PDA

View Full Version : shampoo & Conditoner of choice?

HaiirPEACE
March 31st, 2008, 06:23 PM
I'm just curious what every one's favorite shampoo and Conditoner is and why.

I have yet to find my perfect match. so far i really liked Dove intensive damage therapy. my hair was really healthy and i notcied faster growth since it seemed to protect me from damage

right now i'm using Herbal Essances long hair shampoo and conditoner and i'm not really liking it. good thing i'm almost done with the bottles.

AJoifulNoise
March 31st, 2008, 06:32 PM
You know, I was thinking of posting a similar question. But, for pure curiousity.

I CO 5 days a week. My favorite conditioners are Herbal Essenses None of Your Frizzness, Herbal Essenses Break's Over, Herbal Essenses Hello Hydration, John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Amber-Maple, and Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena. I didn't like the new Long Term Relationship from Herbal Essenses, but it'll do in a pinch (so I've kept it as a back up).

On the 6th day I shampoo. With a very small amout, diluted in water. Because of that I still have the shampoo I bought in July... A LOT of it. Herbal Essenses None of Your Frizzness and Hello Hydration. I haven't experimented with anything else because these haven't run out, it takes so dang long to get through shampoo (I don't want a mess of shampoo bottles sitting around), and these that I have work well enough for my purposes.

So, that's my long-winded way of saying I mainly use Herbal Essenses with some other stuff thrown inbetween. As to why I use them... They work for my hair. They weigh it down just enough to decrease frizzies while not making it limp. They leave my hair soft and manageable. I wouldn't use shampoo at all if I weren't using coneful conditioners. But, I need the slip that the cones provide.

prosperina
March 31st, 2008, 06:47 PM
I CWC.

For Shampoo: Peppermint Avalon Organics, Lemon Clarifying Avalon or JASON henna highlights
Conditioner: Most V05 or Suave products are fabulous. I love Vo5 Strawberries and Cream, Passion Fruit Smoothie, and Strawberries and Champagne. Suave: Coconut, Mountain Strawberry.

Shampoo is generally diluted, except about once a month or so I use it full strength. The shampoo is SLS free, cleans my scalp but doesn't overdry. The conditioner is super cheap, works better than more expensive stuff and smells really really good. (I like strong smelling stuff, if you can tell. :) )

Teacherbear
March 31st, 2008, 07:15 PM
I've been using Giovanni s/c for about 6 or 7 years now.

Shampoo of choice is Smooth as Silk, conditioner is the same. I use Direct Leave In. I also put the DLI into my mister bottle with distilled water to spritz my hair when I need to revive the wave/curl pattern or to pull my hair back so it is more "slick".

Nynaeve
March 31st, 2008, 07:25 PM
I CO, and I've been using several different condish from Nature's Gate.
I like to cycle my products, whether i'm CO or CWC, because my hair is always happier when I cycle.

Kirin
March 31st, 2008, 07:35 PM
I use Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo and v05 vitaburst or tea therapy conditioner. I like them both although some days the shampoo foams, some days it doesnt lol.

Today i bought aussie moist shampoo and condish, havent used them yet though but figured i'd give em a whirl.

nastasska
March 31st, 2008, 07:43 PM
I've been using Appivita Propoline With Olive Oil And Honey Shampoo and Sani Hemp Oil Conditioner just recently and the combination seems to be working:disco:

brok3nwings
March 31st, 2008, 07:56 PM
well i love love love love love love honeysuckle conditioner from Aubrey Organics it is my favourite! And it works wonderful with the JASON henna highlights that i bought and tried about 4 times, it gives volume and it is smooth
I have to confess...i also tried the VO5 that i was reading from a lot of LHC´s but...i really really hated it. I tried it just one time so it can be it but anyway the texture of the conditioner it was not the kind i like. I really like conditioners that are absolutly heavy but not oily. When i used cones my favourite was heavy cream All Soft from Redken so i think that is why i also love Aubrey Organics. They are all heavy and this particular one smells great!

Celebrian
March 31st, 2008, 08:04 PM
I use Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo and v05 vitaburst or tea therapy conditioner. I like them both although some days the shampoo foams, some days it doesnt lol.

Today i bought aussie moist shampoo and condish, havent used them yet though but figured i'd give em a whirl.

I'll be watching this thread! I used my old bottle of Aussie Moist Conditioner last night - and am thrilled with the silk & shine I have today. Curls/whurls are back!

