PDA

View Full Version : Long hair moment! *finally*

Heavenly Locks
March 8th, 2009, 09:29 PM
LOL

Only on of 'us' could be happy about such a trivial thing, but yesterday I closed some hair in the car door. Above my head, out the window. YAY! I got it out and was rubbing my head, but I was smiling the whole time. :)

My hair is only at 24" but I am a shorter girl so it's lower BSL for me! I'm only 5 inches from waist...

What were some of your 'finally a long hair' moments?

joyellen
March 8th, 2009, 09:34 PM
As silly as it sounds, it makes me happy when I can see the ends of my hair peeking below my armpits :p That hasn't happened in years so it makes me feel like I have long hair!

Nevermore
March 8th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Congrats on your long hair moment! I did that too, several times, around your length.

My most recent hair moments have been getting my braided pigtails trapped between my belly and thighs and everyone I work with asking how long my hair was, me telling them and them saying, "wow, that's long.".

Juneii
March 8th, 2009, 10:21 PM
ahaha, that happened to me a few weeks ago in my school's parking lot. there were a ton of students there too because it was right after class ended. Totally NOT graceful, it hurt and I was embarrassed too.

a long hair moment for me was when I walked to my locker and noticed my shadow on the ground. the angle made my hair looked like it was at waist - I didn't realize my hair was that long - and kept staring at my shadow until I ran into another student. I was so happy though :]

Juneii
March 8th, 2009, 10:23 PM
ahaha, that happened to me a few weeks ago in my school's parking lot. there were a ton of students there too because it was right after class ended. Totally NOT graceful, it hurt and I was embarrassed too.

a long hair moment for me was when I walked to my locker and noticed my shadow on the ground. the angle made my hair looked like it was at waist - I didn't realize my hair was that long - and kept staring at my shadow until I ran into another student. I was so happy though :]

Omens
March 8th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Long hair moments are great, aren't they?

Yesterday when I was in the car, my hair started tickling my lower back. My shirt was hiked up a bit (I was groggy; I had been sleeping), and it KEPT wiggling. Given that I wasn't all there at the time, I didn't realize that it only happened when I moved my head to look at the scenery. I started slapping at it and freaking out. Thought it was a spider. I can't tell you how many times I've had spiders crawl over my face or somewhere else on my body.... Ick.

I didn't realize my hair was that long....

P.S. I know all about car windows, epecially electric ones. I also am well aquainted with fans. *shudders*

Aditi
March 9th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Congrats on your long hair moment, its nice to know that your only a couple of inches away from waist. My long hair moment was when on my birthday everyone came upto me and complimented that my hair length has increased a lot then the last time they saw me. And when i checked in mirror i was only three inches away from my waist :), right now i am only a inch away from reaching waist.

Hatsumomo
March 9th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Haha mine would have to be the car door moment but that was at the length my hair was when I first joined. I cut back to 23 inches in October so it'll probably happen again some time:).

Chrissy
March 9th, 2009, 04:37 AM
When mine was 29" I always thought when my hair tickled my arms it was a bug. :) I can't wait for that to happen again. Isn't it nice we can share these things on here that no one else but another member would understand. Congrats on your long hair moment!!!!

Copasetic
March 9th, 2009, 08:24 AM
The other day I was having coffee with a friend, and when I let my hair out of the clip it was in to fix it, she said "Look at that long and luscious hair" I think it was the first time anyone has called my hair "long."

peachrose
March 9th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I agree, I like seeing my hair past my armpits from the front. My other long hair moment was reaching up to stratch my back and feeling my hair at BSL. Gotta love it!

scalawaggirl
March 9th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Congratulations, HH! Great, isn't it? :) I love seeing my hair peek out from my back - that's the first thing that made me feel it was actually getting long.

I'm anxiously awaiting waist 2", then hip 4", then tailbone 6". :D

Hay22
March 9th, 2009, 09:08 AM
My first ever long-hair moment was a few weeks ago, when my hair got stuck under my arm for the first time. Now it keeps happening!

Also, one of my coworkers always talks about my "thick, flowing mane of gorgeous hair" and plays with it as she walks by. In this area, BSL is pretty long.

Morningglory
March 9th, 2009, 09:32 AM
One of the first moments for me, is when I look down and I can actually see my hair resting on my chest. That is the first feeling that my hair is long. Last year I finally had my hair rest in the crease of my arm at my elbow, that was a good long hair moment of feeling like it was long! I had waited years for it to reach my elbow it was a great milestone!:crush: And, having my hair touch my lower back was a good moment too, I am waiting to grow back to hip! So, mostly the longer my hair gets as it reaches new body parts gives me new moments that feel so good.

But, I suppose when I started needing to tie back my hair at the stove because it would get too close to the flame on the range was a long hair moment!:redgrin:

AnneAdeline
March 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Congrats on the long hair moment! A few months ago I was wearing my hair down and it kept getting caught in my armpits. It was annoying, but I was also quite happy because it hadn't happened before.

neon-dream
March 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM
when my hair touches my elbows :D

Naava
March 9th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Now that I think about it, I haven't had any long hair moments yet... But my hair is getting longer all the time, so it has to happen at some point :D

So I congratulate everyone who has had that experience :)

Yellowmoon
March 9th, 2009, 03:06 PM
It was at the cinema. The film was over, we wanted to go and my hair was stuck under the back rest. Not really funny and caused some "traffic jam", but anyway I was smiling because I thought now I am a real long hair ...

