PDA

View Full Version : GORGEOUS Hairstyle Tutorial - Vintage!

Áine
March 31st, 2008, 09:16 PM
Oh my goodness, I just stumbled across an awesome hair tutorial on doing a vintage hairstyle. I have always wanted to learn how to properly do it. I think she is going to become a fast favorite of mine on YouTube. :cheese:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rl3w6g1CGc&NR=1

Catladyintown
March 31st, 2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks so much Aine. I love the video. Music is great also.:)

Delilah
March 31st, 2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the link, I would love to try that once my bangs are a bit longer.
That girl has amazing hair too. I'm sure she heat styles and uses all kinds of products, but damn, that's nice glossy hair.

lynnala
March 31st, 2008, 10:48 PM
Great tutorial! And don't you just love, after we are here agonizing over brushes, no brushes, perfect brushes, she just tears that round thing through her hair and has that beautiful long hair!:mad:

TheHippieChick
April 1st, 2008, 12:07 AM
soo great! My bangs are just the length! Can't wait to give it a go! So many stopping stages as well! She could have left it a couple of times and it looked great!

manderly
April 1st, 2008, 02:34 AM
I love all her hair videos. She's really fantastic.

k_hepburn
April 1st, 2008, 03:19 AM
Great tutorial. And she really does have amazingly shiny hair. It must be quite thick, too.

Thanks for pointing it out to us!

katharine

levelek
April 1st, 2008, 03:37 AM
Wow thanks so much for posting this! I haven't seen her videos before. I wonder if I could do this without bangs, just curling the front section a few more times. Must try :D

seabear
April 1st, 2008, 04:20 AM
Darn, that's cute! Must try!

Remke
April 1st, 2008, 05:12 AM
Whohooo, the music :cheer: Looks very cute, she's got very pretty hair!

Katze
April 1st, 2008, 05:39 AM
that's cool, thanks!

I'd use my mister (water, GR conditioner, aloe, deep conditioner) instead of hairspray but I might put gel in the hair first. I would do this on dirty hair rather than clean hair to keep it smoother.

Looks like a fun 'do for going out; might just have to try this tonight.

n3m3sis42
April 1st, 2008, 06:30 AM
Great tutorial! And don't you just love, after we are here agonizing over brushes, no brushes, perfect brushes, she just tears that round thing through her hair and has that beautiful long hair!:mad:

I was thinking the same thing when I watched the video. No fair!

FrannyG
April 1st, 2008, 06:39 AM
That's just adorable. I think I'm a bit over the age where I could pull that off without looking like Bette Davis gone awry, but I'd love to see some of the young ones try that style.

Silver & Gold
April 1st, 2008, 06:45 AM
I have seen several of this woman's hair videos. She seems so very sweet and she knows a lot of innovative ways to style hair. I think the first video I ever saw her do was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50yw2W5F_z8

I think it's worth taking the time to watch her other videos as well. She's very careful about explaining things and therefore, very easy to follow. She's the kind of big sister we all should have had, no?

homeschoolmama
April 1st, 2008, 06:52 AM
Ohh, thank you! My bangs are PERFECT! I'll have to try this :)
love,
mom

LuXious
April 1st, 2008, 09:52 AM
Man. Wish I'd seen this before my wedding. Oh well. Great. Now I have a reason to lose even more hours of my sleeping time to YouTube.

Mahars
April 1st, 2008, 10:57 AM
Genius. It's amazing how creative some women are. I don't think I've ever been able to come up with a hairstyle like that.

Tristessa
April 1st, 2008, 02:21 PM
So nice. bookmarking it! What a talented lady.

lilalong
April 1st, 2008, 03:00 PM
VEry nice. I might try it on the weekend.

DolphinPrincess
April 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM
That is so gorgeous! I think I'd do a low bun to finish it off, because of my lack of length. Although I'm not sure if I could even hide my bangs in it... Hmmmm... Will have to experiment!!:D

*BelievingAgain
April 1st, 2008, 03:41 PM
Thank you for sharing!! Lol she is absolutely someone I'd love to have as a big sister....and yes, such amazingly shiny hair!!!
Jess:flower:

CountessDeJager
April 1st, 2008, 03:44 PM
Thank you so much for posting this, Áine. I'd never thought to check YouTube out for styling instructions and I understand much better with videos than descriptions or even still pictures.

FroandBeyond
April 1st, 2008, 04:08 PM
O I've seen this link before. I think it is gorgeous, I plan on doing this style with my hair soon.

Chamomile betty
April 1st, 2008, 05:21 PM
Thank you.
It's a beautiful style!

anna1850
April 1st, 2008, 08:04 PM
Wow!

I've got a bit annoyed looking at videos on YouTube recently because almost all seem to involve a lot of teasing and heat-styling which would really make me cringe and you couldn't do the styles without damaging your hair so that would be frustrating - but these seem very hair-friendly. I've looked at a couple of her other ones too. I might have a go at one of them tomorrow morning.

Thanks for posting this - great find :)

TheHippieChick
April 1st, 2008, 08:21 PM
Thank you again for posting! This was so much fun! I can't rememebr the last time I was excited to try and do my hair! It turned out ok...need more bobby pins. :D I ended up using to cloisonne combs for the sides. I like it like that. Going to try and perfect it! Thanx again!

CurlyNinja
April 1st, 2008, 09:07 PM
This one is super cute too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpEtQ8nIWCA

It looks great, but easier than a crown braid and probably possible for those of us with shorter hair!

Poolsoflaughter
April 1st, 2008, 09:23 PM
That's just so fun to watch, I wonder if I could pull it off with fine hair?!? :rolleyes:(running off to try it out!) ;)

coppercurls
April 1st, 2008, 09:39 PM
That would be so cute with a snood! Thank you so much for posting.:)

sahiba
April 1st, 2008, 09:47 PM
I also feel that its a cute hairstyle. Thanks for posting. Got to run and try it.