PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, my hair inspired someone...

GlassEyes
March 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
...to give up shampoo. xD;

My mom's ex-girlfriend is living with us at the moment (as well as her ex-husband...my mom's awesome, fyi), and I was talking to her in the kitchen while my hair was drying and I was getting some orange juice. Apparently she's been having hair issues (climate change from moving back to NE from Texas), and she asked my mom why my hair was so nice. XD; My mom gave her the rundown of my hair craziness (much to my slight mortification...), and how I only wash my hair with shampoo about once a month.

So we're talking, and she said, "Yeah, shammpoo is drying. I've actually started doing it less since your mom told me how you only do it once a month. It's so shiny."

BOOYA. XD; At least my efforts aren't completely pointless! WHOO.:cheese:

Though, granted, I don't like people knowing the depth of my obsession, but a compliment is a compliment, so meh. :p

Fluke
March 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM
We are sloooooowly taking over the world..... *cue evil laughter* Muahahahaha!!!

Ok, sorry, I'll be leaving now.... :D

InTheCity
March 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Excellent job :)

I used to only shampoo (and condition) once a week and have since changed to twice... but now reading up here, I might switch to once a week with shampoo and the other as CO.

My question was this - when hopping on in the shower for CO, do you condition the length only or the whole head? Does your head "miss" the scalp massage washing with shampoo gives? What do you actually do for CO?

Honey39
March 7th, 2009, 03:50 PM
When I CO, it's like I shampoo with it, except with LOTS of cheapo conditioner -my hair absolutely loves this as it's daily routine, it looks spotlessly clean and lovely.

Sissy
March 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM
that's fantastic! It must feel good to know that people are loving your hair.

GlassEyes
March 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM
My question was this - when hopping on in the shower for CO, do you condition the length only or the whole head? Does your head "miss" the scalp massage washing with shampoo gives? What do you actually do for CO?
Not really. At first my scalp sort of freaked a tad, but then got over it.

I still WASH like I'm using shampoo, at least the first rinse, you know, with scrubbing and all that, but just with conditioner.

Hold on, let me dig up the CO article...

Edit: Here you are:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=70

This is the method I sue, except I leave in some of the conditioner from my second rinse, or just use it all as a leave in. ^_^

ratgirldjh
March 7th, 2009, 05:11 PM
i have 'sort of' convinced my very curly haired bf to stop using shampoo and to use conditioner. when he did this for a month he ended up with beautiful angelic ringlets! which i loved - and he HATED! so he went back to shampoo! and a frizzy mess of hair he has to keep short... can you believe this???

MEN................................. ;)

GlennaGirl
March 7th, 2009, 05:33 PM
YAY for you! :)

Fencai
March 7th, 2009, 05:37 PM
rock on!!! It always feels good to be able to enlighten someone else!

GlassEyes
March 7th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Not so much 'enlighten'. XD That sounds arrogant, or at least slightly.

More like accidentally convinced through no power of my own. XD

skay
March 7th, 2009, 06:30 PM
...to give up shampoo. xD;

My mom's ex-girlfriend is living with us at the moment (as well as her ex-husband...my mom's awesome, fyi), and I was talking to her in the kitchen while my hair was drying and I was getting some orange juice. Apparently she's been having hair issues (climate change from moving back to NE from Texas), and she asked my mom why my hair was so nice. XD; My mom gave her the rundown of my hair craziness (much to my slight mortification...), and how I only wash my hair with shampoo about once a month.

So we're talking, and she said, "Yeah, shammpoo is drying. I've actually started doing it less since your mom told me how you only do it once a month. It's so shiny."

BOOYA. XD; At least my efforts aren't completely pointless! WHOO.:cheese:

Though, granted, I don't like people knowing the depth of my obsession, but a compliment is a compliment, so meh. :p

GlasssEyes, my hero: :graduate: .

Not only are you an inspiration to others, but you are humble as well. :) ;)

Seriously though, that's awesome. Your shiny ringlets are definitely an inspiration.

----
Ratgirldjh, that's a funny story about your boyfriend. Oh well. ;)

Heidi_234
March 8th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Yeah, I wish people were that open-minded around here. :nono: When I accidentally told that I trashed my shampoo and never brought a new one, I got the degrading look of "what's wrong with you, you pitiful being?". Damn right I don't use shampoo, and my hair is not as thin as yours anymore!
I tried to covert my mother (her hair's so dry! And she probably got the-least-oily scalp just like me), and she was like "But...But it got to be clean, doesn't it?".
:justy:
Humans.

Starr
March 8th, 2009, 04:32 AM
:justy:
Humans.

Exactly what I was thinking!;)

Glasseyes, isn't it wonderful to know that your influencing by example, rather than by coercion? It's such a testament to just how wonderful your hair is:inlove:.

Although if coercion is your thing:suspect:, I suggest you try :pins: instead of :hatchet: because it tends to be a lot less messy. Plus you have the added bonus of coming across as :wannabe: instead of :demon:.

I'm just saying. . . :tongue:

MadPirateBippy
March 8th, 2009, 11:16 AM
One by one, inch by inch, we are taking over the world and bringin long, pretty hair to the masses...

So eventually I'm BOUND to get some minions, right? :D

GlassEyes
March 8th, 2009, 01:54 PM
GlasssEyes, my hero: :graduate: .

Not only are you an inspiration to others, but you are humble as well. :) ;)

Seriously though, that's awesome. Your shiny ringlets are definitely an inspiration.

----
Ratgirldjh, that's a funny story about your boyfriend. Oh well. ;)

XD Thank you, but I don't really feel like I'm being 'humble' at all.

I just know what works for my hair and what doesn't...er, mostly. Still working on that a bit. xD; But Thank you.

Forever_Sophie
March 8th, 2009, 02:52 PM

LOL!

This is awesome, good for you! (and her!!) :) Nicely done!

GlassEyes
March 8th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I don't know if it's a good thing or not. It remains to be seen if it'll help her...but still kinda cool. XD;

Silverlox
March 8th, 2009, 04:31 PM

Okay, I'll accept that your awesome mother did the enlightening. :D

However, the convincing was certainly no accident, but rather through the power of your gorgeous hair. :eyebrows:

One by one, inch by inch, we are taking over the world and bringin long, pretty hair to the masses...

So eventually I'm BOUND to get some minions, right? :D

Why, Bippy! Don't you know that as a guru, all us lowly non-gurus here are your minions?

You -> :queen:

Me -> :bowtome: