PDA

View Full Version : Tea for your hair?

Miyani
March 13th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Do you think that spritzing your hair with tea grows your hair? I use a green tea mixture and I spritz that into my hair and it leaves my hair very soft and leaves a nice scent to my hair. I love it and it seems as though my hair is growing from it. Has anyone tried this?

SimplyLonghair
March 13th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I don't know about growing but I like what tea does for my hair when I use it as a rinse.:cheese:

LHGypsyRose
March 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Do you think that spritzing your hair with tea grows your hair? I use a green tea mixture and I spritz that into my hair and it leaves my hair very soft and leaves a nice scent to my hair. I love it and it seems as though my hair is growing from it. Has anyone tried this?

Ooo what all does your mixture consist of and in what amounts?

kwaniesiam
March 13th, 2009, 08:16 PM
This sounds fascinating. I never thought of tea in place of water in a mister, but if tea rinses work well for you then that could be a great recipe. My hair likes chamomile occasionally, so logically using it in a mister would have good results.

xunnie
March 13th, 2009, 10:43 PM
I do a lot of chammomile rinses. I brew a gigantic pot of very strong chammomile tea and dunk my head in it, throw on a shower cap, and let it sit for a while. I redunk my hair once in a while to keep it really moist. I find it makes my hair smoother and more manageable, while bringing out the highlights in my blonde.

CaityBear
March 14th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting. I have meant to try it as a rinse before...but then I just kind of forgot...might have to try that as well as the mister idea...

Though I don't think the spritzing with tea would help much with growth...maybe your hair is just conviently going through a nice growing faze. But I might try it and see if I get any good benefits out of it. :)

gunjee
March 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
My spritzer contains tea made with a cup of water, a green tea bag, and a chamomile tea bag and it makes my hair very soft and manageable. I add a tablespoon of aloe gel to it as well. Smells nice and doesn't stain my clothes or floors like black tea would. Got to make sure to use it up before it goes bad, though. Doesn't do anything I know of for growth, though.

-Shilpa

neon-dream
March 17th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Does chamomile not cause lightening in the hair??
Thats the only thing I'd be worried about. Sounds good though!!

Soniasonia
March 17th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Does chamomile not cause lightening in the hair??
Thats the only thing I'd be worried about. Sounds good though!!

It does lighten the hair. You spritz it on then step outside for the sun to activate it.

ratgirldjh
March 17th, 2009, 11:21 AM
i have used tea rinses on my hair - chai tea, regular lipton tea, and green tea.

when i was trying this i was pretty much WO and it did help to remove the waxies from my hair a little - but for some reason i haven't done them since.

while i couldn't tell if it helped my hair grow - it did leave it silky and shiny and the chai tea one left it smelling good too.

i have also tried using herbal teas - amla, rosemary, rose petals, etc. i actually used to make a bath with herbs and then lay back and soak my hair in the 'tea'
and i did have long hair back when i used to do this! maybe they do help hair growth.

oh - i have also made a regular tea bath and soaked in it and it made my skin feel silky too.

Lile
March 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Tea might help hair growth(actually everything that is good for the scalp does...and green tea is definetely good for the skin)

But what do you think about rose water?

I have it in a spray bottle,and I'm using it quite often on my face during the day.I like spraying it on my eyes,it's cooling and moisturizing.
What I have noticed is that my eyebrows are growing faster...and I have to pull the unnecessary ones more often...

I guess it's because of the rose water

So I spray it on my scalp as well....we'll see:-)

steph in tx
March 17th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Interesting. Would there be any benefits/drawbacks to using raspberry leaf tea? I have some here and I love the scent. I'm thinking that would make a nice spritzer, unless it would be a bad thing. ??

long.again
March 21st, 2009, 11:21 AM
I've been doing a daily soak and scalp massage of rosemary/sage/chamomile tea. I love the colors it's added to my blonde hair. It's made it look much more natural, like my natural golden blonde color. I leave it on and it makes my hair soft and smells nice.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/phoenix0909/hair/March192009.jpg

neon-dream
March 21st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hmm, does all tea lighten hair??
Because I want to try this but really don't want my hair to lighten!!

long.again
March 23rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hmm, does all tea lighten hair??
Because I want to try this but really don't want my hair to lighten!!

No, I know chamomile is known to lighten hair but I believe it's pretty minor and may need heat/sun to work well.

Sage darkens hair, but again, it's very minor.

There are so, so many tea treatments. Green Tea and Rosemary Tea are supposed to be really great for growing hair.

Natalia
May 24th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Oh fun thread! I cant wait to see what other people are using :)