PDA

View Full Version : breck shampoo and conditioner

squiggyflop
March 8th, 2008, 06:44 PM
so tell me how do you all feel about breck shampoos and conditioners.. they are really cheap where i live so im wondering if any of you have ever used their products... i was thinking of getting their kids detangler but i couldnt see any cones listed so i didnt buy it... their kids shampoo smells great and it says it helps with tangles and its supposed to be easy on the eyes... i have really really sensitive eyes. so tell me about their products.. i dont want to waste my money if the stuffs no good.

Hairstorm
March 8th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Breck shampoo is supposed to be a good clarifier. I don't know about the conditioner.

silkenblacksea
March 8th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I have been using the Breck Restorative conditioner for about three weeks now. I wash approx. two to three times a week.
I had been in a rut with the Suave conditioners Because they seemed to be too thick and waxy all of a sudden. I have hard water and do citric acid rinses for every rinse. My hair never seemed clean anmore. Any way, the Breck has better slip and gets my hair clean and soft. HTH:)

squiggyflop
March 9th, 2008, 05:03 AM
better slip... hmm im always up for better slip... perhaps ill go rummage through the cushons on the couch looking for change.. its only a dollar a bottle and i go through conditioner like lightning

Kirin
March 9th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Hrm, i haven't seen Breck around in my neck of the woods in years, though i used to use it regularly about ten years ago. If the formula didnt change, I liked the product a lot, but i couldnt tell you from memory what was in it, it was way too long ago lol

Celebrian
March 17th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Oh boy, Breck! *Memories*...

I used to use it in High School and loved it! There was another girl who used it as well, and her hair was so shiny and smelled like herbs and oranges. I haven't seen it here in the UK for ages - but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places?

squiggyflop
January 2nd, 2009, 01:20 PM
ok so i bought breck restorative conditioner..
im finally brave enough to try it.. my other conditioners just arent working at the moment.. i need more slip..

ill let you all know how it turns out

JessTheMess
January 2nd, 2009, 01:25 PM
I like the restorative conditioner. It was lightweight and it didn't leave any build up on my hair.

squiggyflop
January 3rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
well i used it after henna yesterday and ive never had so few post henna tangles.. it was great and my hair is soft.. so far 2 thumbs up

Sissy
January 3rd, 2009, 06:19 PM
what are the ingredients of this conditioner? I have never heard of it. I searched it on Amazon and they are selling it but it's more expensive than $1 per bottle. It's like 3 bottles for $10 plus $10 shipping. Is this comparable to suave and vo5 ingredients wise or is it more natural?

Elphie
January 3rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
I used Breck all throughout my childhood. I can remember it smelling really good and my hair was always pretty shiny. I don't know if it's the same formula now.

Kirin
January 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
I'm also in connecticut, where did you find Breck? I haven't seen it sold anywhere in nearly ten years. I absolutely MISS the smell of this stuff, loved it to bits.

squiggyflop
January 4th, 2009, 09:08 AM
what are the ingredients of this conditioner? I have never heard of it. I searched it on Amazon and they are selling it but it's more expensive than $1 per bottle. It's like 3 bottles for $10 plus $10 shipping. Is this comparable to suave and vo5 ingredients wise or is it more natural?
hmm i cant seem to find the ingredients on the web for some reason.. ill go get my bottle

key:
red= not in common
purple=sort of in common or (herbal stuff)
blue=in common
black=not sure what category

breck restorative 18 fl oz

water, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, rosemary leaf extract, nettle extract, horsetail extract, matricaria flower extract, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, niacinamide, fragrance, citric acid, dmdm hydantoin, tetrasodium edta, yellow 5, red 33

vo5 herbal strawberry 15 fl oz
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract, Soy Milk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 33 (CI 17200)

kirin: i sent you a pm

Sissy
January 4th, 2009, 11:15 AM
hmm i cant seem to find the ingredients on the web for some reason.. ill go get my bottle

key:
red= not in common
purple=sort of in common or (herbal stuff)
blue=in common
black=not sure what category

breck restorative 18 fl oz

water, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, rosemary leaf extract, nettle extract, horsetail extract, matricaria flower extract, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, niacinamide, fragrance, citric acid, dmdm hydantoin, tetrasodium edta, yellow 5, red 33

vo5 herbal strawberry 15 fl oz
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract, Soy Milk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 33 (CI 17200)

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do the comparison. The Breck really sounds good. It has a lot of herbal stuff, which is great. To me, it seems better than the VO5 and you said it's pretty cheap as you can get it in the shops. I'll have to really keep on the lookout for it here. I live in NY so not far of from CT, not sure why I haven't ever noticed it here.

HairColoredHair
January 4th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Breck didn't do much special for me... It also didn't like the aloe vera for SMT.

Arden
January 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM
I ran across this thread during a random Google search and I thought I'd add my two cents.

I was inspired by the more current 70's nostalgia thread to start researching brands that came before the 1980's. Breck shampoo was developed by a doctor in the 1930s who was seeking a cure for baldness. while Breck isn't necessarily the cure he was seeking it did result in the first pH balanced shampoo. Originally it was only sold in salons local to the doctor. later his son took over the business and it had a great deal of commercial success in the 60's and 70's. Eventually dial purchased the product but it floundered and eventually sold to the dollar tree cooperation. how far the fall. BUT that being said another old but fantastic product is also sold by dollar tree.... Yardley Soap. ...but that's just a digression. I have not tried this product but after read the ingredients list I am very curious to see if my local dollar tree sells one in the same...

renia22
January 7th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Breck was great! Does anyone recall when it was relaunched in 2002? Then it disappeared again. The one sold at the Dollar tree is not the same nor does it smell the same, even though they are calling it Breck Gold. But if anyone is interested, the Dial Corporation sells one called "Dial White Marble Breck Conditioning shampoo". It comes in little hotel bottles or packets, or you can get a huge gallon jug. Hotel supply websites & janitorial supply websites carry it, but you have to buy a case. Some sellers on Ebay have it also. I bought some of the packets and it's not bad but I am afraid to use it too much because I can't find the entire ingredient list. All it says is it is infused with aloe vera, nettle and sage. If anyone knows the ingredients, please post..