PDA

View Full Version : Why do cones accentuate my halo?

Neoma
March 13th, 2009, 10:28 PM
A couple of days this week, I used a cone-filled conditioner. Each time, detangling was a breeze, but I ended up with a dreadful halo of "baby hairs" all overy my crown. This was odd, because one of the products was Pantene Smooth & Sleek.

Today, I used a conditioner without cones, and the halo was nonexistent.

I'd really like to understand why this happens. It's not the first time I've had this experience. Can someone explain it to me, please?

EvaSimone
March 13th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I always had a halo when I used cones and SLS shampoos.

It was like my hair was so clean and stripped that it would just float around my head if that makes sense.

Now that I don't use cones or SLS it seems like my hair has enough natural oils to lay smoothly but not look greasy.

LadyEliza
March 14th, 2009, 01:07 AM
It might not have been the shampoo or conditioner - it might have been the humitidy that day, or the wind, or something else.

:)

jera
March 14th, 2009, 02:05 AM
It might not have been the shampoo or conditioner - it might have been the humitidy that day, or the wind, or something else.

That's a thought. I don't use cones anymore, but never noticed a halo after only a couple of uses. It took more than that. :o

Neoma
March 14th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Good thought, but I have noticed this every time I've used cones in the past year or so.

I'm also thinking that the changes that hormones (menopause) are causing in my hair, are making cones incompatible.

1nuitblanche
March 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Interesting... Since the fall, I have been using non SLS products and no or low cone products, and I have noticed a huge difference in the amount of "frizzies" or halo hairs. It might just be that the hairs that were stuck short waiting to be replaced are all gone from when I had a pixie. Or it might be that more longer hairs means the short ones are weighed down more. But I have seen a marked improvement. I guess if I go back to regular products, I might know whether it's a coincidence.