Spike
March 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM
P.S. I know all about car windows, epecially electric ones. I also am well aquainted with fans. *shudders*

EEEEEEK!!!! Ok, I'm acquainted with candles and incense . . . why does this joss stick smell like burning hair . . . uh-oh!:agape:

JamieLeigh
March 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I haven't had it shorter than about 2" above waist in 11 years (and before I cut it to that length, it was at knee), but I've only ventured past tailbone in the past year or so. So for me, it was when I was sitting on the couch, and one of my kids walked behind me...and she STEPPED on my hair. I was so excited!! :cheese:

JamieLeigh
March 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM
....and congratulations on your long hair moment!!!!! :D :hifive:

Teresa9000
March 9th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Congratulations!

My first one was a few weeks ago at work when this really sweet assistant named Joy commented on how long my hair is getting (it's about bsl now, and was neck when she met me) and asked how long I was going for. I indicated my waist and she said, "Wow, you'll be there in no time!" I was smiling the rest of the day :)

ETA: Around that same time, I was finally able to put my hair up in a bun with a hair fork and it STAYED ALL DAY! This may be more due to my lack of hair accessory eloquence than to my length, but I think maybe my ends were finally able to be "tucked in" sufficiently.

MadPirateBippy
March 9th, 2009, 05:49 PM
When I went to brush away an annoying shed hair that was tickling my leg... and it was attached to my head.

That was pretty cool.

Another one was tossing and turning and not being able to get comfortable in bed because the mattress was lumpy and poking me in the back... well the mattress WAS lumpy, but the lump that was causing me problems was my braid!

DragonLady
March 9th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I keep thinking I *wish* for a long-hair moment, but I guess I do have them.

Catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror, naked, and realizing my hair covers my breasts. Or lying on my tummy and feeling my hair splay out over my back like a thin blanket.

But, I'm really looking forward to knee-length. Sometimes, I think I should be at least classic by now, and am briefly disappointed when I see how far I have to go to get there. :(

Coriander
March 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM
When I was at an appointment today and realized that my hair was starting to pile in my lap :D

(I usually wear it up but had it down for drying. I was running late, as usual.)

Reptilia
March 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM
haha, that's funny, I did the same thing yesterday! It kind of hurt, lol. But I was a bit excited it was long enough to do that, lol.

Bubbleguppy
March 9th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Congrats! lol. I think mine was when my hair started getting stuck under my arms, haha! I'm short as well. I haven't measured my hair but it's only a couple inches away from waist for me though I know it'd be shorter than taller people at waist, but it works for me! :D

YogaGirl59
March 9th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I had something very similar happen. It was super windy the other day and as I got in my car the wind blew my hair up as I shut the door and it caught my hair...Yikes! This was in my little sports car, probably wouldn't happen in a bigger car.

Also, a couple of mornings ago I turned my head as I was applying deodorant and got it in my hair. That was a big first for me so now I'm more careful.

jera
March 10th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Awesome. Don't you just love thos long hair compliments? :D

chelssix
March 10th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Congrats!
My moments are when my hair gets caught under my armpit, or trapped up against the back of my chair.
I usually feel a bit silly for getting so excited!

BlackfootHair
March 10th, 2009, 06:07 AM
My hair isn't really long yet, but it has grown enough I can put it in a pony tail! :)

atlantaz3
March 10th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Under the arm pit was a shock at first now I've done it a few times = watch out for the spaghetti strap tops! Any time I feel my hair on my back. I've been waiting for the elbow moment. Instead of waist length I'm going for elbow lenght!
Congrats on the moment!

InTheCity
March 10th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Congrats on your long hair moment. Lots of these moments are pretty funny :D

Lately, I've been having moments with sitting down and feeling my hair trapped behind me; having to watch when I shave my armpits; and getting it stuck under my DBFs arms/shoulders.

steff8ryan
March 10th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Congratulations on your long hair moment !! :cheese:
My closest friend came around last weekend and said my pony tail looks like the long fake pony tails we used to attach while we were in school, i was very pleased hehe !

Stephanie xx

Jules diamond
March 10th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I had one when I had my hair in a clip and it went over the clip and touched the end of my neck. That's where it was when it was almost at its longest!

and another recently when I found that I can do odango (twin buns on the top of the head. Sometimes 'anime buns'). Now if only I could keep them secured.

NeilTheFuzz
March 10th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I remember a while ago, I was practising guitar and I could hear "noise". So I spent ages looking at the ends of my lead checking the guitar and amp, only to realise that it was my hair brushing at the neck of the guitar. For hair that's a pretty long way down! :cheese:

LadyLongLocks
March 11th, 2009, 06:08 AM
My most recent long hair moment is when I actually felt it touching the back of my knees. What a strange yet wonderful feeling.