PDA

View Full Version : What's the colour of my hair?

Phalaenopsis
March 15th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I want to hear it once and for all. What is the colour of my hair?

I'm tired of thinking about it, always going back and forth. Not feeling as a real blonde but also not feeling as real brunette.

Two shots of my hair in daylight without any sun (it's a cloudy day)

Clickable thumbnails

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/naturalgirl/th_blondeharenvanmij.jpg (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/naturalgirl/?action=view&current=blondeharenvanmij.jpg)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/naturalgirl/th_blondeharenvanmij2.jpg (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/naturalgirl/?action=view&current=blondeharenvanmij2.jpg)

It would be ever so kind to help me out here, because I'm going crazy. :pray:

Speckla
March 15th, 2009, 09:06 AM
light brown/dark blonde?
________
BUY NO2 VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/no2-vaporizer.html)

eadwine
March 15th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I'd say the same.

My dad even calls my hair blonde, so don't ask him :lol:

Naava
March 15th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I would call it dark ashy blonde :)

MsBubbles
March 15th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I'd say light to medium brown. But that's on my computer monitor where I can't get the brightness/contrast right.

FreakyGreenEyes
March 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Dark blonde to very light brown...I love your hair color.

Speckla
March 15th, 2009, 09:21 AM
very pretty?
________
Toyota Paseo (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Paseo)

serious
March 15th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Beautiful ashy blonde.

LutraLutra
March 15th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Warm ash blonde, if there's such a thing. :D

spidermom
March 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM
It's a shade of blonde.

Dientje
March 15th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I'd say it's dark ash blonde.

Maybe over time it will darken to light brown, I know mine did *sigh*...

aisling
March 15th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Dark blonde, I have a very similar colour, perhaps a little more golden. In this weather my hair also looks almost ashy but in the summer and in sunshine, those golden tones come out. Is your hair like that as well?

SimplyLonghair
March 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
After looking at your pics and at many pics of color charts the color that they list it as is ash blonde with platinum highlights. Platinum is not the pure white that many people think of but is a "silver" type of color like the metal.

I think that the color that you have is very lovely!:D

kali_shey
March 15th, 2009, 11:00 AM

Ditto. And it's a very pretty color regardless of what it's called :)

patissegrietje
March 15th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I'd call it dark blonde too, it's a beautiful colour! :flowers:

Hairizona
March 15th, 2009, 11:15 AM
The same as my younger sister's- tarnished silver....Quite a beautiful color!

Brat
March 15th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I vote for dark blonde.

Rohele
March 15th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Like many others, I would say dark ashy blonde. It looks to light coloured (on my monitor at least) to be brown.

Whatever you call it, its a very pretty colour.

Anje
March 15th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I'd call your hair a medium to dark blond. On my monitor, it looks more like a silvery sort of blond than a golden blond, if I can apply the word silver to hair that doesn't look like it's turning gray/white.

RancheroTheBee
March 15th, 2009, 12:34 PM
A sort of metallic ash blonde. It's really cool, actually. It kind of makes you look like some sort of comic book character. But one of the cool ones.

Reptilia
March 15th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Dark ash blonde

Firefly
March 15th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Another vote for blonde (and very pretty hair, too!)

Katze
March 15th, 2009, 01:07 PM
med to dark ash blonde. And lovely!

DragonLady
March 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Officially: ash blonde

Unofficially: whatever you'd like :)

Caramel taffy?
Butter Pecan ice cream?
Pastel Sienna?

Come up with your own, and love it. :)

lapushka
March 15th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I'd say it's a light/medium ash blonde. If you Google hair dyes or wigs, you'll see. ;)

Silverlox
March 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Somewhere in the medium to dark blonde range. Not dark or brown enough to be called brown. Perhaps a stupid question, but what does your passport say?

