PDA

View Full Version : You Know You're Born to be a Longhair When...

Dreams_in_Pink
March 5th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Last night, after I tried to keep all my short strands in place (and failed), i was inspired to start a thread like this :) I don't know if this version was started before (i know of that "you know you're a longhair when..." one) so i gave it a shot.

You know you were born to be a longhair when...

1) ...you start to think about how beautiful your disastrous layers/ damaged frizzy locks were.
2) ...wearing a wig sounds like a good idea.
3)...your satisfaction of having a stylish modern haircut lasted only 10 minutes.
4)...although everyone (even boys) all agree that you look fabulous, you feel ugly inside.
5)...you invest a fortune on clip-in extensions, KNOWING that you won't even be able to wear them for like 5-6 months...
6)...you come to realize how wonderfully shiny and healthy your tiny strands are compared to those silly, thin, flat extensions.
7)...you actually miss spending hours to style it.

these are my entries, add more if you want :) (oh, and i've done all of these by the way :D )

Pixna
March 5th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I knew I was born to be a longhair when:

1)...I felt totally naked when my hair was pixie length.
2)...I tried to flip my hair over the back of a chair and discovered there was nothing there to flip.
3)...I dreamed (just the other night) that someone told me my current (neck-length) hair was "boring."
4)...I tried to move my (non-existent) hair to the side of my pillow so it won't get damaged when I sleep.
5)...I ran my fingers through my hair and discovered how very much I miss having more length to run them through.
6)...I realized how beautiful my hair actually is and wondered how insane I was to go short.
7)...I remembered that when my hair was long, I never, ever had any bad hair days!!!

Aisha25
March 5th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I knew I was born to be a long hair cause my entire family is:D Thanks god for good genes;)

Omens
March 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM
1. When I cut off three inches of fried hair and regretted it, even though it looked scraggly and felt like splintered bits of hay. Dare I mention that it was practically orange?

2. When I constantly pet/groom my hair like it's some sort of precious animal attached to my head. (I don't think anyone is supposed to like hair this much, but I know none of you will tell on me ;))

3. When I take lank, flat hair over the bouncing curls that short hair always gives me.

4. When you refuse to style with any sort of heated tool, even though some days your hair might look horrible, frizzy, and wild. Somehow it is more satisfying that way.

Shanarana
March 5th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I knew I was born to have long hair because I look awful with short hair.

RancheroTheBee
March 5th, 2009, 09:51 AM
After several years of having short hair, you still make the hand movements similar to that of bunning your hair, often still surprised to find that you don't have enough hair.

Pixna
March 5th, 2009, 10:44 AM
After several years of having short hair, you still make the hand movements similar to that of bunning your hair, often still surprised to find that you don't have enough hair.

Oh geez, I do that, too!! :o Well, at least we're keeping in practice for when we get long again!

Fluke
March 5th, 2009, 12:04 PM
When you look at gorgeous, long braids and get that tugging sensation in your stomach. *I want that!*

sherigayle
March 5th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I was born to be a longhair when I was stealing the wig off my aunt's doll to wear at 2 years old.

AJoifulNoise
March 5th, 2009, 12:26 PM

This. Oh yes.

lora410
March 5th, 2009, 12:30 PM
When long hair makes me look younger; and even the thought of losing length to a trim makes me cringe.

Gumball
March 5th, 2009, 12:34 PM
And when the time comes you'll love this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2902) thread, too! :)

I knew I was born to be a longhair when I saw cool styles on other people and realized I'd have to grow my hair out to do them, too.

Dreams_in_Pink
March 5th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Hey, thanks for joining in!

I have another one:
...when you go to school wearing a half wig; so that none of your friends will see that you got a haircut and they will still think you're a longhair. (once you appear as short-haired, you should remain short haired; otherwise it will be obvious that you're wearing an extension ^^;; )

Yes, i've done this one too!

Spike
March 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
When you start making and collecting hair toys for when you've got "real" length again . . .

Unofficial_Rose
March 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM
When you turn your head and still miss the swishing of hair that you made the mistake of cutting off. Aaargh! Still, I suppose it is not helpful to beat oneself up.

neon-dream
March 5th, 2009, 02:47 PM

Lol same, my face doesnt suit short hair.

