PDA

View Full Version : Hey does anyone know any good recipes to thicken hair

IneedThickHAIR
March 31st, 2008, 10:32 PM
My hair is currently very thin on top towards the crown escpecially towards the hair line. Just seeking some recipes that could thicken and make hair stronger.

THX YOU!!!!:D

Delilah
March 31st, 2008, 10:57 PM
There's a ton of good recipes in the "Recipes, Henna, and Herbal Haircare" subforum.

FaeryTails
April 1st, 2008, 03:06 AM
You may want to see a dermatologist, just to make sure that
there are no underlying health reasons for the thinning.

Nat242
April 1st, 2008, 03:44 AM
Scalp massage, some essential oils and herbs may help you develop thickness, as will better hair care techniques (designed to reduce shedding and breakage, helping you keep what thickness you have).

Check out the "Recipes, Henna, and Herbal Haircare" section as Delilah recommended. However, also remember that you may never have super-thick hair, but there are lots of fine-haired, long-haired beauties on this forum that are great role models. You can still grow long, gorgeous hair, even without "thick" hair.

-- Natalie

Emme76
April 1st, 2008, 04:52 AM
I also have thin hair and very fine. I know your feeling. I would love something that would really really work and in no time :)!
Now I realize that it is all about how I take care fo my hair. I done so many things before that been damaging for it and therefor it has also been thinner than it really is. I also have layers that make it a bit more thin at the ends.

What works for me to make my hair healthier is:
-I eat hair vitamines
- No blowdrying (if I do it, on low heat and with a boar bristle brush
- I do oilings, coconut oil, oliveoil...also honey and aloe.
My hair tends to like protein once in a while so I do oliveoil mixed with an egg.
- I am going to try the cassia treatment to see if that helps make it thicker.
- A good healty schampoo and conditioner. I am now trying CO (only conditioner).
- I also try to treat my hair very gentle, and to put it up more.

All these advice I got from experts here on LHC :cheese:!

I think you have to lissen to your hair and what it needs. Try one thing at a time. Some hair loves cones...other hate it! Find out what yours likes. Takes some patience - but it is worth it.

/Emme

wintersun99
April 1st, 2008, 09:21 AM
I have read member reports that using Cassia Obavata (read the thread here and on H4H) has thickened users hair, some significantly. You don't mention your hair color, but Cassia is supposed to be colorless (if you use it immediately) and/also deposit a light yellow dye (if you prepare it for dye release) ... maybe an option, as well.