PDA

View Full Version : Cutting comment

LadyEliza
March 11th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I had an art show opening on last Friday. My cousin, who is a part time hair dresser, came along.

I said "I haven't had my hair trimmed since you cut it for (my sons) wedding in October 2007"

She looked HORRIFIED and said "come to the salon tomorrow and I'll cut it for you"

I said "no - that's the POINT".

lol

RancheroTheBee
March 11th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I tried making a comment the other day. A friend of mine came back from vacation with her hair dyed, but it looked incredibly damaged. We were filming a music video as part of a project and I zoomed into her hair as a joke, and said,

"Just looking for split ends. Oh, there's one. Maybe you should have trimmed it, too."

Her: "I did."

Me: :bigeyes:

jera
March 11th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Kudos ! It's hard to do at first but standing up for your individual choice is surmounting a huge hurdle on the long hair journey. :)

Carolyn
March 11th, 2009, 07:31 AM
That's not exactly the thing I'd say to someone who is a stylist. You are growing your hair and know if you want it trimmed or not. She is a stylist and is trained to cut hair. KWIM? I highly recommend not to say anything about your hair to anyone other than someone you know will understand your growing efforts. Often that means talking about your hair with us at LHC ;)

SHELIAANN1969
March 11th, 2009, 07:37 AM
That's not exactly the thing I'd say to someone who is a stylist. You are growing your hair and know if you want it trimmed or not. She is a stylist and is trained to cut hair. KWIM? I highly recommend not to say anything about your hair to anyone other than someone you know will understand your growing efforts. Often that means talking about your hair with us at LHC ;)

This is so true, I keep my obsession to myself and my family at home, everyone else, I don't say a peep to. Unless asked, then I may offer up some tidbits of information. :D

Jessikinz
March 11th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Oh I get this comment all the time. Mostly from my family, but I don't really pay much attention to them. I don't hair-talk with stylists anymore unless I know they will understand. There is one stylist in my town who does understand, and she's super careful with my hair. Good job standing up for yourself :)

Fairlight63
March 11th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I have learned to not say anything about my hair to anyone, as they usually give some advice that I don't want to hear.
Sometimes the advice even comes unsolicited:mad:

GlennaGirl
March 11th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I had an art show opening on last Friday. My cousin, who is a part time hair dresser, came along.

I said "I haven't had my hair trimmed since you cut it for (my sons) wedding in October 2007"

She looked HORRIFIED and said "come to the salon tomorrow and I'll cut it for you"

I said "no - that's the POINT".

lol

She may have thought you were hinting around that you wanted her to cut it again; that may be why she said it. :)

Naava
March 11th, 2009, 09:06 AM
LadyEliza, that is something I just would love to say to a hair stylist! Sometimes it's just fun to shock people just a little bit:jestor::D

Forever_Sophie
March 11th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Oy! On Mon., at work, I explained I left the daycare b/c of lice + my long hair. 1st comment: "You should donate it!" I said, "No, it's processed anyhow..." She was like, "They can still take it, they just wouldn't make wigs for children." She just refused to GET IT!

BranwenWolf
March 11th, 2009, 12:41 PM
For any unwanted hair comments I usually just say "I like it this way" and repeat until they get bored or leave me alone.

Eireann
March 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I once told a co-worker that I hadn't had a haircut in 6 months. By her reaction, you would think I said I hadn't changed my clothes in 6 months.