Anje
March 5th, 2009, 03:01 PM
When you had one of those growing-hair dolls as a kid and always left it out full-length.

may1em
March 5th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I dunno. I think I'm more born to extremes. When I was a shorthair, I was a hardcore shorthair. Now I'm a proud longhair and can't imagine cutting it.

I hate medium-lengths like shoulder, but loved chin in front and ear in back and love waist. I used to take pride in needing my neck buzzed with my old style. Now I take pride in being able to do awesome buns. Hair on my neck can really annoy me.

Keeping my hair long is more to avoid the medium lengths again.

enfys
March 5th, 2009, 03:48 PM
People you thought hated your hair are gutted when they find out you cut it
You cut a fringe as a kid, but never cut your proper hair.
You think bsl doesn't actually count as long...

Heavenly Locks
March 5th, 2009, 06:56 PM
When BSL doesn't look 'long enough' :)

LHGypsyRose
March 5th, 2009, 08:01 PM
1.When your a little girl running a around the house with a beach towel on your head pretending that it's your real hair! lol

2. When your a little girl watching Disney Princess movies, hoping you'll have hair like Princess Jasmine or The Little Mermaid some day.

3. When your a little girl that points out people's very long hair and are amazed by it when everyone else doesn't seem to notice.

CaityBear
March 5th, 2009, 08:15 PM
When I try to flip my hair and there's nothing to flip.

I had waist length hair when I was 12? I think before I cut it and it went to shoulder, then chin and once it was at chin it was just before winter and I would always go to flip my hair out of my jacket (I know horrible habit, no longer do that. My hair is always protected in an updo or my coat. :) And it wasn't there! I hated it!

I always dream about longer hair. Everybody comments on how long my hair is already, but I feel it's short.

misspriss
March 5th, 2009, 08:35 PM
3)...your satisfaction of having a stylish modern haircut lasted only 10 minutes

I second this.

I had waistlength hair in highschool, I cut it right before graduation. It was wonderful...why did I cut it?

I am barely APL at my longest layers, do you know how HAPPY that makes me?! *contented sigh*

Citrine
March 5th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Everybody comments on how long my hair is already, but I feel it's short.

Ditto. I won't consider myself anywhere near "long-haired" until I've reached waist *waits impatiently*

I was born to be a long-hair because nobody will believe this is my natural color otherwise :shake:

Johanna
March 6th, 2009, 12:10 AM
You think about all the hair cuts you've had over the years and pine to have those extra inches back.
If I hadn't have had those two 3inch each hack jobs last year I'd be to my first goal length by now. *sigh*

When you have a strong desire to wrap your hair around your neack like a scarf.

When you cried as a youngster after your mother made the hair dresser hack off inches.

SimplyLonghair
March 6th, 2009, 01:22 AM
When everyone thinks that your hair is long and you feel that it is very short! LOL http://www.smileydesign.net/smileys/simps13.gif

willowcandra
March 6th, 2009, 02:20 AM
when you just don't feel like yourself with short hair.

3azza
March 6th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I knew i was born to be a longhair :
when i cried myself to sleep at the age of eight because i had a neck length hair cut,
when i see other people with healthy long hair and i keep dreaming every minute of having hair like theirs,
because i feel the longer my hair is the more beautiful i become

Pixna
March 6th, 2009, 07:40 AM
because i feel the longer my hair is the more beautiful i become

I feel that way, too!!

EmpressRi
March 6th, 2009, 11:10 PM
When you reach waist and STILL think your hair isn't long enough!

noelgirl
March 7th, 2009, 05:06 AM
When you lean your head back in the shower, feel it hit waist and beyond, and can't wait until it's there for real.

Nikky88
March 7th, 2009, 12:16 PM
[quote=LHGypsyRose;491239]1.When your a little girl running a around the house with a beach towel on your head pretending that it's your real hair! lol

I did this when I was little too!lol

Sissy
March 7th, 2009, 04:56 PM

yeah, that about sums it up for me LOL

gdimoonbeam
March 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I sought out a web site for long haired people for advice and support to achieve my goal :cheese: