PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever hate washing your hair?

sandigirl
March 8th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I don't know if this is just me having a menopausal moment but lately I just DESPISE the idea of washing my hair. I HATE the detangling/combing/blowing out. Fortunately my hair is very thick and doesn't look like it needs washing until about day 7 but I'm kind of grossing myself out. Is this laziness? Just tired of it after 44 years? Maybe because I haven't been around many people lately and don't feel the *need* to do it?
I have no issue just washing the front/bangs area but the whole get-in-the-shower-routine is getting old REALLY fast.
What's the oddest is how much I LOVE the way my clean, fresh hair feels.
Is this just long hair-washing fatigue?:confused:

florenonite
March 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I ALWAYS hate washing my hair. I get excited about it if I have a new poo or condish I want to try, but beyond that, I loathe the entire process.

sandigirl
March 8th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Oh, I hear ya, florenonite. If I have a good reason like a date or some special event it's no big deal. But otherwise I am getting SO lethargic about it. You just reminded me of how I used to LOVE doing it when I was getting ready for a big date, but no big dates lately. Maybe that's part of my problem. Motivation.
At least you can try new products. I HAVE to use the same thing or I get DISASTEROUS results. I can switch out on my bangs but not on the length. It took me a year to find Fructis so I won't switch until they quit making it like they did all my other favorite poos. (Vidal Sassoon, 5X etc...)

GlennaGirl
March 8th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I don't know if this is just me having a menopausal moment but lately I just DESPISE the idea of washing my hair. I HATE the detangling/combing/blowing out. Fortunately my hair is very thick and doesn't look like it needs washing until about day 7 but I'm kind of grossing myself out. Is this laziness? Just tired of it after 44 years? Maybe because I haven't been around many people lately and don't feel the *need* to do it?
I have no issue just washing the front/bangs area but the whole get-in-the-shower-routine is getting old REALLY fast.
What's the oddest is how much I LOVE the way my clean, fresh hair feels.
Is this just long hair-washing fatigue?:confused:

No! I luuuuuuuuurve it. But only since i decided to think of it as my "self-pampering" time. I make a day of it. Or, well, an hour of it, anyway. A...something of it. I CO, and I leave the watered down conditioner in my hair for 30 minutes. I take my time detangling, etc. I try to really enjoy my hair while I'm doing this. I think of it as "hair appreciation day". :cheese:

Honey39
March 8th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I like washing my hair - especially now I condition-wash only; I wash my hair most days the same time that I shower in the mornings. Makes me feel awake and really refreshed; but then, my routine is pretty simple, and it's actually less hassle to do that than anything else with my hair. Some mornings I can't be bothered, but I never feel as good at work - and today I haven't bothered, but I feel a bit tired and a bit lethargic.

Wish my hair could go without washing for 7 days though - that's amazing!!

Shanarana
March 8th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I don't care for washing my hair to much anymore....I understand how you feel. I will maybe wash the bangs if I go out, but the rest gets thrown up.

ktani
March 8th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Yup, it is motivation for me too. It is not about my routine or any problems. My hair no longer tangles and I can do the whole thing on "auto pilot" (automatically, without any thought), lol. For me it is definitely motivation!

sandigirl
March 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I'm thinking it might just be getting tired of doing it for so long. My hair has been long since I was about 10. From 12-47 it was often past my rear end. (What *is* the abbreviation for that length??) And now past bsl length it's still kind of hard and a hassle to comb out after washing.

ktani
March 8th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I'm thinking it might just be getting tired of doing it for so long. My hair has been long since I was about 10. From 12-47 it was often past my rear end. (What *is* the abbreviation for that length??) And now past bsl length it's still kind of hard and a hassle to comb out after washing.

Fom your avatar, it looks well worth it though. Your hair is glorious, thick, shiny and healthy looking!

vampodrama
March 8th, 2009, 10:38 AM
*raises hand* me!

but I kinda detest washing myself in general cos water = ugh...

