PDA

View Full Version : Antique Hair Find

LittleOrca
March 8th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I went to a HUGE antique show here in Oregon yesterday. I was on the prowl for hair combs, and I did find some, but they were so out of my price range. :sad:

Something I did find, but still didn't buy, was this hair color treatment. I couldn't find a date on it to place it's exact time, but nonetheless I thought it was interesting and your lovely people here would get a little kick out of seeing it!

http://www.freewebs.com/tirisfalglade/AntiqueHairColor.JPG

Flaxen
March 8th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Neat! I love the original price, too. :thumbsup:

jera
March 8th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I've never seen anything like that before. :p Thanks for sharing.

ratgirldjh
March 8th, 2009, 02:42 PM
wow - very cool!

Carolyn
March 8th, 2009, 02:47 PM
That is very cool. It looks to be from the late 40s to mid 50s. I recall the Nestle brand from when I was a little kid.

I like looking for old hair goodies at antique shows too. I look for old hair toys and hair recievers. Fun!

Copasetic
March 8th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Those look so cool!

Debra83
March 8th, 2009, 03:01 PM
What's inside the capsules?

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2009, 03:14 PM
What's inside the capsules?

Somekind of tinting liquid. With lanolin and esters :)

elizza
March 8th, 2009, 08:11 PM
The inside liquid looks quite yellow though it says "Platinum" on the package. I wonder if it was some sort of shampoo. Would really like to know about that liquid's ingredients back then.

Stevy
March 9th, 2009, 05:10 AM
What a great pic - thanks for sharing! I don't think I'd want to buy and use it after all this time, though... :)

Sissy
March 9th, 2009, 05:12 AM
wow... vintage!

Isilme
March 9th, 2009, 05:50 AM
hm, Nestle, don't they make ice tea or something? Do I dare to drink their stuff now? ;) Or wait, the tea brand, was that Nestlé?

Chrissy
March 9th, 2009, 06:00 AM
I love going to antique shops. They are so much fun. Sometimes I see stuff in there that I had growing up!!! Geesh!! I guess I'm an antique too. :)

Carolyn
March 9th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I love going to antique shops. They are so much fun. Sometimes I see stuff in there that I had growing up!!! Geesh!! I guess I'm an antique too. :):D Isn't that scary? Sometimes I find stuff that I am still using and I didn't know it was old and an antique.

liseling
March 9th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I love how it "lasts through three shampoos!" That would be an incentive to wash your hair less - I dont think I could be bothered to re-dye my hair after every three shampoos.

GlennaGirl
March 9th, 2009, 08:39 AM
hm, Nestle, don't they make ice tea or something? Do I dare to drink their stuff now? ;) Or wait, the tea brand, was that Nestlé?

Are you thinking of Nestea? :D Although the Nestle brand name is for chocolate (and other foods)...not much better!

OP, that is so sweet...thanks for sharing!

elizza
April 12th, 2009, 06:23 PM

Actually Nestlé is a shareholder of L'Oréal
http://www.nestle.com/MediaCenter/PressReleases/AllPressReleases/lOréalRelationshipNewBasis-3Feb03.htm

;)
google came up with this nice accessory (amongst others)
http://www.cachebeauty.com/Nestle_color_comb_blk.jpg

naturalme
April 12th, 2009, 06:53 PM
What a great pic - thanks for sharing! I don't think I'd want to buy and use it after all this time, though... :)

Yeah, can you imagine? It has probably turned to acid and would cause your hair to fall out! :(

I love how it "lasts through three shampoos!" That would be an incentive to wash your hair less - I dont think I could be bothered to re-dye my hair after every three shampoos.

I suppose "way back then" people might only have washed their hair once a week, so you'd only need to do the colour once a month?

What a great find!

JamieLeigh
April 13th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Wow! You never know what you'll find. It's interesting to note that it washes out in 3 shampoos...before I found LHC, that would have lasted a week - but now I only shampoo once a month or so.

LutraLutra
April 13th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I love it, the packaging is great. :D Thanks for posting.