PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me for I have sinned... (my poor hair!)

ilovelonghair
March 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Hair sins:

-I haven't used a wide toothed comb for ages, instead I used a brush and snappped hairs
-I have washed my hair too often
-I wore it loose too often
-I haven't taken care of it
-I haven't used catnip, so now I'm having a head full of split ends

I seriously have to do something about this! It's a miracle my hair is still getting thicker and growing nicely...

Anyone else has hair sins to confess?

Heavenly Locks
March 8th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I brushed through it wet yesterday with a plastic nub ended brush! *gasp*

(thank goodness it was conditioned well and didn't catch at all, but I was so worried! I need a new brush!!)

LHGypsyRose
March 8th, 2009, 08:56 PM
-I have gotten iritated with tangles and just yanked through
my hair with a comb cursing as I went:( (Luckily I have been
very patient for the last few months)

-I have gotten too obssesed with hair products while trying
to find something more natural and avoid chemicals.

-I haven't been taking my hair vitamins everyday scince I hate
taking any kind of vitamins or even medicine!

-I wore my hair down to much last week, because I hate
feeling like I'm hiding it when I know it's so beautiful.

spidermom
March 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I've washed or rinsed it every single day for weeks now. (hard workouts; lots of sweat)

rossjen
March 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I need to be much gentler with it when combing/detangling. Also, I've been known to pile my hair up on top of my head when shampooing.

RancheroTheBee
March 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Flat-ironed the other day. Uhm, actually, twice in a fortnight.

I've been washing it too often. :( But I just love clean hair so much.

Snapped a hair or two by running my fingers through it too fast.

feralnature
March 8th, 2009, 09:14 PM
let's see....actually, I have been pretty good. I have been neglectful in a good way. I put it in two pigtails and left it for days. :)

jojo
March 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Ok heres mine;
I havent taken any vitamins in 2 weeks
I have washed it way too much
I have blown dried it once and straightened it without any protection
I have yanked knots out
I have pulled at split ends
I have wore it down all the time

Hair I am soooooo sorry, will be good from now on!

Copasetic
March 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I flat ironed it about 2 weeks ago.
I haven't done an S and D in ages.

Wanderer09
March 8th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Rough detangling! It makes me cringe when hear the hairs snap, but I still do it. :(

s_tresses
March 8th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Used Sulfates
Havent S&D'ed
Pretty much just left it alone which is not always a bad thing

alligatorbaby23
March 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Flat ironed a few days ago. But I made up! Trimmed my ends whilst they were nice and straight. Also switched to shampoo bars recently. Yum! One bar for mane and tail, literally!
I am sorry , dear hair, I pledge to only do this once / twice a year... But I promise when I *fry* you. (my mother always says that when she is p'ed, how fitting!) that I will do my best to hug and love and squeeze you, for ever and ever!!

BellaB
March 8th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Hmm I have very naturally straight hair, but I would blow dry my head upside down with cold air, which created flips at the ends of my otherwise straight hair, which I then flat ironed on high heat *blush* I still do blow dry and flat iron once in a blue moon, when I need to be somewhere asap and my hair is soaked!

rose_in_bloom
March 8th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Sulfates, some rough combing, washing too often, not taking vitamins and eating too much junk food... :( Poor hair! I'll try to treat you better.

Omens
March 8th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I used my flat iron for the first time in ages.... Twice. Once at night, then again in the morning. I changed the setting up to 15 even though I knew it was a bad idea---I was being impatient. I burned my fingers just running them through my hair, so I can only imagine what it must have done to my hair. The ends were so coarse yesterday, after months of softness....

That hair iron goes up to 25. I'm so glad I resisted the urge to set it higher. :o

ilovelonghair
March 8th, 2009, 11:21 PM
So many sinners! I guess I probably have another one: I never take supplements. Is that really needed?

RancheroTheBee
March 8th, 2009, 11:24 PM
So many sinners! I guess I probably have another one: I never take supplements. Is that really needed?