I bought a new bottle today, so hope it delivers same results...

wintersun99
March 31st, 2008, 08:44 PM
I've been using Giovanni s/c ... shampoo of choice is Smooth as Silk, conditioner is the same. I use Direct Leave In. I also put the DLI into my mister bottle with distilled water to spritz my hair when I need to...

Me too.
Have also used Giovanni 50/50 condish and love that too. I also use Kiss My Face Whenever condish, mmmmmm

filiadeluna
March 31st, 2008, 08:58 PM
I am so obsessed with trying out different combinations. I rotate various types, because some are old things I'm trying to use up to avoid wasting them.

*Shampoos:
Suave Clarifying (once every week or two)
Burt's Bees More Moisture
Christophe Naturals (a new all natural CVS brand)
Herbal Essences Volumizing

*Generally I shampoo every 2-3 days because my roots get rather oily if I don't.

Conditioners:
Burt's Bees More Moisture
Clinique Light Conditioner
Garnier Fructis Sleek N Shine Leave-In
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship

Other Products:
V05 Detangler (often have to use in addition to conditioner b/c my hair is very tangly)
Garnier Fructis Color Keep Shine Spray (protects color from sun damage)
:D Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum (just bought this tonight at CVS and OMG it smells AMAZING & definitely soaks into my length! Contains organic coconut mlk, coconut oils, shea butter, and egg white proteins. I will let you know how it works!!!)

CurlyNinja
March 31st, 2008, 08:59 PM
I CWC with a cheap conditioner (favorite is VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea), shampoo with Trader Joe's Refresh, and condition with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. On off-shampoo days I just condition/co-wash depending on what my hair feels like it needs.

mrs carol
March 31st, 2008, 09:30 PM
I really like the Avalon Lavender shampoo I have right now. I also like Herbal Essences French Lavender twist. With them I've been using Aura Lavender Sage conditioner. They make my hair feel so clean and soft. I love this thread, I'm learning about so many other products. When I shop for shampoo and conditioner I'm going to try some other things. My hair likes changes.

Carina
March 31st, 2008, 09:31 PM
I'm into shampobars right now.I switch back and forth with conditioners like Sante brilliant care conditioner,Jason lavender and Dove pro age.

SHADOWSCODE46
March 31st, 2008, 09:36 PM
Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo is my favorite right now (although I didn't expect to like Dr. Bronners 18 in 1 Almond Castile soap, when I used it as shampoo :heartbeat)

My favorite conditioner is Joico's Ultra Hydrating Balm. There isn't enough room on this thread for me to gush about it, but I have walked MILES on foot in search for it when I ran out. Try it and you will know what I am talking about. :)

BrianaFineHair
March 31st, 2008, 10:00 PM
Burt's Bees Shampoo - Sugar Beet and Grapefruit
Burt's Bees Conditioner - Sugar Beet and Grapefruit
(I think that's the right name)

I want to try shampoo bars. I was just looking at some online last night.

I only use the conditioner maybe once a week. Otherwise, I only do a final vinegar rinse. I have fine / oily hair, so it seems to work just fine.

EbonyCurls
March 31st, 2008, 10:16 PM
I love Nature's Gate Awapuhi shampoo. It has SLES (which is a more gentle sulphate) and is cone and quats free.
I love it b/c it has a moisturizing, creamy consistency. Cleans my scalp well but doesn't affect the length, leaving it moisturized. It feels more gentle than all sulphate-free brands I've used (including Giovanni---which is a great sulphate-free shampoo!) so I ignore that it has a sulphate (which I need anyway, plus I do CWC so I'm good to go) in it. If my hair doesn't know the difference then it's ok.

I have 3 favorite conditioners as they are pros at each of their jobs:
1) For in-shower detangling: VO5 Herbal Escapes, Raspberry
2) For my first C in CWC I leave on Elucence while I shampoo my scalp
3) For my second CWC C I use Giovanni 50/50 conditioner
BUT my all-time favorite conditioner of all time that I have been faithful to for 3 years is my DT conditioner which is Biolage conditioning balm.

Buddaphlyy
March 31st, 2008, 10:16 PM
I've been avoiding shampoo lately, but when I do reach for one, it's usually Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. I have a lot of conditioners that I rotate, but the ones I buy in bulk are Queen Helene Cholesterol and V05 Champagne Kiss.

Sidani
March 31st, 2008, 11:32 PM
I use a clarifying shampoo once a week and V05 conditioners only ... plus coconut oil overnight once a week.

trollkjerring
April 1st, 2008, 01:12 AM
I use lots of different products and rotate every time I wash my hair.