(I do wash myself. and my hair. regularly. I'm just not a big fan of it.)

neon-dream
March 8th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Lol I love washing my hair ^_^ I look forward to it!!

ratgirldjh
March 8th, 2009, 10:42 AM
right now i'm actually going through a period of liking to wash my hair - to the point of over washing it! but i have also been through periods of time where i didn't feel like washing my hair at all - and that was WAY better for my hair IMO!

i would use this time to let your hair grow and it will indeed get healthier without all the washing! you have beautiful hair!
just put it up and when it is time to wash it your hair will tell you ;)

squiggyflop
March 8th, 2009, 10:44 AM
i dislike washing my hair but then again i hate getting wet (or even just moist).. and because i hate getting wet i hate washing my hair, taking showers and especially washing my face (my face getting wet is the worst).. i mostly take baths because the pain relief for my back makes up for me being wet.. plus if i watch movies in the tub i feel more relaxed about the whole process and dont think of the shower cap on my head that is allowing me to soak in my conditioner.. but yeah i hate washing my hair..

rags
March 8th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I actually love the actual washing of my hair - and until the last two years I have almost always had long hair (waist length or longer). What I hate, loathe, and despise is the drying time it takes. Especially in the winter, when it's so dang cold! If I could just wash it and be done, I'd be happy!

spidermom
March 8th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't say I hate it exactly, but I'm not very fond of how my wet hair makes my shirt wet. I've been working out daily and having to at least rinse my hair daily, so the wet shirt thing is getting very old. I tried just scalp rinsing, but it seemed to make my hair matt up. It behaves better if I rinse the whole kit-n-kaboodle.

LittleOrca
March 8th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I love to wash my hair since I have found CO. The actually washing is kind of "Eh.." since sometimes I really don't want a shower at that moment, but I loooooove how my hair feels in the morning when it's dry and I pull it out of my satin cap.

:love: It's so soft!!! :love:

Carolyn
March 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I've had days when I don't want to wash my hair, so I don't. Do you ever just put your hair up and forget it for a day or two? I don't understand exactly what you are having a hard time with. I know that isn't your hair in your avatar but you've said she's your hair twin. I have very similar hair to the girl in the picture and rarely have the issues you've described. If you are using the right products and hair care techniques, why are you having such combing and detangling issues? Why are you blow drying each wash day? Do you have to do that? Have you learned buns and easy ways to put it up? Maybe a change in techniques or products would help. If you have tangling issues, maybe a clarifying wash with a clarifying shampoo (not just a sulfate shampoo) is in order. I'm not sure if Fructis products have cones or not but that would be the first thing I'd look at. Sometimes you need to clarify and then you can go back to old favorite products with better results.

maria_asa
March 8th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't say I hate washing my hair but lately I haven't exactly been enjoying it either. I've had two surgerys in my throat the last three months so washing my hair has turned in to a struggle for several reasons:
1. My throat and neck has been very soar and the extra weight of wet hair makes it hurt more
2. I used to wash my hair standing straight up with the hair down my back. I can't do this anymore because of reason no 1 which means I have to flip my hair which in turn gives me a lot more tangles
3. Washing the hair without getting any water on my throat is quite hard

I hope these problems will go away once the wound is completely healed and then wahsing wont be such a hassle.

maunaloa
March 8th, 2009, 11:59 AM
There are some days that I just feel lazy and the process does seem annoying.:confused:

s_tresses
March 8th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I LOVE it when I am in the shower and actually washing my hair but beyond that I HATE it mainly because it takes hours to dry and I have to manipulate it to not look frizzy. I like the feel of it after its a little dirty, somewhere around day 3 and I guess its me wishing that it would stay that way without being dirtier.

dearladydisdain
March 8th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I hate having wet hair, washing my hair, and showering. However, I like to be clean, so I do it :lol: The worst was washing my thigh length hair in the winter. UGH.

