PDA

View Full Version : Ficcare innovation clip versus superclip?

akurah
March 31st, 2008, 05:35 PM
I purchased a Scuncii Concorde clip (plastic beak clip, huge, in most Walgreens/Walmarts/Longs/RiteAids/etc) and love it! I've been using it in my french twists, inserting from top, with really only the top of the clip showing, the rest is hidden in my hair a bit like a hairstick or fork. The most comfortable hold ever when I get it just right (though admittedly it takes a few tries).

However it IS plastic, and I suspect one day my hair will break said clip, not to mention the spring probably isn't as strong as a ficcare spring nor am I entirely certain of its complete hair friendliness.

So I was thinking a ficcare beak clip, but aside from the fact that I know the superclip holds more hair than any of their clips, I really don't know much about their beak-style clips. And I'm not even sure the superclip is actually a beak style clip in the manner that I'm imagining.

So... advice? Which clip would be more suited to holding my hair based on my daily hairdo as described in the first paragraph? I'm pretty sure I'll need a large whichever I get, but I plan on measuring this plastic clip to get a more accurate idea of the size I need before I order.

Help? :flowers:

sapphire-o
March 31st, 2008, 06:50 PM
I see you're in California. Why not go to a retail store selling Ficcares and try them on? Then you'll know for sure. :)

akurah
March 31st, 2008, 06:53 PM
They only sell Maximas in the stores, otherwise I would have. :(

Nynaeve
March 31st, 2008, 07:38 PM
Awwwwww.
I hope you get one soon if you want one that badly!!!

:flowers:

Rae~
April 1st, 2008, 01:11 AM
I love the Superclip, but I've never used/seen a Ficcare beak clip so it's hard to make a comparison. My (large) Superclip is a fair bit bigger than the fakkare beak clips I'd used before, but that's not really any help....

Hopefully someone who has both a Superclip and a Ficcare beak clip will post a comparison photo. :)

Melian
April 1st, 2008, 04:57 AM
I have both a superclip and a beak clip from Ficcare. The point is that with a superclip you can hold a lot more hair in between the clip. You could use it over buns/updos like Maximas if your hair isn't too long or too thick. The beak clip is a clip that you either love or hate I think. You can only open it like half an inch and you put it THROUGH a bun.
For french twist and if you are going to grow your hair long the easiest would be the superclip since it is more versatile and easier to use.
The beak clips take some practice, but I do love mine!

akurah
April 1st, 2008, 09:58 AM
Melian, thank you! I'm leaning towards the beak clip since I actually prefer to put stuff through the buns rather than over (still haven't completely mastered the maximas) like a stick. But I may pick up the superclip instead, especially if the top is suitable for pushing through a bun if I chose to wear it that way.

Does the superclip have teeth?

Rae~
April 1st, 2008, 10:03 AM
No teeth; I'd say you could definitely push it through a bun.

And I've never used beak clips through a bun - obviously I've been doing something all wrong! :D

Stevy
April 1st, 2008, 10:04 AM
The Super Clip doesn't have teeth. I think either would work for you but you might be better off with the Super Clip, as it's designed to be inserted from any angle - the beak clips seem to work best for me when I put them in diagonally or horizontally.

akurah
April 1st, 2008, 10:30 AM
Awesome! Superclip it is, then. Thank you for your help ladies!

frizzinator
April 1st, 2008, 10:35 AM
I've been practicing every updo style with every toy I own, and I cannot explain why, but I prefer the Faccare Signature clip more than the beak for sticking down into a french twist from the top and weaving to catch some scalp hair along the seam line of the twist.

I prefer the Maximas to hold a French Twist on the outside, horizontally.

I've quit using the beak inside my french twist, maybe it's the curve that doesn't suit me, but it does not hold as comfortably vertically as the Signature clip.