PDA

View Full Version : does excess oiling cause hair fall

purush
March 8th, 2009, 07:59 AM
i usually oil excess sometimes, i.e pour at a spot and massage. does this excess oil cause shedding?
also i used herbs on my hair -- is shedding because of that? herbs didn't properly wash away? or oil clog? or herb still staying in scalp and causing shedding? anyone know why? or do ayurvedic oils like ramtirth cause some initial shedding like neelibringhadi oil for some first 10 applications???

AJoifulNoise
March 8th, 2009, 09:08 AM
If I get oil anywhere near my scalp I shed tons and my scalp itches. So, for me, yes.

sibylla
March 8th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I drench my scalp in coco nut oil as often as two times a week (in fact my hair is suuuper oiled as we speak..). I have not experienced any hair fall and I´ve been doin this for many years. However all loose hair fall off wich makes the hair more even looking.

Misha
March 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
For myself, no. I believe that the extra handling causes the hairs that were to shed anyway to shed away at oiling time, so it may seem like extra shedding.

purush
March 8th, 2009, 11:50 AM
thank u for reply friends
then there may be a chance that my hair is weak?
and do herbal oils like ramtirth initially cause hair fall before stopping it i.e the old hairs may fall out and new hairs come???

xeternalsilence
March 8th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Like Misha said, I think for me it's just the extra handling, not the oil itself.
I shed tons when I wash my hair.

Though some people really cannot have oil on their scalp.
I'm not one of them.

purush
March 8th, 2009, 12:01 PM
For myself, no. I believe that the extra handling causes the hairs that were to shed anyway to shed away at oiling time, so it may seem like extra shedding.
hi please can u explain me what is extra handling ?
sorry i'm new on this forum

Hypnotica
March 8th, 2009, 12:05 PM
By massaging the scalp, you will loosen all those hairs that was meant to fall out soon. That is why you seem to loose a bunch of hair after washing, for example.

RancheroTheBee
March 8th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I've found that I lose more hair by not oiling. Though scalp massages and the excess moisture cause some hair fall, I don't have hair breaking off anymore.

You shouldn't worry about hair fall. It's natural, no matter how much of it is coming out at one time. Unless you're noticing some bald patches, I wouldn't stress.

Aisha25
March 8th, 2009, 12:54 PM
No these ayurvedic oils are not supposed to cause hair fall when you use it. If you are having hair fall problem with oils maybe your hairs is weak and need to talk to an ayurvedic doctor about which oil would be best for you. All oils work differently for every one. So you have to find one that works for you.

thank u for reply friends
then there may be a chance that my hair is weak?
and do herbal oils like ramtirth initially cause hair fall before stopping it i.e the old hairs may fall out and new hairs come???

Misha
March 9th, 2009, 08:35 AM
hi please can u explain me what is extra handling ?
sorry i'm new on this forum

When oiling my hair I handle it more than I normally would. I rub and comb the oil through my hair to make sure it's all very coated, and this is when it appears that more hair sheds. But I would then shed less at wash time, which pretty much balances it out.

And welcome to the boards! :)