Jessikinz
March 8th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I dislike it sometimes. There are days where I love washing it, then there are the days where I don't even want to think about it. I can let my hair go unwashed for 7 days. Once I didn't wash it for 10, but that was when I was sick and going through personal issues. I'm always so exhausted after washing my hair. So I just put it up and let it dry, then take it down to dry some more.

xeternalsilence
March 8th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Up until a few weeks ago, I loved washing my hair. It was just... fun to me, I dunno. And it felt nice.

Lately I've just been getting bored in the shower. I know that sounds weird... I CO and have to leave the conditioner on at least 5 minutes for it to look good and I just get bored waiting. Usually after I wash/shave, I still feel like it hasn't been on enough, so I just stand there... bored. And rinsing is awful. More standing doing nothing...

Like I said before, I used to LOVE washing my hair and just standing underneath the shower head and the feeling of the water, but it's just blah now.

And my hair isn't even long yet. :(

xrosiex
March 8th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I love washing my hair. I probably like it to much and wash when It doesnt really need it.:)

joyfulmom4
March 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Funny thing. I love washing my hair. I love a nice warm shower and the water running over my scalp. I love nice-smelling shampoo and giving my scalp a massage w/ it. I love the feeling of clean, fresh hair. So I guess I have to admit I look forward to it.

My hair is long and thick, but I don't think it's that hard to comb out. I use Giovanni direct leave-in conditioner and it combs out pretty easily with a wide toothed hair pick. I am sure it only takes me 2-3 minutes at most to comb out my hair.

Your hair avatar is stunning, so whatever you're doing, just keep right on doing it. Your hair must be happy with your current care regimen. If that means washing once a week, then wash once a week. You've got lovely locks to show for it. I think the less often you wash, the better, for the most part. If I wash more frequently, I do try hard to use gentle products and leave the ends alone. :)

Johanna64
March 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I love washing my hair,I love to do SMT's and I love a warm and long shower :)
I like it to try new shampoos and conditioners!!

freznow
March 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Ew water!

:couch:

Carina
March 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I recently found out that I'm allergic to perfume :wail:.I have to find new products that has no scent:p that my hair loves:inlove:.I feel like all the fun went straight down the drain:mad:.I will try organic stuff and hope for the best.:rolleyes::confused::(

Eryka
March 8th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Wash day is a love hate thing.

Since I only wash my hair every 4 days or so, it is really nice to get the scalp and everything before the greasy itchies kick in. The smell is of course nice and looking at it when its completely dry can be satisfying. A new product to play with is great too, aside from the terror of adding an unknown into your well structured routine.

On the down side, I hate detangling and seeing all the shed hairs come out. Its natural I know, but with as much pampering as they get, you'd think they show SOME appreciation by sticking around. I also hate the drying time. If I want to fuss with my hair by massive toweling and combing, I can air dry it in 4 hours. If I don't feel like it, sometimes 8+ especially on a rainy day.

So yeah, love/hate.

UncommonTart
March 8th, 2009, 01:35 PM
No! I luuuuuuuuurve it. But only since i decided to think of it as my "self-pampering" time. I make a day of it. Or, well, an hour of it, anyway. A...something of it. I CO, and I leave the watered down conditioner in my hair for 30 minutes. I take my time detangling, etc. I try to really enjoy my hair while I'm doing this. I think of it as "hair appreciation day". :cheese:

I love this idea, and I think I'll try something like it myself. Lately, I have dreaded washing my hair. My water heater had blown an element; I had about enough warm/hot water to get good and wet and from there on out it was dead cold. UGH. It took months to get it fixed (I live in an apartment with "on site maintenance" and have to wait for them to fix most things. Usually, they're pretty good- not so much, this time.) It's just been fixed, but I just can't seem to get back into being excited about washing my hair.

vindo
March 8th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I don't mind it really, not love it but it does not bother me either.

I wash every 7-10 days....depending on whats on my shedule and how fast my hair gets greasy.
And then I just airdry it...I can imagine you would maybe be less bothered if you just detangle it and let it airdry after the wash...would really shorten the time right?

Used to wash daily until late 2007 and back then it was a lot easier to just wash it everyday. So I think the laziness stems from washing it less often maybe?

MadPirateBippy
March 8th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I'm avoiding it right now. For me it's the drying... I think I might do a scalp-only wash. Bleh.

MsBubbles
March 8th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I wish I hated washing my hair. Unfortunately my hair gets so oily so quickly that I can't wait to wash it and get it unstuck from my scalp!

Forever_Sophie
March 8th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I love washing my hair!! Look forward to it, LOL. I don't blow dry (THAT, I would not anticipate), but just washing, combing...love! :)

Buggheart
March 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Wow, 7 days??? I wish I could get away with washing every other day but my hair is so greasy it's unbelievable. I do hate the whole washing, conditioning, drying, styling thing. The whole getting ready in the morning thing seems like such a waste of my life. I really wish someone would invent that Jetsons shower and makeup machine so I could just step in and out and git r done. LOL

aprilmay
March 8th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Finding the time is a challenge. I like the process, but don't like the wet aftermath when it is cold out. I need to wash mine today!

Peter
March 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I don't really like washing my hair either. I usually blowdry it until it's damp because I get too cold otherwise, and it also takes a long time to dry.

Silverlox
March 8th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Hate is perhaps a bit strong, but I'm definitely not a big fan of it. It's a chore. As all chores it needs to be done and I do it. And while I enjoy the feeling of clean hair once it's dry, it takes so long to get there. :rolleyes:

viking_quest
March 8th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I hate washing my hair and the whole process of doing it. It takes up too much time when I could be sleeping in.

kwaniesiam
March 8th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Yes, but only when I'm sick (like right now :rolleyes: ) Otherwise, washing hair is just something that is a part of my shower routine since I'm usually a daily washer. Now that I'm at home I can be a greaseball and not care though.

intothemist1999
March 8th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I often hate it. Sometimes it's just to big a chore when I'm short on time or energy.

AmandaPanda
March 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I get tired of it. I can't go more than 2 days (and that's really pushing it)...and it takes at least 5 hours to dry. UGH

Heavenly Locks
March 8th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Since I switched to CO for the month...I'm NOT liking it. It takes SO much longer to do a CO wash than a CWC. I am used to being able to put the poo on, massage for like 10 seconds and then rinse!

This CO thing is way longer. Even though a whopping 5-10 minutes isn't the end of the world. After 27 years of doing it the faster way, I'm spoiled!

Copasetic
March 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I'm not a huge fan of washing my hair. I think it is because I am sick of having wet hair. I shower in the morning, and then put my hair up for school, so it doesn't get a chance to dry. I ALWAYS have wet hair.

Cinnamon Hair
March 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Maybe I am odd, but I'm the total opposite. I really love washing my hair. It feels so nice to get it wet. I get to use smelly conditioners (I :inlove: buying conditioners). Combing is so incredibly easy in the shower too. Making updos with damp hair is another benefit of washing, they stay of up better and tend to look more polished than updos I try on dry hair.
Hoping you can appreciate a different perspecitve on washing, and maybe that will give you something to look forward to.

Now combing dry hair.. one of my least favorite things to do.

eyesofsummer
March 8th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Ugh, I HATE washing my hair! First getting wet isn't exactly my favorite thing, then having to condition once to get the tangles out (this can take forever!), then having to put a bit of watered down shampoo on my scalp mixed with more conditioner, while fighting off the tangles yet keeping the suds on my head and away from the length...then sometimes having to do it over again because it didn't clean well enough the first time. Then having to slather on a pound of hair gel, and separate my hair so it dries alright, and try to get dressed without disturbing it...then the waiting game: hours with a wet, slimy, heavy mass of hair hanging down my back, threatening to frizz if I so much as touch it!

