PDA

View Full Version : Products to enhance wave?

kimberlily
March 9th, 2009, 10:05 AM
After cutting off 5", my waves are back and better than ever. So much better, in fact, that I want more! I'm looking for a product to enhance my waves and lock them in. I don't want anything that will make my hair stiff though :)

I'm open to suggestions, and have no limitations regarding cones, etc. My hair loves cones and oils equally, and isn't particularly fussy about any ingredients that I've noticed :)

Queenie
March 9th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Umm... I use your own defrizz spray for that :lol:

DMARTINEZ
March 9th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Actually just scrunching most products in works for me. Then letting it dry after
said scrunching. :) I use any leave in or defrizzing cream. One I can think of
is Sunsilk TLC leave in. Pink Bottle. HTH.

Deb

kimberlily
March 9th, 2009, 10:33 AM

Doh! :doh:

I haven't used it in a while. I swear, I'm losing my mind :lol:

Nightshade
March 9th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I think you tried this as a detangler for your daughter, but I've found if I dilute about 1/2 oz of the Sea Buckthorn Detangler and Curl Enhancer (http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com/showproduct.php/product/30/cat/500)in 4oz of water, mist and bun/scrunch I get great waves :)

The nice thing about having to dilute it, though, is it lasts roughly forever :lol:

Rohele
March 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I've been using AG re:coil to lock in my waves. I find it doesn't get stiff if I don't use too much, and it easily scrunches out if I do (it is a cream, not a gel, smells divine too). I don't need much (less than a teaspoon), although my hair is probably a fair bit shorter than yours.

dorothea-brooke
March 9th, 2009, 03:43 PM

Hee hee! Me, too. I love that stuff. I use it both to tame down little fuzzy bits on the top of my head after making an updo, and also as a scrunchy curl re-activator between shampoos.

I'm curious to try the Sea Buckthorn stuff Nightshade recommends. The active ingredients seem pretty similar to Kimberlily's spray, though, so until I use up the ginormous vats of raw ingredients I have on had to make that (2012, maybe?), I'll probably just stick to the homemade stuff. :)