PDA

View Full Version : What will it look like?

shortgoinglong
March 4th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Hi!
My hair is currently cut into a short pixie cut. It was left longer hair on top with my hair almost shaved at the middle and bottom. If I grow this out, won't the top grow out faster and look horrible?:( Because my hair is a good 3 inches on top and only about a half an inch on bottom.

joyfulmom4
March 4th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Not necessarily. The top has a longer distance to traverse than the bottom. Ykwim? Take a person with shoulder length hair. The hairs from the nape of the neck only have a couple of inches to go to touch the shoulder. But the hairs from the crown have quite a bit further to go. You'll be fine. And keep in mind you can always trim to even things up as you go along. Good luck!

HairyCarrie
March 4th, 2009, 08:03 AM
That's exactly the haircut I had when I started. It all catches up in the end, especially if you get some trims along the way to even things out.

Wind Dragon
March 4th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Nah, you'll just have layers the last several inches that you have the option of slowly trimming away (or not) as it gets longer. I didn't start trimming my former pixie until it got to about BSL, and it got all sorts of compliments before then.