PDA

View Full Version : Hi New Member confused about hair type

stargazer028
March 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Hi, Im a bit confused about my hair type I thought I was 2a but Ive always had a few spirals around the nape of my neck
my hair is weird if I brush it when its wet it goes kinda straight but If I brush it when its dry its goes frizzy If I dont brush it at all I get waves my blog http://stargazer028.blogspot.com/ contains pics can someone help me out?
the first pic is the most recent taken in march 2009 and hasnt been brushed
second pic was taken december 2008 and has been brushed when wet and dry
third pic taken april 2008 and was brushed when wet

spidermom
March 5th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I think it will need to be longer. Right now it looks about 1C, maybe 2A. But length brings changes - you might have long loose curls that look like fullness and waves right now. That's what happened with me. Left to its own devices, my hair forms lots of 2C curl, which you'd never guess from my sig pic. Anyway, it will be fun watching what happens with your hair with more length.

stargazer028
March 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah I was thinking that it will change with length like you said but Ive also coloured it alot which has probably damaged it a bit too will just have to wait and see what happens thanks for the reply

lapushka
March 5th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I'm thinking 1b or possibly 1c.

InTheCity
March 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM
That sounds very similar to my hair! I call myself a 2b

sherigayle
March 5th, 2009, 08:54 PM
You're hair seems similar to mine and I consider myself 2a. The underside of my hair is curlier than the top, but I kept it as a 2a because of the combination. Being a 2a is nice, we can straighten fairly easily and still maintain body and volume and we can get curls that hold well too.

Honey39
March 6th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I think you're a 1c, but it's hard to tell, those waves might get more pronounced as your hair gets longer.

Lovely hair!

Katze
March 6th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I'd say 2a/2b. You seem to have ringlets developing in the untouched pic, which for me didn't happen until my hair got longer.

I see more waves than straightness in that untouched pic. Is your hair frizzy? Does it change texture a lot? Does more moisture make it wavier? Then I would tend to put you in the wavies (2) rather than straight hair category.

My hair is similar to yours and, while it has straight(er) parts, also has spiral curls on the underneath, and goes straighter if I brush it. However, whenever I tried to make it straight, the "bumps" come out, telling me that my hair is, indeed, mildly wavy. And I think yours is wavier.

Chrissy
March 6th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I have no idea but welcome!!!! Your hair no matter what type is very pretty.

Anje
March 6th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Hi and welcome. You've got quite a lot of wave at your length for a 2a. It'll be easier to tell what the pattern is when you've got more length, but I can tell that the wavelength is fairly short. My guess is 2b. Pics of washed, airdried, untouched hair are best for typing.

It's entirely possible to have multiple types on your head, too. Straighter on top, wavy or curly underneath is pretty common. I'm only slightly wavy, but I can get tight spirals at my nape.

stargazer028
March 6th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah I'll just have to be patient and let it grow, oh and thanks for the compliments:)