PDA

View Full Version : Updo video instruction: The Hypno-Swirl.

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2009, 09:11 AM
First of all, I want to thank GlassEyes for the funky name! :D

This is a video instruction on the Hypno-Swirl, which basically is a flipped Infinity bun. I find that flipped buns are much more securer on me, the look more "soft" and the also look very complicated without being hard to do.

As always, you may find that using a different technique will make it easier for you to do this bun. I'm lefthanded, so the righties out there may want to do things differently.

This updo is very secure just using two hair sticks, but can also work just as well with a fork or two. That really depends on your hair - mine is slippery so I need two tools for security.

My hair look a bit greasy here, but in fact it's just damp :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCuFWr3AsSo

Note: I have moved all my updo videos to YouTube.

LadyLongLocks
March 8th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Oh I'm so happy to see you made a youtube channel! I have already subscribed :)
Love your tutorials! I'm spreading the word to my YT Lady friends to check out your channel.
:flower:

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Oh I'm so happy to see you made a youtube channel! I have already subscribed :)
Love your tutorials! I'm spreading the word to my YT Lady friends to check out your channel.
:flower:

Thank you! :D

I hope there is something there for you as your hair is so much longer then mine.

hairymonster
March 8th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Yay, another updo tutorial! Thanks for sharing the updo - it's beautiful!

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Yay, another updo tutorial! Thanks for sharing the updo - it's beautiful!

Np :)

I hope you find it useful :)

tinabcurly
March 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I love watching your videos! They're so easy to follow plus I have major hair envy. It'll be some time before I can do this but it's something to strive towards. Thanks!

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I love watching your videos! They're so easy to follow plus I have major hair envy. It'll be some time before I can do this but it's something to strive towards. Thanks!

Aw, thank you. I have always envied the locks of curlies, but I'm trying hard to appriciate my own hair.

Jessikinz
March 8th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I just love the look of flipped buns! This video is really helpful. I have never tried a flipped bun, but seeing this video makes me want to try it right away :)

WavyGirl
March 8th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Another great video from the queen of flipped buns and twists. :bowtome: I subscribed too. Thank you for taking the time to film these - videos really help me to understand instructions.

Also it's a really cool name - it is kinda hypnotising trying to work out how it's done before you know the secret. ;) But I'm guessing you just named it that as you're Hypnotica right?

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Another great video from the queen of flipped buns and twists. :bowtome: I subscribed too. Thank you for taking the time to film these - videos really help me to understand instructions.

Also it's a really cool name - it is kinda hypnotising trying to work out how it's done before you know the secret. ;) But I'm guessing you just named it that as you're Hypnotica right?

It was GlassEyes that came up with the name, so all glory should be directed that way ;)

Bluebell
March 8th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I love this updo!! It looks so pretty on you! I just washed my hair so I can't try it right now, but I know how I'll wear my hair tomorrow!

AJoifulNoise
March 8th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I'm lefthanded, so the righties out there may want to do things differently.

Maybe that's why I understand your instructions. The only thing I do right-handed is write. Everything else I do left-handed. And I twist and such in the same direction as you. Interesting.

I've subscribed and favorited. Perhaps tomorrow I'll give this one a shot. :D

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Y'all, I would love to see your buns. So pics, please!

Eryka
March 8th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Wondering if this would work for my knee length hair? The last thing I need is to break more hairsticks by overloading them :rolleyes:

AJoifulNoise
March 8th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Remember how I said tomorrow? Well, my cinnabun was falling out so I decided to give it a shot today. The first two attempts looked really funky, but the third wasn't so bad...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2009/March082009Upload018Attempt3.jpg
(Had a hard time photographing it... Please pardon the wonky angle!)

Still needs some tweaking, but this is the first flipped up bun I've ever made that has stayed! Thanks Hypnotica! :D

Ndnlady
March 8th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Nice!:) Another updo to bookmark! About 99% of my updos are the ones I learn from LHCers!:)

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I love this updo!! It looks so pretty on you! I just washed my hair so I can't try it right now, but I know how I'll wear my hair tomorrow!

