PDA

View Full Version : Discovered new hairstyle. . .

marajade
March 8th, 2008, 06:26 PM
So As you thick haired folks may know, Sometimes it is tough finding a style that works for you and doesn't do something weird like tug on the hair near your ears or your temples when trying different hairstyles. I found this "style" which is more like common sense for me-- why didn't I think about this before? :rolleyes:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3100/2320105064_b6745c3c97_m.jpg

It is SOOO comfortable. Everytime I try any other type of braids they end up looking like tied logs or something but this is so comfortable and practical-- I even wore it to bed last night. I know I know I'm easily amused!! But, I found this and know I may wear my hair like this for a long time LOL! I call it my "Mists of Avalon" braids. I'm sure someone has come up with something similar. .but I just can't get over how much I like this style--
LOL. :D:inlove: Above was my first attempt, kinda messy-- but I still like it!

walkinglady
March 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM
That looks so cute on you! Very comfy looking too!

CurlyNinja
March 8th, 2008, 06:41 PM
That style is ADORABLE!!!

PatGear
March 8th, 2008, 06:44 PM
That is so cute! Your hair is very thick. One of those braids is thicker than my single braid!

marajade
March 8th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Thank you ladies!!! Sometimes I get really frustrated because it is so thick. . I can't even do buns properly. I'm hoping when it gets longer I can sort of use the weight/thickness to my advantage.

cassie_g
March 8th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Thank you ladies!!! Sometimes I get really frustrated because it is so thick. . I can't even do buns properly. I'm hoping when it gets longer I can sort of use the weight/thickness to my advantage.

Your braids will make excellent weapons once their longer. I have to be careful when flipping my braid back around people. And you can amaze people by getting all that hair to stay up with just one stick.:p Your 4 braids look a lot more comfortable than having just one or two. Especially for sleep.

marajade
March 8th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Your braids will make excellent weapons once their longer. I have to be careful when flipping my braid back around people. And you can amaze people by getting all that hair to stay up with just one stick.:p Your 4 braids look a lot more comfortable than having just one or two. Especially for sleep.

Hehe!!! I've already flicked my df several times. . He said "that's a story you can tell your friends on LHC"-- he knows me well! :inlove:

cassie_g
March 8th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Hehe!!! I've already flicked my df several times. . He said "that's a story you can tell your friends on LHC"-- he knows me well! :inlove:

Careful though you can also hurt yourself. Can't tell you how many times I've managed to whack myself in the face with a thick braid. And it hurts.

AJoifulNoise
March 8th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Hee! That 'do made me smile. I love it. I know what it's like to have thick hair... That's a clever solution!

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Waaa one of those four braids is bigger than my single!

Looking good hehe!! You have beautiful hair!

marajade
March 8th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Waaa one of those four braids is bigger than my single!

Looking good hehe!! You have beautiful hair!

Thank you Eadwine!

Chamomile betty
March 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Just too cute!
Thanks for sharing.

Amalthea
March 9th, 2008, 08:13 AM
That's a totally cute hairstyle...I bet it will be really impressive as your hair gets longer!

eresh
March 9th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Wow! That looks great!!
And such thick shiny hair, beautiful.
It would really look pathetic if I'd do that with my hair, thin braids.

jojo
March 9th, 2008, 09:09 AM
what thick hair you have! wow!! cute style too

angelthadiva
March 9th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Cute, do, girl! Man, your hair IS thick! Wow!

LilyMunster
March 9th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Those braids remind me of the beginning of the wrapped crown updo that MaidMarion uses. I think she buns each braid around the other. Amish hair pins?
It's nice to find a comfortable way to wear your hair. :)

*Elvina*
March 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I love that style and you have beautiful full hair.

sibylla
March 9th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I use that style also!If I make two plaits they always go over my ears and I canīt hear so well. They look cute on you!I thought I was the only one....

sibylla
March 9th, 2008, 11:03 AM
The style will be known as the Marajade Four.Hihi!

marajade
March 13th, 2008, 02:19 AM
The style will be known as the Marajade Four.Hihi!

LOL! Thank you Ladies! :)

busnutmedic
June 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Oh that is cute :D You have so much hair and it's nice and smooth and shiny :)

Thanks for sharing that with us :)

Bonnie