I can't stand to do it very often, usually just once a week, or sometimes twice if I have something I have to look **nice** for.

Calanthe
March 8th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I don't hate it as such - but it would be great to have self-washing hair :D. It's such a bother to go to the whole process, what with mixing stuff, getting hair wet, put stuff on, wait for hours (at least it feels like hours) dripping everywhere, then rinse, rinse again, rinse a third time, pat dry, put it up and dripping everywhere again.

Some weeks I'm so lazy I just slap on something out of a bottle and that's it.

julya
March 8th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I like the in shower part, but I find the drying process to be a bit of a chore.

Arctic_Mama
March 9th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Add me to the hating hairwashing group. My clean hair is wild and takes forever to dry, and these days, short of itchy dirties, I usually can't be bothered.

The idea of a hair appreciation day is a good one! I may have to try and adopt that attitude and see if it makes washing less of a chore. I love my hair, I just hate heavy, wet hair and crazy volume upon drying :)

willowcandra
March 9th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I'm not over keen on having wet hair so I tend to leave it way to long between washes. My hair needs three washes a week for conditioning purposes to keep it healthy and stop it drying out. But it gets washed maybe once or twice a fortnight:o
I really should make more effort.

Fencai
March 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM
i hate it.
Its one of those things that's just a bother to me (most of the time, there are times when I really like it)
I think that part of it, is that I HATE our bathroom, and since we're renting there's nothing I can do about it.

so for the most part its a bother having to do it.

Katla
March 9th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Yes. Oh, yes. But then, I hate showering, too, so it's not that big of a surprise. Will shower and will wash my hair, but won't always be very graceful about it :o

I hate it the most in winter, because it's cold and icky when I get out of the shower, but I'm not much of a fan of it in summer, either. Luckily, my hair can go a week between washes just fine, so I don't have to deal with it that often. I love my hair once it's all dried and newly washed and all, I just... hate dealing with the whole hair-washing part. It's boring and I'm lazy and it takes forever to dry and ugh :rolleyes: One of the reasons I was overjoyed to finally learn to do a bun right was because I can go a few days longer before washing my hair now. Sad but true.

rose_in_bloom
March 9th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I love washing my hair! The smell of shampoo makes me really happy, and I love the feeling of damp and freshly washed hair. I always look forward to it.

jezebel17
March 9th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I don't mind washing my hair but I hate the after process.I have curly hair and I hate having to do the whole gel/diffuser routine.If I could just wash and go I wouldnt mind washing at all.

florenonite
March 10th, 2009, 04:43 AM
I don't mind washing my hair but I hate the after process.I have curly hair and I hate having to do the whole gel/diffuser routine.If I could just wash and go I wouldnt mind washing at all.

Do you really need to do the diffuser bit? There are loads of curlies here who, although many of them use gel (though many don't too), air-dry their hair.

nessthing
March 10th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I notice that most people who say they love washing their hair are less than 20 inches. Enjoy it while you can. I'm tellin' ya.

Add my name to the hate list. I don't think it's too strong of a word.

Samitra
March 10th, 2009, 05:32 AM
My hair's shorter than 20 inches, and yes, I love washing it, and I love it when it's clean. But I've always disliked the whole "waiting for it to dry procedure", even when I had a pixie.

Back then the drying went pretty fast though, but as it grows I find that I have to "plan" the washings so I don't have to leave the house with my hair wet, or even damp

Hypnotica
March 10th, 2009, 05:46 AM
I notice that most people who say they love washing their hair are less than 20 inches. Enjoy it while you can. I'm tellin' ya.

Add my name to the hate list. I don't think it's too strong of a word.

My hair is longer then 20 inches and I still think it is nice to wash my hair :)

I wash 2-3 times/week, for cleaning scalp and rehydrate length. Detangling on damp hair takes....uhm....15 seconds? Something like that. And about 6 h to dry.

