PDA

View Full Version : 6 month anniversary !!!!!! w/ pictures

melrose1985
March 8th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I have made it!!!! This is 6 months since my last hair cut and 5 months from my last hair dying!!!

I love seeing other updates and what not so I figured I would share so that other people with chin-ish length hair know that there is hope that it will grow.

Thanks everyone for keeping my motivated not to cut and color, and all the wonderful advise for hair I have been getting here.

Oh and thanks for help me make it though the workday when I’m bored out of my mind!!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1610&pictureid=23133
^ this is where I started. The bob!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2057&pictureid=33703
^This my hair from the cut in September 2008 till now. I think I might actually reach APL by next September!! My hair will actually feel long by my birthday.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2057&pictureid=33710
^my hair in the sun light. It mostly always looks blackish on the ends from the last dye job.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1609&pictureid=18914
^And of course this is what it looked like last summer before completely wrecking it with perms and straighten chemicals! No worries I’m back on my way to it and this time my hair will be that much better because I don’t use the iron or color it anymore. Oh and my wallet thanks me for not dying my hair anymore, that was getting so expensive.

Thank you so much everyone!!!!:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::chees e::cheese:

RancheroTheBee
March 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Yay! :cheese:

That's very nice growth. You hair looks great.

AmselJoey
March 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Congratulations on all your growth! What awesome progress. Hooray for healthy hair! :D :joy:

(On an unrelated note) Your dog in your avitar is absolutely adorable. He, or she, reminds me of my own little dog.

spidermom
March 8th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Good growth! Your hair also looked cute in the short, dark bob; so wow - you can't go wrong.

lapushka
March 8th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Great progress, congratulations!

melrose1985
March 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm super excited about it.

Spidermom- i always wanted a bob, i liked it a lot but it so much work for me in the morning, longer hair for me is FAR faster in the morning.

Radulfr
March 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Congratulations on your hair-growing progress! Looks good!

skay
March 8th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Congrats on not dying your hair or cutting! You're getting there.

I like how you're brown hair looks so bright in the sun. :)

Ryanne
March 9th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Nice growth, congratulations!

Chrissy
March 9th, 2009, 05:06 AM
It's looking really good. Keep up the good work. It will pay off.

paper
March 9th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Wow, your hair really has grown alot. Congrats! You hair is only going to get prettier longer. Good luck!

Johanna64
March 9th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Congratulations,your hair looks great!! :)

DavidN
March 9th, 2009, 07:13 AM
You have come such a long ways in only 6 months, Melrose1985, and look at that beautiful shine!

LutraLutra
March 9th, 2009, 07:24 AM
That's loads of excellent growth, brilliant! :D

melrose1985
March 9th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks again everyone. It's funny though, because i can't wait for the year mark so i can cut out most of the damage and start growing again! After that i will do another year of no cutting.
In the end though i think i will always have layers, i like them, i just need to get rid of the damage ends.

Fencai
March 9th, 2009, 07:50 AM
congrats! That's exciting indeed!

SweetPea88
March 9th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Looks great! I'm sure you'll be at your goals in no time! :)

amaiaisabella
March 9th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Yay! Congrats! When I get your letter, I'll write back with a little present inside to celebrate! :D

AnneAdeline
March 9th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Happy six months! It's a gorgeous color in the sunlight.

Pixna
March 9th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Good for you!!! It's so exciting to see progress, isn't it? You're on your way!!!

JamieLeigh
March 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Congratulations on your beautiful growth, and happy 6-month anniversary! Thanks for sharing the photos; keep growing long and strong!!! :D :toast:

melrose1985
March 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Good for you!!! It's so exciting to see progress, isn't it? You're on your way!!!

That's why i figured i would post. I loved see others journeys because it gives me hope when i think my hair stinks.

Fillette
March 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
that's some great progress! Congrats!

Reptilia
March 9th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Wow! What a difference!

manderly
March 9th, 2009, 10:35 PM
It looks great! And you're very pretty and have a cute fashion sense :D

melrose1985
March 10th, 2009, 07:29 AM
It looks great! And you're very pretty and have a cute fashion sense :D

Thanks!!! Manderly since i had seen that you are from Hawaii, i must say that i was there last year, i have a cousin who lived there because of the Service. If it wasnt so expensive i would move there in a heartbeat! Hawaii is the most amazing place i have been. It's beautiful.