PDA

View Full Version : youtube hair vid-fairytale vs blunt

pdy2kn6
March 15th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Theres a video i was watching on youtube with contestants with very long hair in romania. On the clip below, there are 4 contestants, but i think the two which stand out are the one with brown blunt cut floor length hair and the blonde hair lady with about knee length fairytale hair. This clip always makes me unsure whether i want a blunt hemline or a fairytale one. The brown hair ladies mane is so blunt and thick, which leads me to love the idea of that style, however for some reason the fairytale lady with blonde hair just looks amazing. Its so wispy and moves lightly everytime she moves her head. Which one do you guys prefer? The blonde also has a really good style, i wish i knew how to make that style using a barreis i think she is using..Anyone know?? :cheese:

sorry i forgot the video link, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c39ojQRmTlo&feature=channel_page

minkstole
March 15th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Sorry, but where´s the video?

pdy2kn6
March 15th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Sorry, but where´s the video?

im sorry, i forgot to add it. heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c39ojQRmTlo&feature=channel_page

minkstole
March 15th, 2009, 07:43 AM
It´s stalling on me at the moment. Probably too many viewers;) I´ll look at it later.

MsBubbles
March 15th, 2009, 08:21 AM
The light-brown, blunt cut down to her feet hair looks better than the blonde fairy tale ends to me. Absolutely amazing hair that mine would never look like in a million years :)

aisling
March 15th, 2009, 09:56 AM
What is a barraeis? Do you mean Baerreis, one of many makers of hairforks?

The blonde lady is using a stick slide and I assume the slide part is made of leather, looks like that. It's not a fork.

Dientje
March 15th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I prefer the blunt cut. That lady could hide herself in her hair!

harpgal
March 15th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Because it is much more difficult to achieve the length and fullness at the hemline that the gal with the honey colored has, I would vote for her tresses in a heartbeat. The gal with bleached knee-length hair that is thinned out, looks damaged to me and not as impressive.

thankyousir74
March 15th, 2009, 10:10 AM
This video is stalling on me as well. I guess I'll check it out later but from the still, I can tell it looks interesting.

Forever_Sophie
March 15th, 2009, 10:18 AM
The brunette's hair, definitely.

JessTheMess
March 15th, 2009, 10:21 AM
ohh there is no sound, but their hair is just lovely!!! It makes me want to go way beyond my initial goal

pdy2kn6
March 15th, 2009, 03:14 PM
What is a barraeis? Do you mean Baerreis, one of many makers of hairforks?

The blonde lady is using a stick slide and I assume the slide part is made of leather, looks like that. It's not a fork.

yeah, i meant barreis, sorry, im not a great speller!!! are stickl slides and barreis similar? shes got a really great quiff formed as well somehow, using her long hair

s_tresses
March 15th, 2009, 03:19 PM
i'd vote for the blunt

manderly
March 15th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Call me crazy......I didn't like the blunt one. :shrug:

pdy2kn6
March 15th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Call me crazy......I didn't like the blunt one. :shrug:

i was drawn to the blunt ones hair length and thickness, but i have to admit i wasnt a massive fan of the overall style. it sort of looked like a cape. i love the wispiness of the blondie

enfys
March 15th, 2009, 04:15 PM
The stupid video won't play for me but based on 1sec in to it I'd agree that the brunette had cape hair. Which I wasn't keen on. Would I trade in a second? Too right!

Jim
March 16th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I vote for the blunt cut. The lady in the video has an outstanding head of hair, very beautiful. Apart from that, I always feel a blunt cut makes the hair look healthier and longer.

But, that's just my opinion. Whenever I say that, I am reminded of a friend who used to say to me: "you are entitled to your opinion, I just don't care what it is". It still makes me laugh.

Jim

JamieLeigh
March 16th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I'd vote for the blunt as well. It just looks more impressive that there is so much thickness at such a long length! :D That's what I'm shooting for if I ever make it to super-long lengths again...blunt and thick.

marajade
March 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM
The brunette reminded me of Dr. Quinn!!!!!! I think its the eyebrows and how she pulled her hair up!

pdy2kn6
March 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM
The gal with bleached knee-length hair that is thinned out, looks damaged to me and not as impressive.

did you think it was bleached blonde? i thought it may have been natural blondeness? but yeah it did look particularly tapering at the bottom

MimiKeki
March 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I gotta say, I love the blunt hair. I just love the way she wraps it around her neck like a scarf, it's so beautiful. Wish I had hair like that!

punkgirl89
March 16th, 2009, 03:01 PM
The girl with the blunt cut could use her hair as a cloak...so envious. I could never get my hair that thick!

aisling
March 17th, 2009, 02:35 AM
yeah, i meant barreis, sorry, im not a great speller!!! are stickl slides and barreis similar? shes got a really great quiff formed as well somehow, using her long hair

Forks and stick slides are two different tools.