You know, I'm not sure. I mean, I have a pretty good diet, so I don't feel the need, but DBF tries to get me to. :rolleyes:

If you feel your diet is lacking, or if you're restricting your caloric intake, you might want to look into it.

ilovelonghair
March 10th, 2009, 05:03 AM
I heard kelp is good and I did something stupid: I went to the healthfood store to get advise on kelp and the guy said to buy loose kelp because you could put it in food and that it was great in salads etc. I can tell you: that kelp was the grossest stuff you can imagine, it completely ruins food! Even when you use a little. So I should buy the tablets one day, if I don't forget LOL

Monsterkitti
March 10th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Not being careful enough detangling and putting hair up and down all day in differnet updos, cant be good for it :/

Being too lazy to go buy some more monistat to restart applications.

Milui Elenath
March 10th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Forgive me hair, for running a lice comb through you without care or conditioner after already damaging you with said lice comb with conditioner. This sin is doubly bad as I had just joined this site because of the damage and knew better. :(

I will make up for it by taking good care of you from now on and treating you like the proverbial silk you should/will be. And doing my first Henna. :)

But at least you are lice free!

pdy2kn6
March 10th, 2009, 05:31 AM
don't worry...you can always repent for your sins.lhc heres to help

oogie
March 10th, 2009, 05:32 AM
-not taken vitamins in months

-not used wide toothed comb to detangle

-putting my hair up in clip/claws and basically paying it no attention

-i've not done a s&d in more than four months.

I know the penance - 40 lashes across the naked eyeball with a wet noodle... I'll get started on it right away... *sigh*

pdy2kn6
March 10th, 2009, 05:52 AM
mine are:
not doing S AND D in a very long time,
determination to make my hair blond the sun (1.5 years ago, which im still getting the repercussions of)
previously using a tight cotton headband to tie up my bun (last semester), very tightly on my hair follicles.

Changes for the future:
SD everymonth, allocating a time i can spend doing it
hair always up using ONLY sticks or forks (new 60th street one of course)
less handling of it on a day to day basis
try and forget about it
combing it less

BlndeInDisguise
March 10th, 2009, 06:22 AM
-Detangling roughly
-Not giving my hair the moisture it needs
-Washing too often

I'm sorry hair! :(

Samitra
March 10th, 2009, 06:32 AM
- playing with my hair constantly; detangling, braiding, twisting...
- letting my boyfriend play with my hair at all times, and sometimes he detangles it and rips trough the little knots of hair
- not s&d-ing as often as I should

I'll try to stop playing, and to start s&d more often. But I really enjoy someone else playing with my hair, so that is a "sin" I won't do anything to stop.

sandigirl
March 10th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Probably just brushing too roughly/quickly.
I lose less hair using a soft, well-broken-in plastic bristle brush than a comb.
I just started taking a multivitamin despite my HATING to take ANYTHING. Have you ever noticed the hair and nails of the women taking prenatal vitamins? They glow. I often forget to take them. I HATE pills of every kind.

twilight
March 10th, 2009, 06:37 AM
...not cutting as much as i needed to, still having velcro & tangles as a result

...brushing too much because of said tangles

...not using my fox's shea treatment often enough

...not S&Ding like i should (i get so carried away!)

but i am down to washes every 3-4 days, which is unprecedented for me AND i did get a trim in february... i hope that counts as some kind of mitigation.

Anje
March 10th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Combing from top to bottom, then detangling the bottom.... I really need to learn not to do this, no matter how gentle I try to be.

brok3nwings
March 10th, 2009, 06:47 AM
heheh this is nice
these are my hair sins:

havent taken any vitamins (hair and health sin here)
drinking with my friends all weekends (again health)
use it loose almost all the time
havent made my braid to sleep

Milui Elenath
March 10th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Sorry I had another and I must confess

I previously cut my hair for years with paper/kitchen scissors ( and occasionally split ends with nail clippers -not the scissor kind - :disbelief ) I have repented and bought hair scissors.

KajiKodomo
March 10th, 2009, 07:01 AM
-I keep cutting it, no matter how much I know that I prefer it long.
-I dry it roughly after the shower.
-I dye it with the cheapest hairdye from the store.
-I brush it when it's wet (but at least the bristles are far apart on my brush, haha).
-I don't take any vitamins.

taliarose
March 10th, 2009, 07:09 AM
- I have been wearing you loose at work in the winter which tangles you horribly.
- I have not oiled as often as I should...
- I have neglected to take my vitamins.

