PDA

View Full Version : help! I can't stop experimenting with my hair!

ratgirldjh
March 7th, 2009, 05:30 PM
ok - i used to lurk on here anyway - but since i have joined i haven't been able to stop experimenting with new ways to wash my hair! when i joined i was soap/poo bar washing my hair almost every day followed by a weak ACV rinse. now this was working fine when i did it once a week - but every day or even every other day made my hair tangly and brittle...... and i can be obsessive ;)

since i joined i have tried in rapid succession: CO, indian herbs, and now i'm back again to using my soap bar after having allergic reactions to both CO and indian herbs!

can you believe this? and this is not the first time for me trying these methods - i have been through this all before and knew i have a sensitive scalp!

so i need someone to just tell me to LEAVE MY HAIR ALONE!!!
because i can't do it on my own! it seems it i read about it i have to try it - even if i know i may be allergic or that it doesn't work for me - LOL

HELP!!!

manderly
March 7th, 2009, 05:31 PM
*smack*

Knock it off. Leave your hair alone and go look at some Lolcats :D

Speckla
March 7th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Just leave your hair alone! :)
________
NSR SERIES (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_NSR_series)

GlennaGirl
March 7th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Oh, but isn't it FUN? Your hair can take this period of experimentation. Don't worry.

Sorry. I guess that was sort of...enabling. :)

ratgirldjh
March 7th, 2009, 05:34 PM
hahaha - thanks :)

i think the main problem may be that i have too much time on my hands these days

and i can't get a job because i have a job and my job is sitting all day in this office on the computer - LOL

eeeeekkk
what are lolcats? i have a cat and a rat and a chihuahua btw
hopefully i don't start experimenting on them next...

every time i have done that my bf tells me that i am doing animal testing :)

manderly
March 7th, 2009, 05:36 PM
:bigeyes:

What are lolcats? Well, let me enlighten you, hope you didn't have to be anywhere today :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=3725&highlight=lolcats

ratgirldjh
March 7th, 2009, 05:55 PM
oh cool! thanks :)

i belong to a rat group and we have some of these with rats too!

HairyCarrie
March 7th, 2009, 06:43 PM
When I joined LHC I tried lots of stuff too. I think it's quite fun and I still am trying new things. Growing my hair is my new hobby and I want to try all the tools at my disposal. If it's not affecting your life negatively what's the harm? Unless the post was a *serious* cry for help? If so, then listen to the posts that best meet your needs.

BTW, I LOVE LOLcritters. I've been following them everyday and it is the best to set your day right. :smile:

ratgirldjh
March 7th, 2009, 06:56 PM
well i was kind of serious ;)

btw - my bf has just gifted me with a bottle of Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet conditioner - can you believe this?

he heard me bitching about being allergic to the 'cheapie' ones and about the only one that worked for me being suave which is tested on animals....

i have used BB grapefruit in the past for CO washing...

has anyone here ever used it long term? just wondering - now i want to try it... LOL

Anje
March 7th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Go put your hair up and stay in the off-topic boards. For another non-hair time-waster, I just discovered www.instructables.com.

Gothic Lolita
March 8th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Don't worry you'll calm down after a few weeks around here. I was lurking ages and tried this and that, but when I finalliy joined I had to force myself to stop. It all seemed so tempting!

If oyu can't leave your hand ot of your hair, try to put it up. I was forever playing with it and that gave me new experiments to think about. When I stopped playing, it became a lot easier to leave it alone!

LutraLutra
March 8th, 2009, 06:35 AM
ok - i used to lurk on here anyway - but since i have joined i haven't been able to stop experimenting with new ways to wash my hair! it seems it i read about it i have to try it - even if i know i may be allergic or that it doesn't work for me - LOL
HELP!!!
I wouldn't worry about it - this kind of behaviour seems perfectly normal when joining TLHC. :D It's fun to try stuff.

embee
March 8th, 2009, 06:43 AM
One guideline I've read is to try a new thing for a couple of weeks or a month, to see how your hair likes it. That could be extended to buying small batches of whatever new thing you want to try and using it until it's gone. Then you'll really see if your hair likes it or not.

This might work ok, unless you find you're trying something that fries your hair at once, like baking soda did for me. One shot was enough. It took a number of shampoos and heavy conditioning to get rid of the "straw" feeling. Never again. Luckily I hadn't invested any money in that product! ;)

MadPirateBippy
March 8th, 2009, 10:44 AM
The trick is, when you experiment you need to take notes. Start a blog on here and make sure you are only changing ONE variable at a time, and figure out what works for you. randomly trying new things isn't experimenting, it's playing.

Be serious about your hair. FOR SCIENCE!! :cheese:

ratgirldjh
March 8th, 2009, 10:59 AM
thanks guys! i actually haven't done anything else to my hair today at least ;)

i have it up and it is warmer here today - so that is helping me leave it alone - at least for now!

it is definitely fun to 'play' with hair washing and conditioning techniques. i am very sensitive to so many things though - and it seems that pretty much everything except for WO or poo bar washing irritates either my scalp or my nose or body since i'm allergic to so many things - or at least sensitive to fragrances and many herbs.

and i KNOW that the best thing for my hair is to leave it alone - it is just so HARD! i am going to have to stop reading this board for a few days! or like others suggested read non hair topics!

what is really sad is that i have tried all of these things before and i do have a hair journal - but when i read about them i just can't restrain myself from trying them again - and i have herbs, conditioners, etc... and way too much time on my hands these days.

add to that an obsessive personality and WOW!

so i am just going to wear my hair up for a few days until it is actually dirty and then wash it with one of my poo bars like i know it likes....