PDA

View Full Version : Can't Stop Split Ends !!!!

wh!terose
March 5th, 2009, 01:30 PM
hi all
wish you all doing fine

simple i have little problem .. i cant stop my split ends every time i tirmed my hair .. n usualy when i see split end i remove it....
but whenever my hair start to grow split end showup again .. n like these am not able to grow it longer

any help !!! and btw am not useing any hair dryer or iron and am doing oil be4 shampoo am trying also to use coconut oil at the end everyday ..but nthing work

Aisha25
March 5th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Ok few questions. Are you using henna and when you cut the splits are the scissors sharp or dull? Do you wear your hairs in updo or braids?

wh!terose
March 5th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Ok few questions. Are you using henna and when you cut the splits are the scissors sharp or dull? Do you wear your hairs in updo or braids?

hi Aisha ..
am using henna but like once in amonth .. scissor am using is small one n sharp not dull ... usualy my hair in updo but sometimes i sleep with braids !

i realy wish if could rid off this ..so it can grow in anice way ..because now not all my hair in the same length ..cz whenever i see split i remove

lora410
March 5th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I have this same issue and have come to the fact it is uncontrollable. I can use the sharpest scissors in the world and it would split a week later. As you can see my hiar is long and splits ends haven't stopped me yet :) I use henna as well.

Aisha25
March 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
hi Aisha ..
am using henna but like once in amonth .. scissor am using is small one n sharp not dull ... usualy my hair in updo but sometimes i sleep with braids !

i realy wish if could rid off this ..so it can grow in anice way ..because now not all my hair in the same length ..cz whenever i see split i remove
Ok what you are doing is good way do not worry too much. Everyone gets a splits no matter how careful we are. They will grow long just keep doing what you are doing:)

wh!terose
March 5th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I have this same issue and have come to the fact it is uncontrollable. I can use the sharpest scissors in the world and it would split a week later. As you can see my hiar is long and splits ends haven't stopped me yet :) I use henna as well.

realy lora its not controlable !! my hair quit like ur same length but not all of it some are shorts !! because i remove the splits
so am trying to grow all the hair with the same length :S

wh!terose
March 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Ok what you are doing is good way do not worry too much. Everyone gets a splits no matter how careful we are. They will grow long just keep doing what you are doing:)

Thanks alot Aisha ill try keep on for what am doing to get better result
but little que. Braids doesnt cause split ends ?

Aisha25
March 5th, 2009, 01:58 PM
No if you do them loose they help hair be contained. If you do braid to tight then yes it is bad for the hairs;)

Aisha25
March 5th, 2009, 02:03 PM
To get healthy hairs make sure to eat healthy drink enough water and cover the hair when out in the sun. Oil them treat them gently and your hair will be awesome:thumbsup:

wh!terose
March 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM
thanks alot Aisha for the advices and the most i need to change is the healthy food:D

thanks alot

Beatnik Guy
March 5th, 2009, 03:08 PM
If you have long hair, you will have at least some splits (I have a bunch). It comes with the territory. :shrug:

lora410
March 5th, 2009, 03:10 PM
realy lora its not controlable

I know, Mine aren't either. Just care for you hair the best you can.

Anje
March 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I concur, long hair almost always has splits, and while we can keep them at bay, almost everyone has at least some. Furthermore, some people's hair splits more than others, and some hair is more fragile than others.

Do make absolutely sure that your scissors are sharp. If you trim your hair and are full of splits a few weeks later, I suspect they've gotten too dull for hair. Also, be very careful how you tie your hair (braids and ponytails particularly), making sure your splits aren't forming at the location where the hair tie goes. If they are, you'll want to look at other ways of securing your hair and try to move the location around.

wh!terose
March 5th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I concur, long hair almost always has splits, and while we can keep them at bay, almost everyone has at least some. Furthermore, some people's hair splits more than others, and some hair is more fragile than others.

Do make absolutely sure that your scissors are sharp. If you trim your hair and are full of splits a few weeks later, I suspect they've gotten too dull for hair. Also, be very careful how you tie your hair (braids and ponytails particularly), making sure your splits aren't forming at the location where the hair tie goes. If they are, you'll want to look at other ways of securing your hair and try to move the location around.

great tips thanks alot Anje

neon-dream
March 5th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I get a lot of splits, it just happends I suppose. We can reduce the amount we get but we cant rid them altogether I don't think!

tooqute2nv
March 5th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Maybe instead of cutting them off, just try to make them not look like split ends? lol Like by putting some oil on your hair when a little damp and rub into the ends? Make it looks like "splity"?:o

podo
March 5th, 2009, 09:12 PM
If you have long hair, you will have at least some splits (I have a bunch). It comes with the territory. :shrug:

Amen.

I made a post almost exactly like this one a while back. I had cut 6" off my hair one night - I cut 1" and then looked for splits. If I found even one I went another inch..and on..and on..and on until I couldn't find any. Guess what - a month later I had more splits.

It's not something you can get rid of, especially if your hair is fragile as mine seems to be. Usually I see people post or blog about doing what it takes to hit the length they're after and then they start trimming to fix the ends (even them up or thicken them).

Review the boards for more ideas on how to treat your hair gently. Are you using rubber bands on your braids? Elastic with metal bands? Plastic brushes or combs? Shampoo/conditioner with sulfates, parabens, or cones? Are you piling your hair on your head when you shampoo? How often do you wash? Do you brush wet hair? Once you learn more about how to care gently for your hair you'll get fewer splits...but never no splits.

HairColoredHair
March 5th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I will always have splits, however, putting my hair up and treating it nicely with gentle combing instead of rough brushing, careful detangling and safer hair accesories (no metal, no glued lines, no seams in my comb, etc) have helped greatly REDUCE the splits. And my hair has begun to grow when it "wouldn't" grow.

wh!terose
March 6th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Maybe instead of cutting them off, just try to make them not look like split ends? lol Like by putting some oil on your hair when a little damp and rub into the ends? Make it looks like "splity"?:o

ya this what am doing but it cant solve ! Coz once you leave the split it will go up to the hair ..cause more damage
so better to remove

rymorg2
March 6th, 2009, 06:57 AM
I USED to have hair like that.....I still get some splits but not nearly as much as before and I attribute that to the catnip rinses I do 3 times a week or every time I wash. That's all I use for conditioner. Now my splits aren't split for the most part, there are angled ends but that's all I can find.

MadPirateBippy
March 8th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Check out the catnip thread.

ktani
March 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Check out the catnip thread.

The catnip Article, may be easier to read, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118

Magicknthenight
March 8th, 2009, 12:55 PM
do you have any past damage? If so, even now that your taking care of your hair, that could be causing all the split ends.

CryssieWillow
March 9th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I don't know if it is for you, but I stopped combing my hair. That made a tremendous difference! I think I get just 10% of the split ends I used to have.

ilovelonghair
March 9th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I started using catnip again today, I hope it will work. I also cut off a fair bit to have a thicker hemline. I really should do s&d every week if I want to be split end free. I wouldn't mind split ends if they wouldn't travel up, because they're not very visible in my hair. I just don't want to risk the travelling up and loosing hair over this.

wh!terose
March 9th, 2009, 10:09 AM
The catnip Article, may be easier to read, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118

thanks alot

ktani
March 9th, 2009, 11:17 AM
thanks alot

You are most welcome!

jojo
March 9th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I think long hair=splits no matter what you do. My hair is fine which breaks and splits as soon as it reaches BSL, all I can do is make sure its conditioned and S&Ded regularly and hope for the best. Oils though have helped in reducing the amount of splits I get but do not eliminate them entirely.