PDA

View Full Version : My husband called my hair LONG!

feralnature
March 6th, 2009, 12:55 PM
...and I knew I had to tell yall!

Isn't it funny how we want to tell each other these things. I was snuggling with my hubby and my hair got all tangled around his arm and he said "Your hair is getting LONG!" Naturally, I was thrilled that he noticed. So here I am reporting it :)

Coriander
March 6th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Congratulations!!! Aren't these kinds of compliments just the bestest in the whole world? :D:D

InTheCity
March 6th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Hooray! Congrats and I know you feel great about it.

That's my secret but not yet documented goal - for someone to tell me my hair is long... I'm not far behind your length so I hope it happens soon.

Fillette
March 6th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Wow that's a nice compliment! And your hair IS long by real-world standards!
(that's what I keep reminding myself ;) )

feralnature
March 6th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Fillette, I like that..

"real world standards" :)

DragonLady
March 6th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Oh, isn't that the nicest thing? I looove it when my DH notices something that I've worked at for a while. :) Better, he's right -your hair is getting long, and it's lovely. :)

chris1374
March 6th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Congrats!! Did he like it?

oldgregg
March 6th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Sound like your getting there! :)

feralnature
March 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Congrats!! Did he like it?

yes, Chris, he liked it and welcome to the forum :)

ailin
March 6th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Haha, congrats! I know the feeling... came to work the other day and took my braid out, as I was doing it my coworker turned around and said, in a rather surprised voice... "Wow, you have long hair."

:D <- me.

*Amy*
March 6th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Congrats! I can relate - it makes me secretly happy every time someone says "Boy, your hair is getting long"!

spidermom
March 6th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Congratulations; I know how much those affirmations mean to us all.

LittleOrca
March 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Grats!

My fiancee loves my long hair and loves it when I have it loose, but he tends to tangle himself in it too and then feels guilty for pulling my hair... That is when I strike and fake pout and get a new hair toy out of it! :D

cowgirllong
March 6th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Cool! I love it when my hubby comments on my hair. He almost never does, so when he says something I really remember it.

JamieLeigh
March 6th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Haha, that's awesome! Congrats on the compliment! :flower: My mom was reading over my shoulder just now, and she thinks I'm nuts for considering "long" to be a compliment... (but I think she's nuts for considering keeping a short, dyed & layered hairstyle!);)

Pixna
March 6th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Congratulations! I know how much that means. My DH keeps telling me that my hair is "getting there." I can't wait for the day when he says "it's there!"

It's true that by RW standards, many of us would be considered longhairs, but when we come here, we feel like such shorties (well, I actually am right now . . . but that's another story). Let those compliments spur you on to SUPER long! :D

neon-dream
March 6th, 2009, 03:46 PM
ahw :D!!!
Congratulations!
:blossom:

jera
March 6th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Congrats ! Don't you just love those moments of accomplishment and appreciation. :D Your hair does look longer than t did in your avatar.

Themyst
March 6th, 2009, 05:20 PM
You've reached a milestone! That's great.

Soon though, it won't be so funny! Whenever my DH puts his arm around me and then we move away from each other, my hair gets caught ... in his armpit! Of course, he never notices until he feels the pulling and the exclamation of , "Hey! I'm caught!"

Especially embarrassing in public!

BlndeInDisguise
March 6th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Aaaw, what a great compliment. Congratulations! :)

feralnature
March 6th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Haha, that's awesome! Congrats on the compliment! :flower: My mom was reading over my shoulder just now, and she thinks I'm nuts for considering "long" to be a compliment... (but I think she's nuts for considering keeping a short, dyed & layered hairstyle!);)

You are the age of my oldest daughter, my son just turned 30. So I assume i am about your mom's age but I guess your mom isn't an old hippie flower child like I am. I don't feel normal without my hair long. When it has ever been short, i have felt scalped. Even my younger sister sports soccer mom hair, I just can't.

MadPirateBippy
March 8th, 2009, 11:48 AM
My husband tells me that my hair is too long. I'll convert him eventually!

Debra83
March 8th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I've had people tell me "you're hair is getting longer!" but I can't wait until they tell me, "you're hair is long!!!"...THEN I'll feel like it's growing!!!

s_tresses
March 8th, 2009, 10:11 PM
yayy! lol I have to ask people if my hair is long.

skay
March 9th, 2009, 10:04 PM
...and I knew I had to tell yall!

Isn't it funny how we want to tell each other these things. I was snuggling with my hubby and my hair got all tangled around his arm and he said "Your hair is getting LONG!" Naturally, I was thrilled that he noticed. So here I am reporting it :)

That's such a nice story - who else better to notice your long hair than your hubby during a snuggle. :)

Tressie
March 9th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Congratulations! I know it made your day to hear that, especially from your DH! (o: