PDA

View Full Version : G'day

lacereza
April 1st, 2008, 04:49 AM

Guenever
April 1st, 2008, 08:07 AM
You obviously DO have a lot to say, yes^^ so welcome to the boards, lacereza!
Your hair sounds very pretty indeed.. and it also sounds like you've already found a routine that works well for you! Now you just need some pretty toys to show off your locks when it's not hanging loose :wink: (just for the record: I'm just a poor addict -- I'm of course not trying to enable you :lol: that would be wrong of me..)

Just kidding of course - But again - welcome... and get posting! :flowers:

Liluri
April 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM
lacereza I hope you are ready to see many hair pretties and indeed want lots of you own, welcome to TLHC :)

Nightshade
April 1st, 2008, 04:02 PM
Welcome to LHC! :flowers:

There's a method of drying in the Curly Girl book that involves taking locks of hair and crossing them over top of the head and clipping them into place to give root volume. I know my description is utterly useless, so perhaps someone else can either give a better description of this, or better yet, post a photo?

zift
April 2nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hi lacereza,
Wow your hair sounds beautiful indeed, good job for taking such a good care and growing long successfuly. I honestly didn't know as much about hair-care as you until I joined the boards;)
About the root lifting issue...I see that you're not 1a so maybe using Dianyla's seperation technique after the shower might give you some volume in scalp. Or you could as well mist your hair at night before sleep and do a ponytail on top of your head and braid the length so that in the morning your hair will be fluffier. Or maybe the problem might be with your products. You say you use coney conditioner for your length,my hair loves cones too help me weigh down the puff but as I say it weighes down. You might try using conefree products for your scalp only. also I see that ACV rinses and honey treatments always give more volume to my hair. It might help you gain a bit root lift??

Nice to have you here with us:)
Welcome to LHC:flowers:

ETA: In case you couldn't find the seperation technique anywhere,it's something like this. After the shower and towel drying your hair you take a hair stick and start seperating your hair vertically and horizontally lifting hair in clumps from the scalp to end. So that you both ease the drying time and also have root lift.