Possible names on your kind of blonde, apart from Medium or Dark Blonde:

Honey blonde
Hair coloured hair
Toffee blonde

It seems to me that a lot of people tend to forget that there are many different kinds of blonde. Not just the very light blonde many think about when you say the word "blonde". There are also many medium and dark blondes. It's a sliding scale. Especially in Northern Europe.

How does your hair look in sunlight? Or just after the summer with natural highlights?

Your colour is very common in both Denmark and Sweden, probably in Norway too. It's basically the grown-up darkened version of the light blonde kids.

Ryanne
March 15th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I'd say dark blonde.

freznow
March 15th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I'd say the same.

My dad even calls my hair blonde, so don't ask him :lol:

Same with my mom! Maybe when I was 5 I had blondeish hair, but certainly not now.

very pretty?

I agree!

Aicha
March 15th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'd say dark blonde.

I love your hairstyle in your signature photo! Could you share instructions for how to do that? It looks challenging!

spidermom
March 15th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I don't think it looks dark at all, more of a mid-range ash blonde color. I like it a lot. There's definitely no brown.

rach
March 15th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Dark blonde, my friends got the same colour and is forever trying to hide it with dyes "sigh" . really refreshing seeing that colour in full, looks really lovely and natural. love the braiding pic (signature pic) if i'm correct with braiding being the correct term?

jojo
March 15th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I thinks its lighter than a dark blond reminds of a mink colour, quite beautiful.

gibsongirl71
March 15th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Lovely ashy blond, very pretty.

Tangles
March 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Blonde. I LOVE the cool tone of it... it's very fairy-like.

WritingPrincess
March 15th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Ah. You have the elusive "Hair Colored Hair"! I love that color. I would say dark blonde.

spf4214
March 15th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Your hair colour is very beautiful. I would call it an ash blonde.

coppercurls
March 15th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I would have to go with a ash blond. Your hair is very beautiful!:)

adiapalic
March 15th, 2009, 09:34 PM
My sister's haircolor was the same when she was around 13-14. We always called it "dirty blonde" because of the variety of blonde/light brown streaks. Overall it was more blonde though. Her hair is now a light brown with no streaks.

Beloved
March 16th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Medium blonde.

Forest
March 16th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Looks to me like a real blonde, as the others said medium/dark/ash or something might apply as well, but definetly blonde. Since I am Scandinavian I consider myself an authority on this. :D

K_Angel
March 16th, 2009, 02:38 AM
On my monitor, it looks dark ash blond :)

Chrissy
March 16th, 2009, 06:02 AM

I was going to say ash blonde also.

Phalaenopsis
March 16th, 2009, 12:25 PM
very pretty?

:D That's cute.

Dark blonde, I have a very similar colour, perhaps a little more golden. In this weather my hair also looks almost ashy but in the summer and in sunshine, those golden tones come out. Is your hair like that as well?

My hair always has golden tones in it, but indeed in the summer when the sun shines upon my hair, it's a real glow, more than other times

A sort of metallic ash blonde. It's really cool, actually. It kind of makes you look like some sort of comic book character. But one of the cool ones.

I've never heard of such thing. But I think it's one of the coolest compliments I've ever had :)

Officially: ash blonde

Unofficially: whatever you'd like :)

Caramel taffy?
Butter Pecan ice cream?
Pastel Sienna?

Come up with your own, and love it. :)

Caramel taffy really sounds yummy :D

Looks to me like a real blonde, as the others said medium/dark/ash or something might apply as well, but definetly blonde. Since I am Scandinavian I consider myself an authority on this. :D

But ofcourse, I wouldn't dare to doubt your authority! :bowtome:

And everyone else, thank you so much for your replies! And also thanks for all the compliments, that wasn't necessary, but very very sweet though :o

So, may I officially call myself blonde-approved by LHC? :brainbleach: :p

Katze
March 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM

You are most definitely blonde. No question whatsoever. :)

Fayejay
March 16th, 2009, 05:25 PM
My two daughters have the same hair color (at least on my computer) and I always describe their hair color as dark honey blond. I see some ash in yours and its a lovely shade.

xunnie
March 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I'm constantly lightening my hair but I think I might grow it out, it's the same shade as yours I believe...and seeing yours made me love it again! I think it's a dark ash blonde.

