PDA

View Full Version : Sexier

jera
March 14th, 2009, 02:24 PM
This is a question for both the women and the guys on the board. Since it's safe to assume we'd all consider long hair sexier on a woman than short hair, what style do you think is sexier? Down? Up? Loose? Tied back? Braids? Coils? ;)

I like loose hair mostly, or sometimes I like to scrape back the hair at my temples and pin that in back while letting the rest of the length hang down.

neon-dream
March 14th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Hmm. I think it depends on the person and their face really.

AmyJorgensen
March 14th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I think my hair is sexier down loose right now....after I lose my winter fat(pudgy back)maybe I will think up. Ha...I still wear it both ways, back or no.

oneKnight
March 14th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Um, when I think of hair down and sex, I think of pulling and pain and annoyance

Therefore I think a ponytail or braid is the minimum required to be sexy, lol.

(non PG-13 comment removed)

In general though, if I was looking across the room or watching a movie and judging the other women I do like it down, ponytailed or braided. I think you lose some of the effect when it's bunned up an hidden.

Kuchen
March 14th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Since it's safe to assume we'd all consider long hair sexier on a woman than short hair...

I don't think that's a safe assumption :flower:

Omens
March 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Probably down. I agree with neon-dream that it can depend on the person. Some faces look really good framed by locks of hair, other people look better with it pulled back partially or even fully.

But all and all...I just like hair down on both men and women. My own personal preference, I guess. :D

RancheroTheBee
March 14th, 2009, 03:59 PM

*shrug* Me, neither. A lot of women look better with shorter hair.

Shadow Walker
March 14th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I'm partial to loose, but braids and stuff is always nice. As it's been said already, depends on the face.

Silverlox
March 14th, 2009, 04:14 PM

Me neither. Mainly because I never think of women as sexy. To be honest, I don't often think of men as sexy either.
With the exception of a few select ones, but only IRL, never from merely a picture. :eyebrows:

Mainly when I look at people I think in terms of good looks, beauty, charm, mischief, intelligence, possibly sensuality. My eyes love beauty, no matter where it's found. It can be a landscape, a flower or a person. If it's a person, my eyes don't care whether it's a child, man or woman. However, I'm not attracted to children or women or even most men. Perhaps I'm just picky?

I don't think it's an age thing either, because this hasn't changed since I was a teenager. I just don't generally think of people in terms of sexiness. :shrug:

invisiblebabe
March 14th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Me neither. Mainly because I never think of women as sexy. To be honest, I don't often think of men as sexy either.
With the exception of a few select ones, but only IRL, never from merely a picture. :eyebrows:

Mainly when I look at people I think in terms of good looks, beauty, charm, mischief, intelligence, possibly sensuality. My eyes love beauty, no matter where it's found. It can be a landscape, a flower or a person. If it's a person, my eyes don't care whether it's a child, man or woman. However, I'm not attracted to children or women or even most men. Perhaps I'm just picky?

I don't think it's an age thing either, because this hasn't changed since I was a teenager. I just don't generally think of people in terms of sexiness. :shrug:

Same. I just don't associate sexiness with anyone other than my husband. :flower:

Speckla
March 14th, 2009, 04:41 PM
messy 1/2 updos with a few curlies hanging down.
________
CORVAIR ENGINE (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvair_engine)

jojo
March 14th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I think hair can be sexy no matter how you wear it, its all about confidence at the end of the day and no matter how you have your hair, if you feel awkward or uncomfortable the vibes you will give out will be anything but sexy.

Arctic
March 14th, 2009, 04:49 PM

I agree. (ten characters)

Lady Verity
March 14th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I think as far as 'sexiness' is concerned, women with really short hair are lovely. Like buzzcuts. :)

Xandergrammy
March 14th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Since it's safe to assume we'd all consider long hair sexier on a woman than short hair,

Not necessarily. I've seen some really smokin' women with really short hair. It totally depends on the woman.

CaityBear
March 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
For me, personally, I find that I look better when my hair is down. Or when I have bangs. If I have my hair up and no hair on my face...I just don't think I look as good. But I like it loose and part of it pinned back. Though I do rarely wear it down....hmm

Taliesin
March 14th, 2009, 05:37 PM
As many have said, it probably depends on the person...

However, as a general personal preference, I have to go with down...

misskita
March 14th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I think down and flowing.

tsenglish@ns.sy
March 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Same. I just don't associate sexiness with anyone other than my husband. :flower:

Sexy, to me, radiates out from the inside. The way a person carries themselves, their self confidence & sense of humor. Being comfortable in their own skin. It has nothing to do with their hair. If a person is sexy they just are, regardless of length or style. Imo :) My DH shaves his head, and to me, he's just as sexy nearly bald as he ever was with longer hair.

