PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons to longer, plentiful hair...

Alana2000
March 7th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Pros:

Hides the terrible bald spot growing at the back of the head from nasty Ringworm...:)

No one even notices the issues for weeks! Even the bearer of the fungus!:D

If someone with short hair has the same issue, everyone can see it!

Cons:

No one notices a huge blooming bald spot! Twice the size of twonie (larger then a silver dollar)! :(

Even the bearer of said fungi feels bald spot at random and says to self "thats odd it feels bald back there, but I have way too much hair, it must just be flat"... Hello!?! The another week flys by with out so much as an itch.. but it was feeling a tad hot.. hmm.

Final realization:

When one feels a bald spot/hot spot at the back of the head check it and treat it... before you lose that much hair.

Pity me please!

Anje
March 7th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Ack! Ringworm sucks, and it's one of those things you're exposed to constantly (same bug as athlete's foot). Had a little spot of it form on my belly once, never itched, so I can see how it could sneak up on you.

On the bright side, it'll be easy to hide til the hair comes back. After all, no one noticed before. Maybe no pigtails for a while, though.

I hope things grow back quickly. Miconazole might help, but I'd use whatever the doctor recommends to get rid of the infection first.

smilinjenn71
March 7th, 2009, 08:13 AM
So sorry to read this!:grouphug:

I second trying the monistat on the spot. Can't hurt. Actually with the anti-fungal properties it should keep the ringworm at bay.

goodenough
March 7th, 2009, 08:17 AM
You think you got it bad? I have ringworm on my face. (Maybe this belongs in the dirty little secrets thread.) I had some results with lemon juice, but it came back b/c I wasn't consistent with it.

Alana2000
March 7th, 2009, 09:31 AM
On your face! Wow, I feel your pain.

turtlelover
March 7th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I had foster kittens give me ringworm once -- fortunately everywhere BUT on my head -- that would have really freaked me out!!! Tea tree oil cleared it up quite well, but you have to keep the skin bathed in it rather constantly, and it is a very strong smell that I don't particularly care for.

Debra83
March 9th, 2009, 03:37 AM
what the heck is ringworm?

see edit line please!

Morningglory
March 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM
;)Tinactin sold over the counter is used for ringworm. It works. But, I believe it takes several months.

If you can afford to go to the doctor you should, it can grow and spread.:o