PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair Milestones

LittleOrca
March 10th, 2009, 01:46 AM
What were some milestones in your hair's growth when you started to realize it was getting longer or closer to your goal? I'll start us off. :)

Started: Pixie
Having to pull my hair out of my shirt because one inch was stuck under it.
Bangs made it past my chin.
High ponytails.
Feeling my hair hit the back of my upper arms when jogging in PE in high school.
Having to pull my hair free from my bra strap.
High ponytails started to cause headaches.
People saying, "Your hair is getting long!"
Having to pull my hair free from my panties and jeans/skirts.
People saying, "You should cut your hair and donate it to LoL."
Joining LHC :happydance: (and becoming hair obsessed)Goal: Floor/66 inches

eadwine
March 10th, 2009, 02:05 AM
For me just one thing so far: that I could wear a large ficcare without it falling out of my hair, or rather my hair falling out of it :lol:

Heavenly Locks
March 10th, 2009, 02:06 AM
I just had one for the first time :) I got my hair caught in the car window!

LittleOrca
March 10th, 2009, 02:09 AM
I just had one for the first time :) I got my hair caught in the car window!

I do that too! Especially when it's starting to rain and my hair sticks to my car x_x

lailmil
March 10th, 2009, 02:16 AM
I realized my hair was getting longer during a volleyball game, because it has fitted under my armpit :rolleyes:

punky
March 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM
When I go outside on a windy day to the mail box and my hair covers my face. I know it's getting longer.:)

RancheroTheBee
March 10th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Rinsing off shampoo in the bath and realizing I'm running my fingers through extra hair.

Hair tickling the back of my neck.

punkgirl89
March 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I am just starting to grow my hair out again and am fairly discouraged (it's a pixie cut), but i do remember the days when I had my hair stuck under my brastrap or had to pull it out of my shirt and I need to remember this when i get discouraged during the yucky in between of pixie and bob when i usually break down and cut it again. :-(

bijoux
March 10th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Really having to comb from the bottom up
Getting hair stuck when putting on socks or shoes
Hair getting stuck under backpack strap (having to learn to move it)
Hair going on into food when eating or cooking
Hair stuck between back and chair
Hair stuck in car door on windy days

blondecat
March 10th, 2009, 10:20 PM
hair dipping in the kitchen sink as I wash the dishes, That is a first, but, now a reallity :)

Next, I want to be able to sit on my hair

utdesertrunner
March 10th, 2009, 10:55 PM
When my husband rolls over on it at night.
Getting headaches from ponytails.
Getting stuck in my shirt and rubbing on my back.

wh!terose
March 11th, 2009, 01:20 AM
I became tooo obsses with checking it everytime :D .. ill try to stop this n check it like one time every month

blondecat
March 11th, 2009, 01:23 AM
I became tooo obsses with checking it everytime :D .. ill try to stop this n check it like one time every month

Im sorry to tell you, Hair grows under it's own sckedual. The more you check, the slower it grows <<HUGS>>

Heavenly Locks
March 11th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Im sorry to tell you, Hair grows under it's own sckedual. The more you check, the slower it grows <<HUGS>>

I noticed the same thing! You have to have reverse psychology with hair. "Fine. Don't grow...see if I care!" LOL

Celticfreefall
March 11th, 2009, 02:06 AM
My hair grew one inch!

Aditi
March 11th, 2009, 04:01 AM
I noticed the same thing! You have to have reverse psychology with hair. "Fine. Don't grow...see if I care!" LOL
Good Idea let me try this trick now :D

pdy2kn6
March 11th, 2009, 04:50 AM
few years ago it was being able to stick my hair in my eye, lol.
reaching chin length
ponytail
reaching nipple length and having to pull my braid forward over my shoulder

hoping to reach these milestones soon:
hair reaching arms (when arms are folded)
waist
knees
being able to sit on it

Calanthe
March 11th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Not many milestones here. I tend to put it up and forget about it, more or less. The only thing was, when I was sitting with my hair down, shook my head and felt a tickling sensation below my hips. That was funny :D.

Duchess of Erat
March 11th, 2009, 05:45 AM
-having to put my hair in a sleepbraid because I'd wake up too many times because either me or my bf were lying on my hair.
-having to flip my sleepbraid up over my pillow because otherwise the tassel got too damaged from moving around on the braid while sleeping, or it would get wrapped around my neck and try to strangle me (there was actually quite a lot of time between these two).
-when it's loose, it's that length were it gets trapped with the washing, falls into the sink, and things like that when I'm trying to do some household chores.
-high ponytail with braid becoming annoying when playing sports, so having to change to a low braid.
-and now, the low braid is becoming annoying, so I need to think of something else, but haven't yet...

that's all I can think of for now...

curls2grow
March 11th, 2009, 06:18 AM
When I bun it and the ends go just a biiiiit further around after a while. :cheese:

jel
March 11th, 2009, 11:46 AM
My most recent milestone was when I got out of bed and felt the ends tickle my lower back... :D

HotRag
March 11th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Reach waist, then reach the length where it get stuck in the jeans, one sits on it and so on.

ecologystudent
March 11th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I'm growing out from a 1 inch pixie cut myself, so even though it's not long yet, I appreciate it!

~It NOT being dry two minutes out of the shower
~It not sticking straight up
~Being long enough to touch my ears
~Long enough to get in my eyes
~Long enough to tuck behind my ears, thus no longer in my eyes!
~Being able to pretend that I could make 2 really short ponytails, if I used enough imagination and aloe.
~No longer being asked if I'm a boy! (Whoo!)

Mercury
March 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM
The only two real milestones I can remember:

-Finally getting all my hair into a real ponytail, without about half of it being unable to reach that far.

-Getting into bed, and finding that it was now long enough to have become trapped under my back :D

Jeni
March 11th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Well starting from when I first started growing my hair and bangs out:
- bangs starting to poke me in the eye
- being able to put everything except my bangs into a (very stubby) pony tail
- being able to tuck my bangs behind my ears
- being able to put all my hair into a pony tail and have it stay without the use of major hairspray/gel/shellac
- being able to put my hair into a real bun
- having my hair stuck between me and the chair back
- the newest (last 3-4 months) having my hair get caught in my arm pits when I raise my arms. Deodorant does NOT make a good leave in!

Hopefully will soon experience these milestone:
- feeling my hair hit my lower back under the bra strap
- having to pull my hair out from the back of my pants
- having "really long hair" in real life
- bigger buns!

Ultimate goal:
- having to keep my hair from going into my "vertical smile" (only LCHers would understand the joy of this...)

Johanna
March 13th, 2009, 06:15 AM
It's funny having fringy bits to grow out that are over half the length of your hair. You have numerous mile stones at once.
My main ones so far are

- Being able to tuck the hair behind my ears.
- Being about to make two front sections touch ends at the back.
- Being able to put those two ends into a stubby hippy style do.
- Being able to finally start plaiting them!
- Having your hair curl around your ears and make an ear wave.
- reaching up behind your back and grabbing then ends
- Having your hair go up into the seatbelt compartment when it's down.
- Covering your chest and pretending to be a mermaid
- Tickling your ellbows.
- Starting to tickle the bottom of my back.

Creeping ever so slowly to tbl! My fringie bits that I used to have as a face framing style are now at apl. I'm so excited.

JamieLeigh
March 13th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I haven't had my hair shorter than nearly-waist since I was about 11 years old...which was 17 years ago...so I really can't remember anything milestone-ish from there on back. Also, I only joined here last year, so I didn't realize I was passing milestones until I was already tailbone-length and longer.

I DID just hit classic length this week, FINALLY, so I guess I can do milestone markers from here. LOL. :D

~Sitting on my hair again for the first time in 11 years.
~Having to wear my hair up when I have on any jeans with back pockets that button
~Being able to reach behind me with a straight arm, while walking, and grasp the ends of my hair. (That one I discovered the other day! :D)
~Having other people sit on my hair.....owie!! :rolleyes:
~Being able to wind it around my head twice for a Heidi braid
~Not being able to find enough pins for a braided bun, when I've already used about 10....
~Being able to tuck my braid into my back pocket, when I'm changing a diaper, to keep it out of harm's way

I'm sure there are many more...:)

LawyerGirl
March 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Started from short pixie:
--needing to use a brush/comb
--feeling hair instead of scalp when I wash it
--feeling it move
--feeling it on the back of my neck
--getting it into a pony stub

Looking forward to:
--getting it all in a ponytail
--shoulder-length
--being able to throw it up into a messy bun
--hairtoys!

Samitra
March 13th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Three months ago, when my hair was brushing my shoulders, my boyfriend (who loves playing with my hair, short or long) said to me "Wow, your hair is getting long! It's so pretty!"

As a very new member at LHC I hade seen all the long, beautiful locks here, I felt my hair was so short, and that I'd never get long hair myself. But after this little comment, I realised that my hair was longer than it had been for years. That was a milestone.

Another milestone is that I've started to get too long and thick hair for one of my favourite hair toys (I got it from my grandfathers wife when I was eleven years old...). It's sad, but at the same time it makes me really happy :D

Darkhorse1
March 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I think my best memory of a milestone was when my hair reached past these openings in our dinner chairs. I remember being in a tube top in the summer, and feeling my hair against my back, through that opening. And, another lovely part? My first kitty, as a kitten, would jump up and attack it as I tossed it over my shoulder. I couldn't figure out what was tugging and thunking behind me, and there was little Sunshine, looking up in wonderment, white tipped tail swishing away.

Sigh. I love that memory. Of hair and my beloved first kitty :)

Jules diamond
March 13th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Before I chopped it two years ago, (blame 116 degrees) My goal was nipple length. I was SO close.

My newest milestone was putting it into a high ponytail and it's still reaching my shoulders.

Next goal: back to my original goal from before. Then to waist!

Heavenly Locks
March 13th, 2009, 08:48 PM
OOh! Yesterday, I could touch my ends with my hand behind my back! Woo hoo!

Sissy
March 13th, 2009, 09:21 PM
For me it was mainly people commenting that it was getting so long and also a few people did say that I should donate to LOL.

UncommonTart
March 13th, 2009, 10:00 PM
This morning, while washing my hair, I discovered that (when soaking wet from the shower) it's just barely at classic length. Of course once it dries the wave springs up again, and I've got a few inches to go before it's really there for practical purposes. Still a good feeling, though.

paper
March 14th, 2009, 05:23 AM
I was so excited when I reached the milestone where I could put all my hair up without the sides falling out!

The next milestone I'm looking forward to, is my hair getting caught in my armpits! :eek:

silverjen
August 14th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I started from VERY short, so it's going to be a while... but my next milestone is getting my hair up in a caterpillar ponytail. Next one after that, a real ponytail!

Joliebaby
August 14th, 2010, 03:59 PM
My hair has recently started getting caught in my arm pits :D
It definitely feels like a milestone.

krispie
January 27th, 2018, 09:03 AM
For me it was being able to feel it right below my shoulder blades :D

FrayedFire
January 27th, 2018, 08:17 PM
My hair hitting the floor when I flip it over was one of the things that surprised me the most.

wannabe-rusalka
January 27th, 2018, 08:58 PM
My hair has recently started getting caught in my arm pits :D
It definitely feels like a milestone.

HOLY WOW that braid in your siggy is glorious! :inlove: If you don't mind me asking- what is your ponytail circumference?

ThrowNormanAway
January 27th, 2018, 10:46 PM
I am a server at a restaurant, and my mini milestone i recently had was no longer being able to wear my hair in a braid or twin braids, cause if i bend down to a table to set down a dish or pick one up, my hair could easily flop down as well. It's a terrifying thought! so buns only for now at work :D

another thing... TMI but in the last few weeks, when I sit on the loo with my hair down I have to pull it around front instead of letting it do its thing ... just in case. no incidents yet and I hope to keep it that way :bigeyes:

spirals
January 28th, 2018, 03:16 AM
I can relate to everything on the last 3 pages.

leayellena
January 29th, 2018, 05:38 AM
I was naked, preparing to get in the bathtub when my hair tickled my bcl. I stood straight and I discovered that my hair is bit like 2-3 cm away from bcl.