PDA

View Full Version : Long hair compliment cards

Kerynna
March 13th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I came across this website and thought it was a fun idea.

http://www.wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/HairCards/Default.html

http://www.wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/HairCards/HairCard.gif

Now, personally, I'd probably just tell the person; but I do understand feeling shy about doing so, especially if it's someone of the opposite sex. So I thought these cards is a fun idea; and it's cool that someone loves long hair so much as to create them!

Coriander
March 13th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Wow I haven't seen those cards since the old board :)

Thanks for bringing those up again :flower:

Copasetic
March 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Its so cute! I still wouldn't have the guts to hand one to someone, but I love the idea.

allege
March 13th, 2009, 07:25 PM
You know I think i would actually use cards. I have jotted the address here on napkins and scraps of paper and gave out to people.

Sissy
March 13th, 2009, 09:24 PM
ha, how cute... somehow I think I'd feel more comfy just commenting a person on their hair than giving them a card. Though, if I received one such card from a non-strange seeming female I would be extremely flattered... it would make my day.

Aditi
March 14th, 2009, 04:24 AM
That is such a brilliant idea of giving someone a card for long hair. I wish someone from the opposite sex gives me one too.

spf4214
March 14th, 2009, 04:33 AM
They are so cute. I would love it if a guy gave me one of those.

Ryanne
March 14th, 2009, 05:15 AM
That's a nice idea, the cards are cute.

Finoriel
March 14th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Ahem. I would consider someone who plans compliments in that way as very very weird. That´s not nice and cute at all, that´s creepy :eek: imo.
Spending time and money on those cards and walking around with them in the pocket every day - just in case they meet someone who umm ´qualifies´ - long before the awkward "complimenting" situation comes up... That means to me the person is fixated on watching/meeting long-haired strangers to get in contact with them.

Nothing against a short give-and-run-compliment not fishing for a reaction, but those cards are odd :disgust:. No thanks. I would not react in a good way. I hate it when strangers bother me with their f#t#sh.

longhairedfairy
March 14th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Aw, how sweet! You could probably even slip one to someone anonymously if you're shy about giving it directly.

ETA: I would think it was kind of weird for a male stranger to give me one, but given anonymously I think it's nice.

Red Rapunzel
March 14th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Ahem. I would consider someone who plans compliments in that way as very very weird. That´s not nice and cute at all, that´s creepy :eek: imo.
Spending time and money on those cards and walking around with them in the pocket every day - just in case they meet someone who umm ´qualifies´ - long before the awkward "complimenting" situation comes up... That means to me the person is fixated on watching/meeting long-haired strangers to get in contact with them.

Nothing against a short give-and-run-compliment not fishing for a reaction, but those cards are odd :disgust:. No thanks. I would not react in a good way. I hate it when strangers bother me with their f#t#sh.

Finoriel, I agree with you. Even though those cards are meant to be for a good purpose (prevention of long-hair cutting) I think it would be rather weird getting one from a stranger for all the reasons you mentioned in your post. Another way to encourage others to keep their long hair in a less threatening way would be to wear a T-shirt with the same message on it. Red Rapunzel

Kerynna
March 14th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Meh. If someone has a ****** for long hair and my hair does something for them (which it won't at this length but maybe in the future), what is the harm? As long as they just look and don't touch, I'm happy to oblige them a moment's pleasure.

Sissy
March 14th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Finoriel, I agree with you. Even though those cards are meant to be for a good purpose (prevention of long-hair cutting) I think it would be rather weird getting one from a stranger for all the reasons you mentioned in your post. Another way to encourage others to keep their long hair in a less threatening way would be to wear a T-shirt with the same message on it. Red Rapunzel

That's a good idea... a T-shirt that says that. I wouldn't personally feel comfortable giving a card, I'd rather verbally state a compliment. Besides, it might be a bit strange to have someone hand you a card without saying anything and walk away. Hmm... I would feel very uncomfortable getting on of those cards from a guy.

SimplyLonghair
March 14th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Okay I admit to looking for long hair! I am fascinated by it, I know how hard it is to get to great lengths and I admit to watching out for it when I am out. That doesn't make me weird, it means that I understand the issues with long hair and respect someone that has it.
I know that there are people who have a "thing" for long hair in a sexual way, but where I live we don't have them come up and bug you, at least I don't. I guess that I am sheltered here :shrug:
I would find it a nice thing to have the cards and would be flattered to be given one. I do compliment longhairs because I think that it is a nice thing to be noticed positively I might carry the card or I might not
but I don't think that they are weird. I think that a guy who likes long hair might use them instead of walking up to a stranger and saying something. Giving a card and walking away, to me would be less weird than talking about it. IMO

SimplyLonghair
March 14th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I find it interesting that others find the card more weird than talking, shows how different people can be.

AmyJorgensen
March 14th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't mind getting one from someone who also had long hair...male or female. To me that is more of a sense of something in common. If it was someone who had short, I'd prefer to just get a verbal compliment...that would be great. I would probably be thinking f*t*sh if a short haired man had a card already pre-made to give me.

Heavenly Locks
March 14th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I think it would be a neat way to give people the LHC address :) Like if it was printed on the card too.

jera
March 16th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I think it would be a neat way to give people the LHC address :) Like if it was printed on the card too.

What an awesome idea. :p I would enjoy receiving a card like that and I wouldn't mind giving one. Great way to get to know people you'd have a lot in common with.

somethingwicked
March 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I find it interesting that others find the card more weird than talking, shows how different people can be.

I think it's just the premeditated-ness of it...it could be weird, or not. Like Amy said, if it was a fellow long-hair, it would seem more natural, more like a sister-brotherhood thing. From the man-on-the-street type, a quick off the hand comment is less stalky, I think.

Going by my gut, which is usually pretty correct, I've gotten compliments on my hair that were genuinely admiring, a couple that I suspect were slightly ******-y but didn't disturb me at all, at least one that was a horrified fascination kind of thing (I think she was actually kind of grossed out but didn't want to say anything rude :) ) and one that was REALLY creepy and frightened me a little, in a "I have a woodshed full of scalps" way. None of them bothered me except for that last one, and he wasn't aggressive or rude, but there was just something WRONG. I still get chills when I see long hair ******ists on the interwebs sometimes, thanks to that one.

JamieLeigh
March 16th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Awwww, those are cute! :) I think it's a neat idea. Not only would it make the person's day outright to receive the card, but they can feel good about it later when they come across it again in their pocket or purse. :flower:

JamieLeigh
March 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM

Me too! I wouldn't find it weird at all, but then I'm comfortable with compliments, and usually don't pay a second mind to anything creepy. People are people, and IMHO, it's silly to think that we can judge what someone else is thinking, just from a simple line of conversation. What if something I said in perfect innocence came across as weird and creepy to someone else? That would make me feel horrible. We can't control what someone else is going to think of us, and the best thing TO do in situations like that, would be to simply walk away and end the conversation. I don't find anything difficult in simply accepting a compliment, and letting my day be a little brighter knowing that I have made someone else's day a little brighter too. :)