But I never ever shower in the mornings, always in the evenings so my hair dries over night.

Monsterkitti
March 10th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Im very lazy so yes I hate washing my hair, If it looks alright I'll put it off as long as possible, usually 7 days :)

Once Im actually washing my hair its quite nice, its just the thought of it and the time it takes to do.

pdy2kn6
March 10th, 2009, 06:32 AM
ill jump on this band wagon. ihate it too. thankfully i have just this minute done my weekly/5 daily wash. thats such a relief. but its still wet now so yeah i still have the dreadded detangle, comb, wait till dries scenario to do. It just takes so long, especially if trying to be extra careful. i would suggest though perhaps trying a different method, not that that would make it fun, just that it would mix up the old get in shower routine. for example i now dont wash myself when i wash my hair, i stay in my clothes and then just either dip my head over the bath and use the shower head to wash, or i get in the shower in my boxers or shorts and just wash my hair that way, standing but learning over so not to get my body wet. It is much less tedious than the whole routine in the shower i think. :)

liseling
March 10th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I dont hate actually washing it, but it's kindof annoying to have to do it every day - I go to the gym every day and get all sweaty so I at least have to rinse it. I actually like the part in the shower with the warm water, but I really hate having to wait for it to dry. My hair can easily take 8 hours to dry, and longer when I'm sleeping on it. So I end up spending an entire evening with wet hair, going to bed with wet hair, and waking up with damp hair. That's the majority of the 24 hours in the day.....

twilight
March 10th, 2009, 06:50 AM
i'm getting kind of sick of it, myself. i have pretty oily hair (normally need to wash every other day) and it's lame. i don't mind the shower and the washing itself, per se, but i HATE detangling. i hate it! it's my nemesis!

if i would just break down and cut off the last 3 inches maybe things wouldn't be so bad, but... no way. so i just whine every time i have to comb it out after a shower. which makes me not want to wash it at all, most days.

Carolyn
March 10th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I notice that most people who say they love washing their hair are less than 20 inches. I'm at 38" and most of the time I enjoy my wash days.Of course there are days when I don't want to wash it, so I don't. It's become more enjoyable to wash as it's gotten longer. I love playing mermaid in the bathtub (some of us never grow up! :D) I guess I'm a weirdo because I enjoy the mechanics of the actual washing and I like sitting around the house with wet hair.

sandigirl
March 10th, 2009, 07:37 AM
...Do you ever just put your hair up and forget it for a day or two? I don't understand exactly what you are having a hard time with. I know that isn't your hair in your avatar but you've said she's your hair twin. I have very similar hair to the girl in the picture and rarely have the issues you've described. If you are using the right products and hair care techniques, why are you having such combing and detangling issues? Why are you blow drying each wash day? Do you have to do that? Have you learned buns and easy ways to put it up? Maybe a change in techniques or products would help. If you have tangling issues, maybe a clarifying wash with a clarifying shampoo (not just a sulfate shampoo) is in order. I'm not sure if Fructis products have cones or not but that would be the first thing I'd look at. Sometimes you need to clarify and then you can go back to old favorite products with better results.

I can not put my hair up. I get MASSIVE headaches. It's WAY too heavy. I'm just tired of the whole shower routine. Coming to this site and becoming ok with less frequent washings has been empowering. The detangling is ALWAYS an issue because my hair is VERY thick. Unless I slather on tons of conditioner, combing out is going to be an issue. And I don't like tons of conditioner. I only blow-dry for a few minutes to prevent waves. I like my hair straight. Thanks for your response and questions.:)

Wow, 7 days??? I wish I could get away with washing every other day but my hair is so greasy it's unbelievable. I do hate the whole washing, conditioning, drying, styling thing. The whole getting ready in the morning thing seems like such a waste of my life. I really wish someone would invent that Jetsons shower and makeup machine so I could just step in and out and git r done. LOL
:D Git er done/Jetsons:D

Thanks, everyone, for all your responses. I'm SO glad I am not alone with this. The "spa day" comment gave me the motivation to go and just do it. It wasn't fun and I did not enjoy it but I do like my clean hair.

kc
March 10th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I usually hate it - takes way too much time and I am usually tired in the evenings from working all day. I usually only wash every 3 to 4 days though.

