PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner Bars

LittleOrca
March 14th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I have seen people talk about shampoo bars and it got me wondering about conditioner bars. I looked some up and I saw them for sale at different places online as well as a Lush store near here. I was not sure though how well they worked on really long hair (tailbone length). Do any of you lovely ladies or gentlemen use a conditioner bar as well and if so do you 1) go through one quickly with your hair and 2) do you recommend it?

CaityBear
March 14th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I hate the LUSH one. My mom and I are travelling to Europe in just under a month so I figured we'd try the conditioner bar because we're going to be taking shampoo bars...but I hate it! I don't find it does anything. I like my conditioners a bit creamier. lol

andrea1982
March 14th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I've used the lush one.. it's okay... It smells great and conditions okay (for cone free) but it has SLS in it.

kwaniesiam
March 14th, 2009, 11:19 PM
SLS in a conditioner? That sounds odd, usually its used as a cleanser.

I've never heard of conditioner bars though my hair adores shampoo bars recently. Wouldn't conditioner bars basically be a bar of oils? I'm rather confused by the concept, since I know shampoo bars are basically natural soaps made of fat, lye, and oils, but that produces a cleansing result.

It would be interesting to try though. Got any links LittleOrca? I rarely use conditioner anymore since I don't need it both at my length and with the shampoo bars, but the times I do it would be really convenient to switch my wash routine over to all solids. I'm clumsy plus can't wear glasses in the shower obviously and always spill my conditioner :o

LittleOrca
March 15th, 2009, 12:28 AM
It would be interesting to try though. Got any links LittleOrca? I rarely use conditioner anymore since I don't need it both at my length and with the shampoo bars, but the times I do it would be really convenient to switch my wash routine over to all solids. I'm clumsy plus can't wear glasses in the shower obviously and always spill my conditioner :o

The only ones I saw were at Lush (http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/hair/conditioners/jungle) and Etsy (http://www.bathandbodycare.com/page/natural-hair-care-products). They are both expensive for how little you get.

I do prefer my conditioners in a liquid form, and thankfully I can recycle the bottles they come in where I live, but I had wondered what people thought of them. :)

kdaniels8811
March 15th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Soap Lady in Oregon has a new conditioning bar that I bought along with the poo bar (rosemary). It works just fine, I used it for traveling to cut down on liquids and am happy with the results. Website is here - www.soap-lady.com.

neon-dream
March 15th, 2009, 07:46 AM
My sister used JUNGLE from lush.
Ive never been brave enough to try it. But, I plan on travelling soon so it would be useful if they work for me! I might get one tomorrow :)

kdaniels8811
March 15th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I was NOT impressed with Lush bars, sad to say. Thier marketing is terrific but the Godiva and Gentle Lentil did nothing for my hair at all. I ended up using them for body soap to get rid of them. Not a slam on Lush, they just did not work for my hair and were expensive, to boot.

MommaRalph
March 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM
At LUSH they will admit to you that Jungle is a light conditioner. Not enough for me. And I think it is a love it or hate it smell! ;) LUSH's Retread is a nice, triple strength conditioner - it's in a tub so you scoop out what you need.

LUSH will give you free samples though so you can try for yourself!

Valerie

renarok
March 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I'm curious about this too. I just bought a tiny sliver of Jungle from LUSH yesterday. It does smell nice. The main ingredient is coconut oil.

I have used the Lush shampoo bars in the past and the only one I like is Hybrid, it smells like licorice. I really only like to use it on my scalp though. I have tried many CV soaps and never really found one I liked.

CopperHead
March 15th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I use the Lush Jungle and love it! I use it after my Dairy Whip and it works great. I love the scent too. I also have the Fig treatment bars from Soap Lady and they are a little more conditioning in my opinion.

Neoma
March 15th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Soap Lady in Oregon has a new conditioning bar that I bought along with the poo bar (rosemary). It works just fine, I used it for traveling to cut down on liquids and am happy with the results. Website is here - www.soap-lady.com (http://www.soap-lady.com).

I use the Lush Jungle and love it! I use it after my Dairy Whip and it works great. I love the scent too. I also have the Fig treatment bars from Soap Lady and they are a little more conditioning in my opinion.
Just to illustrate that products can work very differently on varying hair types, I tried the SLO conditioner bar and I hated it. It didn't assist in detangling my very tangle-prone, baby fine hair at all. I need slip and lots of it.

cobblersmaid
March 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I hate Jungle so much. It was probably the worst thing I have ever used in my hair. Personally, I would skip it.

rhosyn_du
March 15th, 2009, 04:34 PM
My favorite conditioner bar is from SylvieL on Etsy. It's very conditioning while being lightweight, it gives really nice slip, and the bar I got lasted forever. I've also tried the SLO bar, but I wasn't terribly impressed; not enough moisture for my super-thirsty hair.

Neoma
March 15th, 2009, 05:14 PM
My favorite conditioner bar is from SylvieL on Etsy. It's very conditioning while being lightweight, it gives really nice slip, and the bar I got lasted forever. I've also tried the SLO bar, but I wasn't terribly impressed; not enough moisture for my super-thirsty hair.
Oh, goody. Now I'm off to check out this seller's conditioner bar.