PDA

View Full Version : baby hairs is this what they're called?

jojo
March 10th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Anyway my baby hairs on the front of my hair line, apart from being a very different texture to the rest of my hair (very coarse and frizzy, but have always been like this) are just under my chin, but are so coarse they are snapping something nasty.

In the past they have only ever grown about 2" at the very most, so although im pleased they have grown, they look like fairy tails and im not happy about the breaking off, have my baby hairs reached terminal?

Anybody else have this problem?

TIA

ETA my actual fringe is collar bone length and is the same texture as the rest of my hair, no breakage is visable there just splits.

RancheroTheBee
March 10th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I used to lose them, leading to bald spots around my hair line. But they're growing back now.

I find them rather charming, actually, all wispy and up in the air like that. Like they're waving.

But yeah, they rarely get longer than a few inches.

danacc
March 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM
If they are breaking, they are not reaching terminal.

It's interesting that yours are course; mine are finer and wavier than most of the hair on my head. Sometimes they even form loose spirals. They appear to reach terminal at about chin length. I like them for a day after washing, after that sometimes they behave, and sometimes, well...