If I have to pick only one:

Shampoo: Viviscal
Conditioner: Aubrey Organics rosa mosqueta

I could stick to these two products and my hair would completly happy:D
trollkjerring

FaeryTails
April 1st, 2008, 03:01 AM
I've got a bathroom closet full of products...
but at the moment my favourites are;

Shampoo: Mastey Restore
Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth as Silk

yzkaloha
April 1st, 2008, 03:47 PM
For my conditioner only washes, I like to use VO5 Kiwi Lime. It gets all of the shea butter and jojoba oil out of my hair.

For conditioning my hair, I love Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose. It smells great, and makes my hair very smooth and manageable and easy to comb.

I use shampoo on my hair only before a henna treatment and for that I like to use Aubrey's Organic's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo. It doesn't overstrip my hair, and it has no Sulfates or Parabens.

eoifemacbeth
April 1st, 2008, 09:54 PM
I'm currently obsessed with:

Shampoos: Lush Cynthia Sylvia Stout, Nexxus Phyto Organics Theratin, C.O. Bigelow Not Your Ordinary Daily Shampoo, Redken Cleansing Cream, Lush Big

Conditioners: Lush Veganese, Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin

Masks and Treatments: Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Puree Mask

Styling Products: Redken Outshine Polishing Milk

I never blow-dry, I rarely straighten, I rarely curl. My hair has a nice loose wave that looks best when finger-combed, then air-dried. (Also, my hair is a cone whore. I can occasionally do without a cone poo, but if I do, I must use a cone dish, or at least Veganese as the seaweed makes a great cone substitute.)

sahiba
April 1st, 2008, 10:19 PM
I do not have any favorites. Just keep choosing from one heavenly smelling product to another.

jojo
April 2nd, 2008, 04:21 AM
I've been using Giovanni s/c for about 6 or 7 years now.

Shampoo of choice is Smooth as Silk, conditioner is the same. I use Direct Leave In. I also put the DLI into my mister bottle with distilled water to spritz my hair when I need to revive the wave/curl pattern or to pull my hair back so it is more "slick".

:cheese:Giavani smooth as silk conditioner is the rolls royce of conditioners in my opinion, nothing beats it for me!:cheese: my poos change but i always use chemical free ones!(sounds a bit personal but you get what im saying!!)

KiwiLiz
April 2nd, 2008, 04:45 AM
LUSH The Blonde, makes my natural gold highlights extra sparkly and doesn't strip my hair. It also smells good!

LUSH Jungle solid conditioner, it smells soooo good. It's a bit expensive though :(

Followed by Jojoba oil for extra moisture.

AmandaPanda
April 2nd, 2008, 04:52 AM
LUSH Gentle Lentil Solid Shampoo and Aubrey Organics Island Naturals. I like the Honeysuckle Rose, too.

rymorg2
April 2nd, 2008, 04:56 AM
Well, I'm a self professed product junkie as well as a conehead (my product junkie part gets fed regularly at work) but right now it's Paul Mitchell's newest addition to the tea tree line.....Lavendar Mint shampoo and condish. They're moisturizing and smell divine! I go back and forth right now between straight S/C and CWC. :)

Nynaeve
April 8th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I am so obsessed with trying out different combinations. I rotate various types, because some are old things I'm trying to use up to avoid wasting them.

I know what you mean, but if I have been using something and my hair doesn't like it, I don't want to use it in my hair anymore, so I start using it as a shaving cream to use it up. :o

jesamyn
April 8th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I use Nature's Gate Original Herbal Shampoo with Mane & Tail conditioner. I've tried a ton of shampoos and conditioners, and gave up because that's the combo that I kept coming back to. :)

Xanthippe
April 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I'm probably the only person here that loves Head and Shoulders at the moment :lol:

I used to use V05 when I was CO. I love the way it smells. Before that, I was all into Suave conditioners and shampoos. My scalp and hair feel really nice on Head and Shoulders right now though. However, I usually switch products whenever the bottle runs out and I stand in the hair aisle at the store. I'm already eyeing Herbal Essences. I think my hair is pretty forgiving of many different products, but my scalp is not.

Druid of Alba
April 8th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I use Aubrey Organics. I have oily hair, so I use their henna shampoo and rinse. I wonder if it dyes hair too :p

Nevermore
April 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
When I used shampoo, I used everything from Dove to Suave to Head and Shoulder, but I really loved Suave. Now that conditioner-only, I still love Suave. It smells good, it's cheap, my hair likes it and I can get it at the dollar store/walmart/pretty much anywhere.