PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite products for CO washing?

rose_in_bloom
March 11th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I'm giving CO washing another chance, and so far my hair is very happy. I'm currently using V05 mandarin grapefruit volumizing conditioner, and it's cleaning my hair well. But I wanted to get some other opinions on the best conditioners for CO washing.

Thanks! :)

Erin

Deborah
March 11th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I'm giving CO washing another chance, and so far my hair is very happy. I'm currently using V05 mandarin grapefruit volumizing conditioner, and it's cleaning my hair well. But I wanted to get some other opinions on the best conditioners for CO washing.

Thanks! :)

Erin

My current favorite is Cure Care conditioner, sold by Sally Beauty Supply. It is unscented, pretty simple, cheap, cone-free, and it works very well. I also like several of the cone-free VO5 conditioners.

OhioLisa
March 11th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I agree with Deborah. When I do CO, it is definitely Cure Care.

Cinnamon Hair
March 11th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I like White Rain Tropical Coconut which is available at Dollar Trees and almost nowhere else. The WR Coconut is very light and easy to rinse off. Of course, what I love most about it is the scent. Other WR conditioners are good too, including Extra Body and Normal. They also have a fruity one but I don't remember the exact name. WR I didn't like were Passion Flower (stank terribly) and Sunflower (it was too thick for CO).

I also use VO5 conditioners. Of those, I like almost any of them but I only buy them when I can't find my one true love, White Rain Coconut. Unfortunately I have about 4 bottles left over from the last WR drought period.

I should mention, I only use the conditioners listed above on my scalp. For my length I need something heavier and more moisturizing to help with tangles. Lately I have been using Biolage Conditioning Balm but I have several favorites so I switch often.

Patrycja
March 12th, 2009, 04:22 AM
My sweetheart is Sauve Humectant. It's cone heavy but my hair thrives on it.I do have to make sure I don't leave it on too long or its too moisturizing.

Silver Grace
March 13th, 2009, 08:47 PM
VO5 Strawberries and Cream. Love it: it's cheap, smells gorgeous and works a treat!

intothemist1999
March 13th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Tame, White Rain (till I run out of my stock), diluted Nature's Gate Grapefruit and Wild Ginger, diluted Belvedere's European Formula, diluted Down Under Natural's "Nude" (also by Belvedere). I think those last two might be available only in Canada.

allege
March 13th, 2009, 09:21 PM
White Rain Tropical Coconut

But I am thinking I have to find this Cure Care you all mentioned...

Heavenly Locks
March 13th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I've been using Suave Naturals Coconut and like it alright. I am new to CO so some of my 'failures' are due to user error I think. :o I've had a couple instances where after my hair dries, I am still finding a greasy/heavy patch...I think I'm not using enough product, not massaging well enough, or rinsing poorly.

GnGirl
March 14th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I really like Suave Waterfall Mist. Rinses out easy, leaves my hair soft and it smells good.

Copasetic
March 14th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I either use Live Clean Moisturizing conditioner, or this random grocery store brand conditioner that I found at No Frills.

Carolyn
March 14th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I like White Rain conditioners best. I go by scent. I think they all perform about the same. VO5's are good too. I go by scent there too. KLS :puke: The 365 conditioners from WF are good too.

Doesn't Cure Care have a lot of protein in it? I thought I read keratin on the ingredients list.

steph in tx
March 14th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I'm new to CO as well, but I just bought some VO5 Tea Therapy Blackberry and Sage. I'm really liking the scent and it seemed to rinse out really easily. I agree that it's all about the scent since all the cheap light conditioners seem to be about the same. I'm looking for the Sun Kissed Raspberry, though, as that is one of my favorite scents. I just haven't been able to find it locally yet.

xeternalsilence
March 14th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Anything V05. I've never tried anything else for CO, but I really like what V05 does for my hair.

citymorningblue
March 14th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Suave Juicy Green Apple. Mmmm. It washes so clean too.

misskita
March 14th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Suave Tangerine. Love the smell.

Tap Dancer
April 23rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
VO5 Sun-Kissed Raspberry. I should own stock. LOL

swirlytresses
April 23rd, 2009, 05:12 PM
Any Vo5 or suave conditioners. You can't beat the price for either of these conditioners for co washing. So far I like all the ones I have tried.

healingsolitude
April 23rd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Suave Daily Clarifying condish is the only one that doesn't weigh down my fine hair and it keeps my oily scalp under control. It is my favorite by far. Sometimes I use something else for my length, but only rarely since my ends are not dry. I also tried the older version of the Volumizing conditioner with good results, but I couldn't stand the strong smell of that one. I'd like to try the new version with the lighter smell and maybe the Ocean Breeze or Coconut one.

The VO5 Tea Therapy line smells absolutely divine, though I'm not really loving the thin conditioners. For that reason I think I'll stick to the Suave conditioners unless I see that White Rain is fairly thick. The White Rain Coconut one sounds rather thin from what I've read so far.

JamieLeigh
April 23rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
I've been using the Suave Naturals conditioners since January, and the one that I keep running back to is the tropical coconut. I've never tried the White Rain version, but I'm loving the heck out of the Suave version. :D

AlleyKitten
April 23rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
My mainstay is VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea from the "tea therapy" line. It's thicker than the kiwi lime stuff (the smell of which almost drove me back to shampoo!) and I love the smell. Tragically it makes my back break out, but my hair loves it, so I've developed an entirely upside-down CO routine!

Loviatar
April 24th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Coneless: VO5 Camomile white tea (from the tea therapy line), Extra Body, and Tangerine Tickle is nice too. I also love Inecto coconut and Inecto citrus. (could just be UK lines though)

However now I CO with cones, I adore Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.

chickpea
April 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM
VO5 vanilla mint tea is my favorite for CO washes. It's great for rinsing out henna too. I love the scent and stock up whenever I can find it.