PDA

View Full Version : simple shampoo and conditioner is all I can use!

templeofvenus
March 13th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Hi, I have issues with any shampoo or conditioner that has fragrance in it, I seem to get a rash about my hairline and it feels like burning sensation :( I keep having to go back to the simple range which are fragrance free. This is a range that has cones in the conditioner which is fine as I like cones anyway! my problem is I would like to use a deep conditioner once in a while to keep my hair good and well moisturised as it grows. Does anyone know of a fragrance free allergy tested deep conditioner out there? or a natural recipie I can use?

Thanks

eadwine
March 13th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Can't you just use what you have for deep conditioning? I thought it was only meant leaving it on longer.

Or I must have missed something which is entirely possible :lol:

plainjanegirl
March 13th, 2009, 05:37 AM
You could always check on etsy. I am sure you'd find one there.

Kirin
March 13th, 2009, 06:51 AM
You can use an SMT using snowy's method and your regular conditioner in the mix. I currently use my regular conditioner, honey, aloe vera gel, vegetable glycerine and a few drops of carrot oil.

Copasetic
March 13th, 2009, 07:39 AM
You could try Burt's Bees deep conditioner. It has all natural scents. Or you could try using some coconut oil.

Petra
March 13th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I'm very sensitive to fragrances as well and the one thing I really love is the California Baby super sensitive line. The conditioner isn't my absolute fav because it has cones--but when I want to do a deep condition I do use it in an altered SMT form: 2 part conditioner + 2 part honey + 1 part coconut or jojoba oil--leave it on for an extended period of time and rinse. It doesn't bug me--often I do it just on the length as my scalp can be squirrely when I put any conditioner directly on it.

Good luck

Tabitha
March 13th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Not sure where you live (the Simple range is sold in the UK where I live) but I love my Philip Kingsley Elasticizer deep treatment. It's a white gunk with no smell at all. I've just checked the ingredient list on mine, and there is no mention of fragrance or "parfum" (though it does contain parabens). It isn't cheap but it's the best I've found.

templeofvenus
March 13th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Not sure where you live (the Simple range is sold in the UK where I live) but I love my Philip Kingsley Elasticizer deep treatment. It's a white gunk with no smell at all. I've just checked the ingredient list on mine, and there is no mention of fragrance or "parfum" (though it does contain parabens). It isn't cheap but it's the best I've found.

I am in the uk :) where do you get that conditioner? in salons? or boots? sounds good!

and the snowys smt sounds worth trying too!

oh and eadwine how obvious yes I could use my regular condish and leave it on longer now why didn't I think of that :);)

Thanks all of you

Othala
May 30th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I am in the uk :) where do you get that conditioner? in salons? or boots? sounds good!

You can get the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer on eBay, Amazon, QVC, LookFantastic, BeutyBay or at the Philip Kingsley website.

It is truly a miracle product for uber-dry, coarse, thick hair. Nothing else comes close to this product for me in terms of sheer conditioning power.