Noctifer
March 10th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I dont really hate it but right now my hair is to damaged from dying it so its the most weird texture when wet. Otherwise the only time i dont like to wash it is if im hungover.

But i dont have much problem whit tangels either which im glad for

florenonite
March 10th, 2009, 12:49 PM
i'm getting kind of sick of it, myself. i have pretty oily hair (normally need to wash every other day) and it's lame. i don't mind the shower and the washing itself, per se, but i HATE detangling. i hate it! it's my nemesis!

if i would just break down and cut off the last 3 inches maybe things wouldn't be so bad, but... no way. so i just whine every time i have to comb it out after a shower. which makes me not want to wash it at all, most days.

Have you tried scalp washes? Your problem appears to be a greasy scalp, but if your length doesn't need washed or conditioned every other day maybe you could try a scalp wash so that you don't have to go through the whole detangling thing so often. I think there's an article on it somewhere.

slz
March 10th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I wash my hair once a week and it's still waaaayyyy too often for my liking - I hate it, yeah. It takes so f*ing long to rinse that I only do it mermaid-style now, or I'd die of boredom before I'm done. Then there's the worst part of it i.e. the drying, I hate the feeling of my wet hair, and then there's the weight .... I hate it. And it takes forever to dry and leaves me shivering for hours wishing it'd be over. I do hate it.
I've been known to wait 2 weeks between washings just to postpone the dreaded experience, but don't tell anybody.

Speckla
March 10th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I hating getting my hair wet. I don't mind scrubbing my scalp while shampooing or cowashing but I do hate detangling and seeing all the shed hairs...ick. I hate the way my hair looks wet (thin) but I like the length when wet. BSL!
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZER (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/extreme)

Elphie
March 10th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I guess I'm in the minority as well; I love washing my hair. I actually adore the whole shower and washing experience! I don't mind having wet hair, I kind of like it like that! Detangling isn't an issue, it only takes a few seconds.

Jules diamond
March 10th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Sometimes I do...

I just get lazy, and I hate shedding in the shower. Ew.

patience
March 10th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I'm in the minority too. I love washing my hair. Wet hair doesn't really bother me. Actually, I've been known to stand out in the rain to just enjoy the raindrops falling on me. Ok, maybe I'm just a little weird :)

Magicknthenight
March 10th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Depends on my mood really. :)
Some days i love showering and getting my hair all clean and waiting on it to dry. Sometimes its a pain when maybe i've scratched my scalp a bit too much and need to wash it so it feels clean.
Sometimes i really hate it. Like when its cold and i don't want to go to bed with wet hair and i have to make sure its on one side...
For the most part i like it though. I may sometimes want to do it more then others. But sometimes i do feel kind of lazy and put it off for a while. Especially if I'm just lazying around at home. If i go out I'd probably do a scalp wash or something though. Up dos make greasy hair more bearable. Sometimes i don't like going through washing it just to put it up...when its all soft or a few days after wards. Ah well :D

Sunshine69
March 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I love the feeling of the water in the shower. I never enjoy a shower as much if I don't wash my hair. The sensation of hot water pouring over my head really relaxes me and feels soooooo good. And I love a good scalp massage. Since I have been washing with CO, detangling isn't a problem anymore.

I do not enjoy waiting for my hair to dry, but it's worth it... usually. I often leave the house with wet hair.

sneakybea
March 11th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Lately I do. It isn't so much the washing, though, as the waiting for it to dry. I never had to when I lived in CA, but in Minnesota during the winter, if I go out with it wet either it will freeze or I will!