Oops! I didn't mean to quote you with my response, invisiblebabe, sorry. =)

Morticia
March 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Jenny Shimizu. (Enough said. :))

sandigirl
March 14th, 2009, 07:25 PM
There is nothing like a full head of long, shiny, flowing, clean, thick, loose, fluffy, just-brushed hair. If it's any shorter than bsl I don't even notice. But to see a beautiful head of hair from behind is enchanting.

adiapalic
March 14th, 2009, 07:39 PM

Wow Silverlox, I can totally relate to this! :p

Beatnik Guy
March 14th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Ah, but I'll always think "hmmm, s/he would look even better with long hair". :wink:

Loose hair is sexy, but braids are also good and big buns always catch my eye too. :D

Debra83
March 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Ah, but I'll always think "hmmm, s/he would look even better with long hair". :wink:

Loose hair is sexy, but braids are also good and big buns always catch my eye too. :D

ME TOO!!!!!!

Buddaphlyy
March 14th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I feel I look sexiest with loose red waves. It'd take a lot of time for me to get my hair like that though, so I work with teh sexy that I have.

Goddessey
March 14th, 2009, 09:00 PM
As far as "sexy" hair, I think that long, thick and wavy or curly hair worn down is sexiest of all.

I think that messy up do's and messy french braids can be sexy too.

~GypsyCurls~
March 14th, 2009, 09:49 PM
It's all sexy!

But, I feel very sexy and sensual when my hair is down and I can feel its softness on my back/skin. Mmmm yeah.

On guys, whatever he can wear with style is cool. :D A braid, nice ponytail, or dreads are nice.

Roseate
March 14th, 2009, 10:03 PM
As many have said, depends on the person. My girlfriend has a marine cut and looks absolutely smokin' hot that way. :crush:

I think I look best with longer hair, and while it might be more obviously 'sexy' down, I like the hot-librarian thrill of wearing it up and then shaking it down at the end of the day. Makes me feel like I've got a secret!:eyebrows:

spf4214
March 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I think it depends on the person. For me, I feel sexier with my hair down.

sneakybea
March 14th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I feel sexier with my hair down, and that's usually how I wear it on dates. But you know, there's also that whole "sexy librarian look" that you can do with a tight bun and glasses, and I also like to wear my hair in a sleek updo, with dangling earrings and stand-out lipstick---I can feel sexy that way, too. It all depends, I guess.

Naava
March 14th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I feel sexiest with my hair down, but pigtails or high double buns are pretty sexy too :)

Elphie
March 14th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Hair doesn't figure into my equation of what I think is sexy. My husband is bald, always has been and I consider him to be quite hot. :-)

Siava
March 15th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I'm kind of partial to thinking temple hair pulled back with the rest loose is always so beautiful and sexy on other women, no matter the face shape. I just like that style. It's whimsical.

biggeorge
March 15th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I'm partial to long and loose.

Pixna
March 15th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I FEEL sexier when my hair is down (and long enough) to tickle the middle of my back. I'm not sure if that looks sexier to anyone else, though. On others, I really think it depends on the person and his/her face, personality, and body type. So much goes into "looking sexy" for me. I've seen women (and men) with buzzed heads who are smokin' hot, and others with super long hair who were sizzling. For me, there's no single answer.

Fethenwen
March 15th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I have a hard time letting my hair down, but my boyfriend loves it. But sometimes it feels like it just drags my face down :/ I feel more fresh and hot when I have a loose up-do.

RavennaNight
March 15th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I think loose flowing hair is sexy. Set it free! Let it be! :cheese:

NenNa
March 15th, 2009, 10:49 AM
For me, sexy comes from within. Hair has nothing to do with it. I could probalby feel as sexy bald as I can with long hair. Sexy people are those who are confident enough to love themselves.

kali_shey
March 15th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I agree with most everyone else. It really depends on the person's face and their sense of style.

Although my sense of style runs towards 'scruffy' so I should theoretically have shorter hair but shorter hair, for me, is a lot more difficult to keep in order than long hair, which I can put up and ignore. On me, short hair is a nightmare because it doesn't behave and defies stylists and any sort of product whatsoever.

