PDA

View Full Version : Highlights done today

atlantaz3
March 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
:drama: I waited out the two week rule and then some. I read all the highlight threads I could find and gave in. I'm happy with my highlights and hope I haven't wrecked my hair. My stylist did color instead of bleach. She told me she only took my hair down 3-4 levels on the highlights. She did full head and very fine weaving on the foil sections. I did several sample updos for how I wear my hair - she also left a thin section across the front un-highlighted so when I pull back in a bun I won't have a skunk look. I even did a pull through pony. She did a very good job matching my ends to my roots I think. Yes I know I'm back on the maintenance of highlights and plan for twice a year with September being more of a low light. I also got a trim today that I had planned on for June - so I won't trim again until late fall. Okay a few questions. My stylist told me she added a shot of silicone to the color mix - my hair does feel very smooth and I am a cone user - any side effects from that shot? I'm going to let my color set and do an SMT Monday night - any recipe suggestions? I know now that I did this I need to baby my hair. Picture is the the new siggy (I hope) and I uploaded a few more shots to my album, but the flash really washes out the blond. Let me know what you think!:drama:

Isilme
March 14th, 2009, 06:55 PM
looks really good! She did a great job. I don't think cones are going to hurt your hair if you are already using them:)

ratgirldjh
March 14th, 2009, 07:10 PM
very pretty - your hair looks sooo silky!
it looks natural to me btw

TammySue
March 14th, 2009, 07:20 PM
It looks gorgeous! :)

sandigirl
March 14th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Your hair looks great. I got more highlights today, too. The only thing I HATE is how much they overload the conditioner (to make it easier to comb out. My hair is VERY thick.) I always leave with flat, over-conditioned hair but I can't complain.
Mine looks good, too. Like my avatar only with more blonde. I LOVE being blonde and the touchups are SO worth it.

MsBubbles
March 14th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Looks good! I caved too after reading the 'bleach' thread :D, except I lightened a few bits around my face at home. Not as good as my old colorist used to do but she can't touch my hair without giving me razor layers :run:.

I'm curious what you mean about your stylist not using 'bleach' but color instead. How can you get a lighter color without using any kind of bleach or something that removes the pigment?

BTW, around Christmas I saw someone in a local dollar store (N. Metro Atlanta) from the back and her hair looked just like yours - all thick and shiny!! I wondered if it was you but didn't have the nerve to ask.

atlantaz3
March 14th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I have to admit I'm not sure how she puts a lighter color over my hair - but she promised me she wasn't using bleach. It was a one step process.
Thanks every body!

BranwenWolf
March 14th, 2009, 08:53 PM
That looks good! What shiny hair! I just had a (home-done) highlight disaster a week ago and fully support getting it done by a pro.

Tressie
March 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
It looks beautiful and natural! (o:

ktani
March 14th, 2009, 09:16 PM
It looks gorgeous! You have beautiful hair.

Shermie Girl
March 14th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Very pretty. :D

Ryanne
March 15th, 2009, 06:54 AM
The colour is gorgeous! Very natural.

GnGirl
March 15th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Looks GREAT! I also get highlights, but I only do it once a year.

renarok
March 15th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Wow I really love the color!!!! How often do you think you will go in for touch ups?

Phalaenopsis
March 15th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Ow it's pretty!

And you don't feel there's done too much damage to your hair?

spidermom
March 15th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Your hair looks very glossy and beautiful. I can't see a color change on my monitor, though.

Polyhex
March 15th, 2009, 02:16 PM
It looks beautiful. I looked in your album and blonde is extremely flattering on you!

atlantaz3
March 15th, 2009, 04:35 PM
My hair grows very slowly about four (5 if you count the two half inch trims) inches a year, so touch ups aren't as noticeable. I only plan for twice a year. The stylist does a good job of leaving in my natural color. Right now my hair feels soft and doesn't seem to want to tangle. I did a quick ends check and they don't seem to be fried or dried out. Maybe it's all the cones but right now my hair just feels nice. SMT and shampoo on Monday night may yield a different story but I don't think so as I had the same product highlight about 18 months ago.

JamieLeigh
March 16th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Very pretty! The stylist did a great job...thanks for sharing the pic! :)

Fayejay
March 16th, 2009, 05:56 PM
It looks really lovely. Prior to chopping my hair (from waist to shoulder lenght) I had highlighted hair and while it does take time and money to maintain it can be very lovely. The only issue I had was that my hair got very dried out at times and reguired me to be extra attentive to adding hydration.