PDA

View Full Version : need advice ..after washing !

wh!terose
March 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
hi all ..
need little help ..my hair is curly and quite dry so usualy when i wash it to avoid using hair dryer or iron ..

i put leave in condition and then section my hair 2 part or 4 then make hair bun ..so i can reduce the curly when it dry ..

I am afraid it will be harmful for the hair ..??not sure if i can continue ..

the only thing i noticed it tooks too long time for my hair to try ..this the only thing

so any other suggestion..

RancheroTheBee
March 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
You might want to apply some coconut or olive oil to it before bunning your hair, although from what I understand, many people here put their hair up after washing to avoid excessive handling.

What exactly, though, are you trying to achieve? Do you want it straighter, softer, or...?

plainjanegirl
March 10th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I don't see why wet bunning would be bad. Actually if your hair is dry it might help moisturize it some.

wh!terose
March 10th, 2009, 11:54 AM
You might want to apply some coconut or olive oil to it before bunning your hair, although from what I understand, many people here put their hair up after washing to avoid excessive handling.

What exactly, though, are you trying to achieve? Do you want it straighter, softer, or...?

ya am trying to get soft straighter hair ..usualy i get it but after hours ..till it dry totaly and i do section Cause if i do it as one bun will stil have wet curl in the center of the head ..

sibylla
March 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I recommend using two towels (after the first one has gotten wet then take a new dry one) and after that, bunning. I use a spanish or japanese handfan so the hair dries faster.

wh!terose
March 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I don't see why wet bunning would be bad. Actually if your hair is dry it might help moisturize it some.

ya i hope its not bad till now i didnt face any major problem ..just i want to know more from you all expert:o

thanks alot all

plainjanegirl
March 10th, 2009, 11:59 AM
ya am trying to get soft straighter hair ..usualy i get it but after hours ..till it dry totaly and i do section Cause if i do it as one bun will stil have wet curl in the center of the head ..

Have you tried maybe gently combing, then bun, then several hours later take it down and gently comb some more and maybe let it be loose to finish drying?

sibylla's idea of using 2 towels to dry and then bunning is a good idea too.

wh!terose
March 10th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I recommend using two towels (after the first one has gotten wet then take a new dry one) and after that, bunning. I use a spanish or japanese handfan so the hair dries faster.

Hi sibylla ..

how can i use the towel in right way in order not to hurt the wet hair

wh!terose
March 10th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Have you tried maybe gently combing, then bun, then several hours later take it down and gently comb some more and maybe let it be loose to finish drying?

sibylla's idea of using 2 towels to dry and then bunning is a good idea too.

ya ill try this idea ..and about yours sometimes i do that just am afraid of combing hair manytimes and still not 100% dry

Thank you alooooot

enfys
March 10th, 2009, 04:51 PM
With a towel, dont rub it, but wrap it around your hair and squeeze each section as hard and tight as you can without twisting it. Then it's not pulling or knttong but the water is being squeezed out.

Some people say to "blot" off the water, but I always find that leaves it dripping. Careful squeezing work well for me

wh!terose
March 11th, 2009, 01:06 AM
With a towel, dont rub it, but wrap it around your hair and squeeze each section as hard and tight as you can without twisting it. Then it's not pulling or knttong but the water is being squeezed out.

Some people say to "blot" off the water, but I always find that leaves it dripping. Careful squeezing work well for me

Thanks alot enfys:)