Hence, I guess, my lack of pretty buns and the fact my hair lives mainly in a braid :D

But, like most things, it's a personal preference...

rockkcor
March 15th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Depends…

I think loose hair (when it is very long) is reserve for relaxed environment – home, bedroom…

People with short hair do not attract me – I almost have ****** about long hair. But there is something special to confess about it:

After all I am not certain what is sexy about long hair – even if hair is kept covered in woolen cap – just knowing that it is long – is what makes it sexy!
I think that long hair itself is nothing without the person.
Person with long hair is sexy!
Longer the hair – sexier the person!
But I care not if I can see or touch hair itself (may it be in bun, hidden, braided, loose whatever) as much as I am attracted to the person that has all the qualities needed to have long hair – patience, commitment!

Just knowing that someone has long hair – that someone grows it for years – no matter the stile – is sexy!

maskedrose
March 15th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Personally, I feel sexier when my hair falls in loose waves down my back, probably because I only wear it down now for when I have a night out, etc. I think of updos as more of a daily thing I guess. On a guy with long hair...I think ponytails and half-ups are super sexy, but I also like it down, too.

Pixna
March 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
On a guy with long hair...I think ponytails and half-ups are super sexy, but I also like it down, too.

That reminds me . . .

I love a guy with a nice buns (feel free to take that any way you like). Seriously, a bun is such an unusual style for a man, and I think it takes someone extra-confident and willing to be a bit daring to wear one. Done well, I think they can look super hot. Just imagine a MAN taking his bun down and shaking out his locks. How sexy is THAT?!

Fethenwen
March 15th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I'm starting to find slightly longer hair on guys super sexy ^^ like: http://lastrow.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/luke-skywalker.jpg

The best part is that my boyfriend agrees, and is growing his hair out a bit, plus he's blond :cheese:

HoneyMouse
March 15th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I can't help it with guys with long hair. Its just makes me go yum. I like it best loose on a guy but then again I have a very odd fantasy so it might just be that.

enfys
March 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM
If I had to draw a picture of "a sexy lady with sexy lady hair" (rather than judging a real life person) I'd draw her with mid/lower back thick loose wavy/curly hair, side parted. Basically Veronica Lake in a longer hair phase!

enfys
March 15th, 2009, 02:58 PM
In the same situation with a man I'd draw straight hair half up with the top plaited. A bit warrior, a bit Celtic.

Again, trying to make a mental image without a specific person in mind. Except I got Anthony Kiedis(sp?) in mind haha!

neon-dream
March 15th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I'm partial to loose, but braids and stuff is always nice. As it's been said already, depends on the face.

Yup. My face looks weird with all of my hair pulled back because it's round. I dunno I just don't like the look, on some people back looks so much nicer though.

Pixna
March 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM
In the same situation with a man I'd draw straight hair half up with the top plaited. A bit warrior, a bit Celtic.

Mmmmmm -- yummy!!! :yumm:

HoneyMouse
March 15th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Mmmmmm -- yummy!!! :yumm:

my sentiments exactly. sounds positivly ravishable

HoneyMouse
March 15th, 2009, 04:16 PM
That reminds me . . .

I love a guy with a nice buns (feel free to take that any way you like). Seriously, a bun is such an unusual style for a man, and I think it takes someone extra-confident and willing to be a bit daring to wear one. Done well, I think they can look super hot. Just imagine a MAN taking his bun down and shaking out his locks. How sexy is THAT?!

Is anyone here a Lexx fan ? I'm thinking Kai ish

Firefly
March 15th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I feel sexier with my hair loose, and generally think other women look better that way as well. With guys, I think either way can be sexy.

Firefly

JamieLeigh
March 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I personally think it's sexier when loose, because when it covers up, um, "parts", it can be tantalizing...but my DH would probably vote for long pigtails or braids.... ;)

Sieren
March 16th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I vote for loose and flowing! ...and blowing around in the wind, too (although I suppose that isn't the best for your hair ;) )

AnnaMarie
March 16th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I would have to agree it depends on the person. I personally suit my hair up but I feel sexier when its down :rolleyes:. DH says he likes it however I have it, talk about sitting on the fence! :p

misspriss
March 16th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I feel sexiest when I have a loose wave (less curly than it naturally falls, like bun waves) that come down at least over my shoulders. I think it would be sexier at waist.

I think on others, it depends. I've seen stunningly done short hair, stunning straight hair, drop dead lovely curls, it all depends.

jera
March 17th, 2009, 12:58 AM
I vote for loose and flowing! ...and blowing around in the wind, too (although I suppose that isn't the best for your hair ;) )

I can't imagine sexier hair than that you've described. :p

Johanna
March 17th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I love my hair down, flowing, and air-dried for wavys. My partner loves my hair 'hippy style', which I'm glad, I like it too.

I think what is really sexy is when you have your hair in a bun, then just shake it out till it falls around your face.