PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

jesamyn
March 31st, 2008, 05:40 PM
I visited a few board incarnations ago, but I mainly lurked. I guess that makes me a mostly new member. :)

I'm obsessed with my hair, though less about growing it out as long as possible than with keeping it very healthy. I've got my routine down for the most part, but I enjoy trying new things. Just because my routine works for me doesn't mean I can't pick up on something useful from someone else!

I'm sort of 'addicted' to henna, which I've used for 6 years now. I love playing around with hair treatments that I can put together from herbs or my kitchen. (I am wiggling all over to try catnip brew as my henna liquid after skimming that thread.)

I currently live in a semi-desert area. We residents normally call it a desert, but we do have scrub and some brave trees. At 9" of rain a year...well, you get the idea. The current humidity as I type this is 8%. While very humid climates have their own challenges (originally a Houstonian here), low humidity and constant sun present another set of challenges. Honey is a bad idea for me because the air has less moisture than your hair. (I used to love using it.) I used to avoid cones like the plague, but now I allow one or two in a styling product (still low on the list) because it seems to help block the moisture from being pulled out of my hair. In the end, I guess it's all about adaptation. :)

Liluri
April 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome to TLHC, you'll find lots of henna heads on here :)

Shypii90
April 6th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I'm still new to the henna concept.
Welcome!

I think henna looks pretty cool! I've seen a few members here with their hair henna-ed, it looks great.. But I don't think that red-orangey colour is good for me :p