PDA

View Full Version : Fresh ends...

Shanarana
March 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Just did a small trim on my ends...about 1/2 inch. Such a nice feeling to have the ends freshly trimmed.

AJoifulNoise
March 4th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I just trimmed this morning, too! About an inch-inch and a half. :D

LinearChaos
March 4th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I need to trim...I love fresh ends! Mine aren't as nice as they used to be since I'm growing out layers though.

Shanarana
March 4th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I need to trim...I love fresh ends! Mine aren't as nice as they used to be since I'm growing out layers though.

I am growing out layers as well. I just keep up with the trims and soon enough they will all even out. I know it's such a pain.

GlennaGirl
March 4th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Ahhhhh, feels nice, doesn't it? :)

Bene
March 4th, 2009, 03:47 PM
was just about to start this thread hahahahahahaha

went to the dominican salon to get 1/2 inch taken off today. now, around here, dominicans are FAMOUS for their hair styling prowess. but i was in there and said "no wash, no dry, no roller set, nothing. just the 1/2 inch" and held up my fingers to show her how much. the lady was pretty cool about it. when i took my hair down she said "you have such nice hair, are you sure you don't want me to fix it up for you? maybe a nice hot oil treatment?" i said "nope. just the half inch"

while she was cutting, she was asking me again if she could blow it out for me. i told "thank you but, no. blow drying damages my hair" she looked amazed and said "i don't understand, your hair is so healthy!", and i said "that's because i don't blow dry it :D"

she charged me 10 dollars for the trim, and considering that i usually get charged more, based on hair length, i was pretty happy. she did exactly as i asked, but i could tell she REALLY wanted to play around some more with my hair. i will definitely go back to her, because she showed me how much she was taking off, and afterward pointed to the ground to show how much came off in total.

and yeah, i LOVE fresh ends :)

goodenough
March 4th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I was going to start a thread, too--lol. I cut an inch off last week--at least that's what I meant to do-lol. I cut an inch off using Feye's Method for a u shape, and then I don't know why (I'm adhd) (No really), I pulled the two ponytails together in the middle and trimmed them. Duh--that's how to get a straight hem. So I really cut about 2 and a half inches off the back. But I like it!! I was past waist, and this put me a half inch above waist. I'm enjoying the straight hem, although I'll go back to a U when I go to a salon the end of March.

I have fewer tangles, and the weird thing is that I think I want to go a little shorter. I think mid-back might be my good length. I lost all my split ends in the back, and I only have a little damage on the sides. So it was a good mistake:)

Forever_Sophie
March 4th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Love that feeling! Wish I could trim my own...

LadyLongLocks
March 5th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I am crazy about freshly trimmed ends! Amazing how just a small trim can make such a big difference. I can't wait until I reach my goal and maintain, then I get to trim every month...woo hoo.

lora410
March 5th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I really need to trim but I can't bring myself to lose the length :cry:

pdy2kn6
March 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
it does really make a difference doesnt it. how did you trim it? go to a salon or do your own (feyes self trim)? i too really need to trim more (about an inch or two) off my hair to even out layers, but i don't think i can bring my self to do it, perhaps when i reach waist/bellybutton i will!

Copasetic
March 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I trimmed a half inch about a few days ago. It looks and feels great!