PDA

View Full Version : Sparkly Greetings and Shiny Salutations!

IndigoInk
March 6th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I found these boards a few days ago but I lurked at first. I already have fairly long hair, it's about TB length. It's not nearly as healthy as I would like though. I'm just so excited to have found this forum! I know I will probably have to cut a good amount to get the condition I want. I look forward to learning from all of you :)

AJoifulNoise
March 6th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Welcome the the boards, IndigoInk! :flower:

cowgirllong
March 6th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Welcome! You've come to the right place to learn how to do 'all the right things' for your hair. You are 'starting' from a great place. I wish my hair were TB length!

Kerynna
March 6th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Welcome! I like your "sparkly greetings and shiny salutations" topic line. :D

But I'm already jealous of your hair. :p

Enjoy!

Nightshade
March 6th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Welcome to LHC!

You may not have to do one big cut to make your hair nicer :) The article on damage hair in my siggy may be of interest to you :flowers:

IndigoInk
March 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Welcome to LHC!

You may not have to do one big cut to make your hair nicer :) The article on damage hair in my siggy may be of interest to you :flowers:

Thank you for all the replies!

That article is amazing! I'm a bit voyeuristic and love reading other peoples' journies :) It gives me a lot of hope that I won't have to sacrifice my length completely to get my hair in better shape! thank you!

Sissy
March 6th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Warm greetings to you! Welcome to LHC :)

SpecialKitty
March 6th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Welcome to LHC IndigoInk! :waving:

Like Nightshade said, you don't have to do a big chop in your quest for healthier hair. If you like your length, maybe just some trims and TLC will do the trick.

Pierre
March 6th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Hi, IndigoInk! Any relation? ;)

IndigoInk
March 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM
ROFL no, no relation that is one of my all time favourite movies though :D

Nightshade
March 6th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Thank you for all the replies!

That article is amazing! I'm a bit voyeuristic and love reading other peoples' journies :) It gives me a lot of hope that I won't have to sacrifice my length completely to get my hair in better shape! thank you!

You're so welcome :D I'm glad you found it helpful! If you're wondering, here's my 3 Year Anniversary (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=21042), and you can actually see my growing out the damage progress there :) (If you can't see the pics you may need more posts)

SimplyLonghair
March 6th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Welcome IndigoInk! This is a great place to learn how to improve the hair you have and grow it better! LOL

Here are my before and after LHC pics I think they speak volumes!:D
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d91/simply_longhair/momnewprofile2.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d91/simply_longhair/momnewprofile.jpg

Aditi
March 7th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Welcome to the boards IngoInk i am sure you will find lots of ways to make your hair beautiful and full. And i loved your topic line.

CreativeHere
March 7th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Hi IndigoInk! I'm another newbie as well! But I don't have your already fabulous hair. (Tb! I wish!) Anyway, we get to learn together! How exciting!

PS: Yes, I do have a love affair with exclamation points. They're just so... exclamation-pointy!

~CreativeHere

IndigoInk
March 7th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Your pictures are amazing! I also tried a deep conditioning on my hair today and it made a huge difference, I think my hair is not nearly as bad as I first thought. I'll post pics as soon as I get enough posts. :)

CreativeHere
March 8th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I can't wait! (Does this count as a post?) ;)
~CreativeHere

IndigoInk
March 8th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I can't wait! (Does this count as a post?) ;)
~CreativeHere

No, sorry! :) Posts don't count in the new section..or the games section I think. I haven't found it hard to post though there is so much to talk about on here!

ETA: I added a length pic to my profile if anyone is interested.

CreativeHere
March 8th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Oh, poohey. ;)

Sissy
March 8th, 2009, 03:16 PM
No, sorry! :) Posts don't count in the new section..or the games section I think. I haven't found it hard to post though there is so much to talk about on here!

ETA: I added a length pic to my profile if anyone is interested.

Your length shot in your profile is very pretty. Your avatar on the side here it looks like your hair is quite blonde but in the profile it looks darker. Either way, very beautiful hair!

IndigoInk
March 8th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Your length shot in your profile is very pretty. Your avatar on the side here it looks like your hair is quite blonde but in the profile it looks darker. Either way, very beautiful hair!

My hair is all colours LOL. It's usually a darkish brown. It has golden and red to it depending on the light. I was a redheaded toddler, from Kindergarten to about Junior year and then it darkened up. It's like kaleidoscope hair :D

MagnusXP
March 10th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Hiya and Welcome :)