View Full Version : CWC-does it remove cones?

monica sanders
March 14th, 2009, 03:18 PM
i use CWC method and use cones in my last conditioner. does CWC remove cones?

Carolyn
March 14th, 2009, 03:22 PM
If you are a regular cone user you might need to use a clarifying shampoo now and then.

monica sanders
March 14th, 2009, 03:38 PM
If you are a regular cone user you might need to use a clarifying shampoo now and then.

i do that too. but does CWC remove any cones?

Carolyn
March 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
i do that too. but does CWC remove any cones?I would say it would depend on how much cone build up you have and if you are using a heavy cone conditioner. It would also depend on how strong your shampoo is. Lots of variables. With my hair and the products I use, CWC would remove some of the cones but I would still need to do a periodic clarifying shampoo. I do mostly CO with CWC washes thrown in now and then. I used to be all CWC. I still had to clarify.

Speckla
March 14th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Yes, I only use water soluble cones.
________
Vaporizer Review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmixODIvAtM)

monica sanders
March 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I would say it would depend on how much cone build up you have and if you are using a heavy cone conditioner. It would also depend on how strong your shampoo is. Lots of variables. With my hair and the products I use, CWC would remove some of the cones but I would still need to do a periodic clarifying shampoo. I do mostly CO with CWC washes thrown in now and then. I used to be all CWC. I still had to clarify.

how do you know if you have cone build up? i have always wondered this.

EvaSimone
March 14th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Cone removal depends on what type of shampoo and what types of conditioners you are using.

For example if you are using a non sulfate shampoo and a non water soluble cone conditioner then no CWC wouldn't remove the cones.

If you were using a sulfate shampoo and non water soluble cone conditioner then CWC would remove the cones.

I'll try to dig up an article on water soluble and non water soluble cones for you.

BTW The feeling of build up is pretty individualized. Generally for me my hair would feel lank, dry, and just generally unhappy. That was usually a sign that clarifying was needed. Most people shouldn't need to clarify more than once every month or two.

Carolyn
March 14th, 2009, 08:10 PM
how do you know if you have cone build up? i have always wondered this.When I have it my hair feels like it's coated with something sort of sticky and gummy. My ends will stick together and tangle. My hair will also be very dull.

EvaSimone
March 14th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Here's the article:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=13

monica sanders
March 14th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Here's the article:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=13

thank you for the link :)
i do use sulfate shampoo and some non water soluble cone conditioner such as dimethicone and sometimes admodimethicone. [not at the same time] these would come out w/ cwc?
i try to get water souble but some slip past me.:eek:

EvaSimone
March 14th, 2009, 11:50 PM
You are welcome. :flower:

Since you are using a sulfate shampoo then yes you are removing the cones every wash and then replacing them with your final 'C'

Their are so many cones it's pretty hard to keep them all straight. :lol: