PDA

View Full Version : My sweetie is preaching the LHC gospel!

Katze
March 9th, 2009, 11:02 AM
So although my BF claims to have noooo interest in taking care of his hair beyond shampoo and Burt's Bees leave in :poot: ...he is apparently preaching the LHC word when he's not around me.

He's a teacher for 10-16 year olds (Gesamtschule in German) and recently was talking to some of the older girls before class. All three of them had layered, streaked/highlighted/bleached, dry and 'bad' looking hair (according to him) and suddenly one of them asked him 'So, Mr. P-', YOU have long hair - what's your secret? Ours always breaks off at a certain length, and isn't as thick and shiny as yours. What do you do to it?'

BF: ' Nothing. I wash and oil it, but I don't blowdry it or straighten it or use any chemical treatments. THAT'S the secret to healthy hair! Leave it alone and don't do too much to it'

The girls: 'Oh. OK.'

I can only imagine their disappointed looks, and wonder if they will really listen to a male teacher on hair issues...but at least he's getting the word out there, no matter how much he makes fun of my hair obsession. :D

twilight
March 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
that is awesome. you know they idolize him now, even if they ignore his advice... guru of long hair! :)

Fencai
March 9th, 2009, 11:26 AM
LOL! That's awesome!! i wish i could've seen their faces!

DelynofRhondda
March 9th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Katze that is such a cute story. Believe it or not, he may make a difference in how the girls care for their hair. If they're asking him, they're into hair in some way or another. Maybe not the answer they were expecting, hoping it was some kind of special product line, styling tools or routine.

Leave it alone and don't do too much to it. That is some great advice from him!

Tangles
March 9th, 2009, 01:10 PM
You're a lucky lady :D

AngelInDisguise
March 9th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Katze, simply: :D

TyagoN
March 9th, 2009, 03:25 PM
That is funny.

AmyJorgensen
March 9th, 2009, 03:40 PM
My sweetie secretly read the forum when I had it up and was out of the room. Now he has started WO washing. :P

jojo
March 9th, 2009, 03:58 PM
that made me smile! good old sir is always right!!

Pixna
March 9th, 2009, 04:12 PM
That's hilarious!!! Go, Mr. Katze, go!!!

BlackfootHair
March 9th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Hahaha..that's hilarious. :)

s_tresses
March 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
lol hehe they are probably still wondering what the REAL secret is.

xeternalsilence
March 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM
:D

I recently found out that DBF had a conversation about using mayonnaise for a cheap hair treatment with a lady he works with. ;)

JamieLeigh
March 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Haha! How awesome!! I'm in a similar position...my DH makes fun of me for being so concerned over my hair. But last week, he actually did a honey-conditioner mask on his goatee. LOL. He looked really funny with a showercap rubber-banded to his chin. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ratgirldjh
March 9th, 2009, 06:14 PM
that is so cool! i have tried many times to get my bf to either use a poo bar or even soap to wash his ringlets - he tried CO and his hair looked amazing! but he just won't believe me that he doesn't need to use harsh shampoo on his curls. so he just globs a big handful of cheap SLS shampoo on his head and kind of smears it in and then dips his head in the bathtub to rinse and then wonders why his hair is so dry and frizzy....

i bet those girls may listen to your bf because they asked him what he did - he didn't just tell them what to do....

skay
March 9th, 2009, 10:56 PM
:D Great story - thanks for sharing.

Sometimes things in life are just not complicated. ;)