the length that women shaved their foreheads to get the look

RancheroTheBee
March 15th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I'm trying to remember what era it was when high foreheads were aspired to to the length that women shaved their foreheads to get the look

Approximately 15th century, mostly in Italy. They actually plucked them. I think there was a brief resurgence of the trend during the Elizabethan era, as well.

Silverlox
March 15th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Heat styling is especially hard on the little fuzzy baby hairs you usually have in the small border area around your hair line between where you have no hair and where your "real" hair stars.

How does the new growth look? Is it little, thin baby hairs or more like "regular" hair?

It could simply be a regrowth of the baby hair you've previously killed off with heat styling and chemicals. :shrug:

ETA: I also use monistat, mainly to keep shedding at bay. But it hasn't given me any growth in previously "bald" places. Perhaps because my hair was already virgin and I didn't have any bald patches where there "should" have been hair?

RancheroTheBee
March 15th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Heat styling is especially hard on the little fuzzy baby hairs you usually have in the small border area around your hair line between where you have no hair and where your "real" hair stars.

How does the new growth look? Is it little, thin baby hairs or more like "regular" hair?

It could simply be a regrowth of the baby hair you've previously killed off with heat styling and chemicals. :shrug:

ETA: I also use monistat, mainly to keep shedding at bay. But it hasn't given me any growth in previously "bald" places. Perhaps because my hair was already virgin and I didn't have any bald patches where there "should" have been hair?

They look like regular hairs, but they're shorter and tapered.

enfys
March 15th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Whatever you do don't try and change it! I learnt the hard way even baby hairs are stubborn little buggers. Now I just leave them knowing as they spread that one day my face will be consumed with millions of baby blonde fine hairs 2 inckes long. We can be freaks together.

RancheroTheBee
March 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Whatever you do don't try and change it! I learnt the hard way even baby hairs are stubborn little buggers. Now I just leave them knowing as they spread that one day my face will be consumed with millions of baby blonde fine hairs 2 inckes long. We can be freaks together.

Lycanthropes, unite! :eek:

HoneyMouse
March 15th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Approximately 15th century, mostly in Italy. They actually plucked them. I think there was a brief resurgence of the trend during the Elizabethan era, as well.

Ta I was thinking about 15th but I didn't have the time to remember

enfys
March 15th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Yep it was Elizabethan too, look at Elizabeth I in paintings. There were some pretty worrying/unusual beauty trends then...

Kirin
March 15th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I'd attribute this to the chemical coloring, and stopping doing it. Within six months of stopping chemical coloring at all, all of a sudden i had hair growth in my temples, and not evenly. These "baby hairs" are now four inches long, and I've gotten more thats filled in. Its not just my front hair line either, also the back.

~GypsyCurls~
March 16th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Hurray! Confused Knights in the Order of the Iffy Hair Lines!

LOL! I started growing extra curls at the hairline, I think because of using MN. Though, I don't use it anymore just because of laziness really. I have a small, wayward curl now though, it looks kinda weird!

TessieAnn
March 16th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Any change in hormones? Starting or stopping birth control?

Later in life drops in hormones cause hair growth on the face, but you're too young for that!

Juneii
March 16th, 2009, 11:18 PM
you're turning into Godzilla! :D

ahaha ahem, it seems your good habits are finally allowing your hair to grow out. the hair I lost at my part is growing back too, it's like I have this gigantic cowlick on the side of my face, it's a bit odd.
congrats! you now have healthy hair!