PDA

View Full Version : Calling henna experts! Please help me perfect my madness!

Culdayne
March 10th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Hello,

I currently use henndigo (much more indigo than henna) to get a medium to dark brown color. I alternate between Catherine's and Rainbow. I like Rainbow, but it faded really quick especially on my grey's.

Also, I am thinking I want as much strengh benefit I can get from henna. I only leave the henndigo on 1 and a half to 2 hours due to headaches and I don't want black black hair. (i'm so pale)

Anyhow, to get to my question. I am thinking of trying a henna/cassia blend and leaving that on 3 hours, then rinsing that all out and doing an indigo gloss of some sort. I am trying to achieve the same I have with the henndigo - med to dark brown, with the red controlled. muhahahaha. (although I love red, I don't think it flatters me) Anyone do this or have any thoughts on this?

My natural color is med.-dark brown with some grey.

Thank you all so much. :flower:

mooglewoo
March 10th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I used to use pre-mixed blends, but I've realized I get MUCH better staying power, and a much deeper color (I go for nearly black) when I do a two-step process. The indigo holds better (though still fades after a month) that way.
It's more time consuming but I like it better because it gives me an excuse to stay in and relax all day!

Culdayne
March 10th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Hi Mooglewoo! :waving:

So how long do you eave the Indigo in? I was thinking I don't want black hair, but then again my hair is pretty dark as it is so I guess that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world. ha..

I am thinking of mixing conditioner into the indigo when I do that second step...more of a gloss...and see what happens.

:flowers:

mooglewoo
March 11th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I leave the henna in over an hour but never more than 2 (I don't set a clock, I just rinse when I feel like it lol) and the indigo in for AT LEAST 2 hours. My natural color is a mousy brown, and I get it dark; nearly black.
A gloss would be better if you're going for dark brown versus black, but indigo does fade (though the amount of fade will vary). I'd try a gloss first, with conditioner and indigo, to see how you like it before going full indigo, for about 1/2 hour.
Salt helps indogo stick better, so add a pinch or two of salt to the gloss.

Culdayne
March 12th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks, Mooglewoo. ;)

I realized I named this thread incorrectly, lol. I should have put something about Indigo there. :o

I will try the Indigo gloss after I henna and see how it goes!

:D