Pixna
March 10th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I must admit I've been pretty good. :wannabe:

Well, that's if you don't count The Hair Massacre of 2007! :hatchet:

Other than that, my worst sin of late has been combing from top to bottom while forgetting to detangle first. :brains:

LittleOrca
March 10th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I wear my hair loose in the pool even though I got a swim cap, I have blow dried my hair after swimming (after my swimming cleansing routine) and I can't stand my wide-toothed comb at times and I detangle with a medium-small one.

gallows_gallery
March 10th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I've lost my wide tooth comb, so I've ripped a nasty plastic hairbrush through it, WET, after the shower.
Every time I get sick of knots I just shower and condition it - then lose 50000 hairs brushing it out after.
I can never be bothered plaiting it before bed, so I sleep with it loose, and turn it into a huge dreadlock.
When I can't be bothered getting all the knots out I just drag the comb down to shoulder length, then pin up the knotty bit in a messy bun.

happymommy
March 10th, 2009, 09:53 AM
-I put it in a ponytail and then tighten it by splitting the 'tail and pulling. It's a horrible habit and I'm having such a hard time breaking it!!

-I S&D'd with clippers at work.

-I've totally skipped any deep treatments for the past month.

Rohele
March 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Forgive me hair, for I have sinned, it is about -40 here today (bleck) and I wore you loose and hanging out of my scarf and you froze, but you did keep me warm.

ratgirldjh
March 10th, 2009, 10:19 AM
oh geez
now i am embarrassed
i was washing my hair everyday for a few weeks
trying too many things too fast
brushing my hair and not using a comb at all
not wearing my hair up as often as i should - which causes me to obsess about it

but i think i am now tired of messing with my hair and will just start putting it up and let it grow!

ilovelonghair
March 11th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Not being careful enough detangling and putting hair up and down all day in differnet updos, cant be good for it :/

Being too lazy to go buy some more monistat to restart applications.

mine are:
not doing S AND D in a very long time,

- playing with my hair constantly; detangling, braiding, twisting...

Combing from top to bottom, then detangling the bottom.

havent made my braid to sleep

-I brush it when it's wet (but at least the bristles are far apart on my brush, haha).

-I put it in a ponytail and then tighten it by splitting the 'tail and pulling. It's a horrible habit and I'm having such a hard time breaking it!!

not wearing my hair up as often as i should

OH NOOOOO: I'm guilty of all of this as well.... I just realised when reading this
*turns around and sneaks away in shame*

Ndnlady
March 11th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I have not been taking care of my ends like I should, and my ends are all dry and kind of crinkley, they feel rather gross actually.
Have not done my avocado deep conditioning treatment (and now my avocado I was going to use is mushy and destroyed and definitley not putting it in my hair now)..bad procrastinator I am!:rolleyes:

Nes
March 11th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I blow fried my hair twice last week... from dripping wet.

I'm paying the price for it now though. Dry crunchy, crinkly, almost...sticky feeling hair.

I must start taking my hair vitamins again. And try out the catnip I bought. And start doing deep treatments again. And SMT's, and buy some scissors for S&D.

Bad bad bad Nes. Maybe I should be dragged over hot coals or something?!

Nes x

Tressie
March 11th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Detangling in a hurry, too quickly, aned roughly! Snapping hairs and dragging out enough hair and sheds to make a hair pillow............maybe I need to wear a hair shirt in penance?! (o;

I haven't oiled as I should, and I haven't done any deep condition.......dry hair.

I have lost my satin sleep cap! Went I went back to the store where I bought it, they were sold out..........GRRRR!

On the plus side, I have manipulated it less! Maybe I deserve 30 lashes rather than 40???

I'm sorry poor hair!!! Oh, I don't get enough sleep and I don't take my vitamins, and I don't eat a very well balanced diet! Here endeth my sad tale!!

punkgirl89
March 11th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Manic Panic Bleach!!! Ack!!!

Susana
March 11th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Ok Here it goes:

I have yanked at knots and ran my fingers through it waaaay too often and pulled out a lot of hair.
I am doing WO and I don't know if its good or not because after 2 months my hair seems to be getting way worse and greasy which has lead to frustrated reactions and very literally hair pulling.

I am sorry....

marajade
March 11th, 2009, 10:56 PM
I let the hairdresser blow dry and flat iron my hair today (It was fun and so worth it).
I've been using my hairbrush a lot lately even though my hair hates it!
I shampoo my hair more than I like.
I've slacked on doing deep treatments.