PDA

View Full Version : breakage phase??

AmyJorgensen
March 9th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I've recently gone cone free with my conditioner and have been seeing a lot of splitting. Well, it seems like a lot compared to when I was using pantene...you'd have to look up close to see the splitting. Is this most likely old splits that were covered by the cones, or new splits from hair that is harder to detangle? Is this just a temporary phase...because I am thinking of just going back to pantene. :confused:

I also use Kimberlily's DeFrizz spray as a detangler and only conditioner on the length of my hair. I wear it down about 2/3 of the time....but I used to wear it down all the time. I never blowdry.

Nightshade
March 9th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I'm guessing old splits that were covered by cones. I had the same thing happen when I kicked cones.

LittleOrca
March 9th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I noticed a lot of splits too when I went cone-free for a little while. I decided to use cones, but limit it to one cone per product and that is working well for me so far. It lets me keep the split-free look I want, while being able to S&D and work on my hair's health. When my hair is healthy, I may switch back to completely cone free.

AmyJorgensen
March 9th, 2009, 02:52 PM
What I am seeing are fork splits or splits along the shaft. My hair is a little more difficult to detangle now. I wonder also if updos with hairsticks are contributing...as I used to just always wear my hair down. If I go back to using cone conditioner...will natural products like Kimberlily's DeFrizz still moisturize my hair or will that be useless?

AmyJorgensen
March 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM
So...people with experience please help.........If I go back to using cone conditioner...will natural products like Kimberlily's DeFrizz still moisturize my hair as a leave in/detangler or will that be useless and not penetrate the coney coat from the shower and create weird buildup?

neon-dream
March 9th, 2009, 04:34 PM
When i went cone free this happened to me, so i went back on them :D haha
My hair loves them

Debra83
March 9th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I can tell you from my experience that when I use pantene (at least 3-4 times a week), and when I don't put in the Eqyss Survivor detangler in I notice a huge difference in slip and tangles. So, the Eqyss does work, even on top of pantene. Hope that helps.

LittleOrca
March 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM
The cones may block the moisturizer that you put on it.

There is a product I use called Coconut Milk: Anti-breakage serum on my ends after I CO wash. My conditioner has a cone in it, as does this serum, but it has made my ends more manageable and I see less breakage.

Everyone's hair is different though, and you may just need to experiment and read some more threads to find what works best for you.

To help your hair get moisture, make sure you a drinking enough water as well! Maybe some scalp massages could help get the blood flowing to the roots and nutrients to help your hair's health and possibly moisture levels. :shrug: They feel good, so that is definitely a bonus! :D

AmyJorgensen
March 9th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Well, I was happy enough using cones, but I want to stick with cone free a while longer I think to give it a fair shake. It seems like there must be some benefit to cone free since it is a bit more trouble (to me) and so many people do it anyway.