PDA

View Full Version : new here, ordered some henna!

Brat
March 6th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Hey everyone! Great site, by the way. Lots of info! Little overloaded, actually! I ordered some henna/indigo/alma from the HFH site, excited for it to get here. I have spiral type curls, just past bsl, bleached and colored. Natural is a mousy darkish brown, and I have red/dark brown color in it now. Several months old. My roots are maybe an inch long. I ordered 100g Punjabi Prime Body Art Quality henna, 200g indigo, 25g alma pack, and was wondering if I need to worry about my roots turning out a different color than the length.

Any ideas are much appreciated! :)

dulce-de-leche
March 6th, 2009, 08:56 PM
:blossom:Hi Brat and welcome
Wow I've been on LHC for 9 months and I just ordered my 1st henna from henna for hair last week;)

CopperHead
March 7th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I don't think your roots will be too much of a problem because they are brown. If you do see any difference, you can always do a roots only application to even it out. I guess it depends on if your roots are darker or lighter than the rest of your hair, or just a different color of brown.

Shermie Girl
March 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Henna and indigo have a lovely ability to, with repeated applications even out hair that is uneven in colour. A nice thing for you if you are growing out chemical colour.

I had chemical blonde under chemical brown under henna and had nearly perfect, even colour from roots to tips. (I am no longer a henna head.)

Brat
March 7th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the help, I'm looking forward to trying this. I should have enough indigo to do a roots only if I need to. Much appreciated!