PDA

View Full Version : soy or whey protein for hairgrowth

pdy2kn6
March 4th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Since arriving in Australia i have got addicted to Boost smoothies, they ar ejust like a chain of smoothie shops like 'jamba juice' in america (which i also got addicted to when i was in new york-strawberry sunrise i think it was....mmm) anyway as i was saying... i have been getting one everyday (which really isnt good for my bank acount because they are quite pricey), and each time i get one i have the added boost of soy and whey protein. I have to admit my nails do seem really stronger since i have arrived (about 1 month ago), and they are growing faster which is a real pain because i have to keep cutting them, perhaps this has an effect on hair growth too. does anyone have soy/whey powder added to anything?> noticed any difference in growth? i cant really tell because i am trying not to look at my hair for a few months at a time so i don't stress and get hooked on checking if it has grown or not, which is another reason why i don't measure. Perhaps it is having an affect on hair though if it is on nails... Do any of you guys have protein soy boost to your smoothies or any other meals? when i was in new york i got the soy protein (free boost) added to my jamba juice strawberry smoothie, but i was only there for 4 days so not long enough for to notice or make any effect on my growth.

Anje
March 4th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Interesting, and definitely possible. That said, my one insane hair growth spurt (something like 4 inches in about 5 weeks, though I wasn't measuring then) happened to me while I was traveling too. Makes me wonder if international travel causes growth spurts.

Unfortunately, I tend to see smoothies as delicious, but a huge source for liquid calories. I do know I don't get massive growth from drinking soy milk.

Finoriel
March 4th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Normally something you eat should not give you faster growth. Except your normal nutrition lacks something important for hair, in this case protein and your hair grew slower than it´s full potential previously. Low protein diets are evil for hair, they cause slower growth and more shedding than necessary.
If your normal nutrition was too low in protein content, it is possible that this drinks speed up your growth rate. Giving your body the protein it needs to be able to ´make´ as much hair/nails as fast as your genes allow. In that case the hmm ´quality´ and strength of the now growth can be better than before too.