Remember to take a pic of it! :D

Hypnotica
March 9th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Wondering if this would work for my knee length hair? The last thing I need is to break more hairsticks by overloading them :rolleyes:

I hope there is a way to adapt it to longer hairs. Alas, I can't try yet.....and I guesstimate it will take about 3 years before I hit knee lenght.

hairymonster
March 9th, 2009, 03:48 AM
I hope you find it useful :)

It was! The tutorial was easy to follow, even without instructions. Will be wearing the hypno-swirl to work tomorrow :D

MotherConfessor
March 9th, 2009, 09:51 PM
As always Hypnotica, I love the tutorial and am absolutely jealous of your stunning hair. Thanks, I will be debuting this at tomorrows meeting.

Heavenly Locks
March 10th, 2009, 06:03 AM
I wish I could try! It'd beautiful, maybe in like 10 more inches ;)

GlassEyes
March 10th, 2009, 06:32 AM
XD I'm glad people like the name, and the updo is still awesome. ^_^

Silverlox
March 10th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Wow! As always a fantastic and instructional video, you're really good at this! :flowers:

Now I'd like to see this in the updo section of the Articles. hint-hint :D

I too had to bite the bullet and registered on youtube in order to be able to subscribe to your wonderful videos. :flower:

MemSahib
March 10th, 2009, 06:54 AM
What a lovely updo! And it looks quite simple. Thank you, Hypnotica! This is on my to-try list.

soimaqt2
March 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
This is a surprisingly easy style. My first try didn't look perfect, but that is how it is with all styles. Try, try again. :)

Hypnotica
March 10th, 2009, 01:16 PM
As always Hypnotica, I love the tutorial and am absolutely jealous of your stunning hair. Thanks, I will be debuting this at tomorrows meeting.

I hope the meeting went well!

Wow! As always a fantastic and instructional video, you're really good at this! :flowers:

Now I'd like to see this in the updo section of the Articles. hint-hint :D

I too had to bite the bullet and registered on youtube in order to be able to subscribe to your wonderful videos. :flower:

Oh....yes, an article will be done. :) Totally forgot about that!

RedStripe
March 10th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Ah, that looks so elegant, yet so simple to do! I know what I'm going to try tomorrow. I subscribed to your channel too. Thanks for your vids!

LaurelSpring
March 10th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Awesome! Another subscriber here!
Thank you Hypnotica.

Coriander
March 10th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Oh I was excited to see this :D Thanks so much for showing us how!!! Love it!

Briar
March 10th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I love, love, LOVE Hypnotica's videos! The two buns I use the most were learned from your videos. :D

may1em
March 10th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I tried the flipped infinity, and my hair just didn't do it right. But then I watched the video for the flipped regular bun, and that worked perfectly! It would never have occurred to me to put the fork in the second coil.

may1em
March 10th, 2009, 10:27 PM
double post. sorry.

Aditi
March 11th, 2009, 04:14 AM
That was an excellent hair bun and it took hardly two minutes. I think i will try this out and btw i just love your hair color.

JCFantasy23
March 12th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I love it! Favorited it off Youtube :)

spf4214
March 12th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks for posting such a great video. I have some hairsticks in the mail and once these arrive I will definately be wearing this one.

brok3nwings
March 13th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Hyptonica your videos are great! I dont have the lenght yet but i really enjoy washing them ;) have i already told you that i love your hair colour? i think i have...but again :)
Dont you all think that we should have a sticky thread with all the videos from all the instructions for styling hair? when i want to find something its not that easy... something with links only. what do you all think? or is there something simillar that i dont know about?

Peggy E.
March 13th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I am absolutely trying this out tonight when I take the mop down!

Also watched your romantic french twist tutorial and what a great idea of "looping" the hair through then twisting. This would make it very secure.

What I've done to get this look is to do the french twist and braided that remaining hair that's normally tucked into the twist. Then wrapped it around the french twist in the manner you've shown.

Wish I could use your method, but my hair is not thick enough to pull it off - I'd have a puny twist and then a puny separate braid together making a puny mess....!

The "Hypno-Swirl" looks like a winner, though, be the hair thick or thin! Thanks so much for posting it.

AprilElf
March 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Great 'do, Hypnotica, and it looks awesome on you! Super name too, GlassEyes! :thumbsup:
I might try this today ... if I ever get out of bed ... ;)

kaiakai
February 5th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I keep watching the video, but I don't quite get it. Can anyone post instructions for this pretty 'do?

OrchidRain
December 22nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
I love it! Added to the list of hairdos I want to master for everyday use.

jacqueline101
December 22nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
I love it thanks for sharing and the name is neat too.