Darian Moone
March 16th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Looks like a lovely ash blonde with a few lighter strands scattered throughout. Very pretty. :flower:

LadyEliza
March 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM
My vote is for ash blond :)

shayly-fyanna
March 16th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I agree a dark blonde/light ash blonde. beautiful color.

Feye
March 17th, 2009, 12:54 PM
To me, that is a good pic of a medium blonde!
If you go to a store and look at dark blonde bottles, they are usually much darker, almost brown.

harpgal
March 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM
So, may I officially call myself blonde-approved by LHC? ...:agree:...and very lovely.

Jim
March 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM
My dad would have called it "dishwater blonde". So, just to be sure I wasn't being insulting, I checked on Wikipedia. Can anyone imagine a subject that isn't covered by a Wiki? Anyway, under the topic of Blond they have some pictures, one of which is dark blond or dishwater blond. Looks like yours, so that's my vote. Is Wikipedia official enough for you?

Jim

birthmarkie
March 17th, 2009, 01:52 PM
It's a beautiful, rich blond. To me it's "dirty blond" but I apologize if that is insulting. I didn't come up with that term.

Demetrue
March 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Another vote for dark ash blonde.

Feline
March 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM

My hair is also like this. I usually call it light ashy brown, though. Doesn't help that it is lighter at the ends than at the roots. "Light ashy brown" is sort of an average, if that makes any sense. FTR, My hair actually was real blonde when I was very young (I have a lock of hair, family stories and pictures to prove it), but it darkened by the time I was old enough for school.

skay
March 17th, 2009, 11:15 PM
<snip>

Yup, I'd say blonde. Perhaps a medium or ash blonde.

Or a blonde with warm tones. :)

JessicaVonMaim
March 17th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I would say ash blonde as well, it's a very pretty color :)

Zindell
March 18th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Ash Blonde. Very pretty!

I can't stop looking at it actually. Your hair is silver metallic with some nougat in it. :p

trollkjerring
March 18th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I would call it a medium ash blond. It looks almost like silver to me, very pretty.

My hairdresser even called my haircolor medium blond but to me it looks more like medium brown; this haircolor typing is not easy:D

Katze
March 18th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I would call it a medium ash blond. It looks almost like silver to me, very pretty.

My hairdresser even called my haircolor medium blond but to me it looks more like medium brown; this haircolor typing is not easy:D

Trollkjerring, we have almost the same hair color. I think of mine as blonde, but maybe because I was blonde until I was a teenager and still have blonde eyebrows?

Yeah, I don't see anything "dark blonde" about her haircolor. Dark blonde is more like mine (in my "blonder" pics, see pregnant pics in album) or Spidermom or someone...honey, winter wheat, etc.

The OP's hair looks light enough that it would be blonde in all lightings and situations, whereas mine, "dark blonde/light brown", isn't. In fact, her hair is the color I was always trying to go for (and failing) in my years of bleaching and dyeing my hair.

Oh, BTW, ash refers to the silver/drabber shades of blonde, NOT to darkness/lightness.

Blonde is also VERY subjective. To my family, I am and will always be "the blonde one." Here in Northern Germany, people laugh if I say I'm blonde. Yet BF is also sometimes considered blonde, because he has natural platinum/light ash blonde streaks in the front of his hair. Weird....

trollkjerring
March 18th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Katze, I am proud to have the same haircolor as you cause your hair looks so great.

And here in Southern Germany people also laugh about me when I call my hair blond:D

Honestwitness
March 18th, 2009, 08:20 PM
How about calling it "oaken fawn"? I think that sounds romantic, to match the romance of your haircolor.

Honestwitness